Never Been So Proud Of This State

• Great result on the abortion vote in Kansas. Really telling too what America thinks of the SCOTUS decision.

@Crimsonorblue22

• Not great for the unborn.

• Stop telling women what to do with their bodies. This was about basic human rights. No one should be forced to carry a pregnancy to term. There are many reasons. Please do not say “just don’t have sex”.

• I am truly curious at what stage life is valuable - I’ve never met a two year old that could carry his weight. Maybe at 6-7 when they start to get personality. 10 when they can mow? Certainly not worth much until they can drive, so maybe 15. Yes 15 is when we should start valuing life! That means these grade school shootings are meaningless. Whooo big relief.

I can see both sides - I’m glad there will be no new laws passed. I’m sad people choose abortion as a means of birth control. As messed up as people are we don’t need more - maybe this is good - should tip towards one political side losing numbers.

• Has always amused me the left wants to strictly regulate every human activity except like two.

It also shouldn’t be a big surprise. Kansas has a very unique history and politics on abortion and really isn’t that conservative a state for the most part.

• Addendum: I’m begging literally everyone to read a book about Kansas that’s not that garbage What’s the Matter with Kansas. It’s so, so, so bad. Red State Religion by Robert Wuthnow is orders of magnitude better.

• I wonder if this will start up the cessation talks again? Good times; Joan Finney…what a joke.

• @BShark You say “please do not say “just don’t have sex””. You know how easy it is to retort if you were in control of your body you wouldn’t be pregnant? Basic human rights is not a factual statement at all. Not sure where you get that from. Because it denies the right to be human to the person being killed while in the womb.

I just saw the first ultrasound picture of my first grandchild yesterday. He was sucking his thumb. Incredible technology and there’s no further proof of humanness of that 20 week old life than seeing him sucking his thumb. His brain told him to do so, moved his hand towards his mouth etc. How people can say that is a mass of tissue worthy of death is beyond just an opinion, it’s evil.

• Birth control is absolutely a human right. It’s also mentioned in religious texts, if you care about such things.

https://twitter.com/RavBogard/status/1521669490278285313

Now, ideally people would use birth control, have the abortion very early etc but life isn’t always ideal.

• This discussion is not about birth control. Abortion is not birth control. The science is clear, it’s a human life.

The Rabbi’s twitter uses an inaccurate translation calling it a miscarriage. Many other translations only state that “if there is no injury” from the fight that causes her to give birth there is no penalty, but the next verse is very clear, “if there is injury…”. Many scriptures state Good forming human life in the womb. I really think you’d have a hard time arguing with people from the viewpoint of scripture that abortion is ok.

I know as you say that life isn’t always ideal. I wish at least this was a discussion about the difficult cases, rape/incest or medical difficulty, but the facts bear this out pretty clearly that the large majority of abortions are only about the convenience of the parents. It’s this that caused Mother Teresa to state "And if we accept that a mother can kill her own child how can we tell other people not to kill one another?

• I don’t like the government messing with health care decisions- they are horrible at it. Mask mandates anyone? Lol what a joke. This is a tough subject - I would say raise your kids right and make sure the person they are dating shares their morals. I’d hate to have that on my plate.

And now I will respectfully bow out of this conversation altogether. Have a blessed existence.

• I think we ought to leave the opinion on this to those with a uterus. (Almost) nobody here can understand what it is like. The changes your body goes through. The psychological toll it takes. The physical pain it requires.

Who am I to force that upon someone? How am I even qualified to have an opinion on it?

• @wissox said in Never Been So Proud Of This State:

@BShark You say “please do not say “just don’t have sex””. You know how easy it is to retort if you were in control of your body you wouldn’t be pregnant? Basic human rights is not a factual statement at all. Not sure where you get that from. Because it denies the right to be human to the person being killed while in the womb.

I just saw the first ultrasound picture of my first grandchild yesterday. He was sucking his thumb. Incredible technology and there’s no further proof of humanness of that 20 week old life than seeing him sucking his thumb. His brain told him to do so, moved his hand towards his mouth etc. How people can say that is a mass of tissue worthy of death is beyond just an opinion, it’s evil.

Something we agree on, I couldn’t agree with you more. Agree 1000 %

• Im hopeful that overturning Roe v Wade will make this a state issue and allow for it to be less a part of federal politics.

• @approxinfinity It will always be a federal issue, especially when states try to punish women for travelling to other states, and to criminalize even talking about abortion.

• @Kcmatt7 9 MEN had an opinion that it was ok to kill an unborn baby back in 1973.