Colorado Game recap

• For once Bill Walton was tolerable. Zero mention of the conference of champions. Didn’t have to use the mute button at all.

KU’s defense gave up a season low in points. Kenpom still thinks our defense stinks though.

Self mentioned in the post game presser that he was pleased with how the guys handled the plane ride. Mentioned a good nights sleep, good walk-through. Mentioned Dave and Mitch really locked into the scouting report. Self “we’ve struggled over the years right before x-mas but tonight these guys bought in and really took care of business”.

Thoughts on the game?

• Dave looked better! lol

• @drgnslayr said in Colorado Game recap:

Dave looked better! lol

Remy really looked connected tonight too - -Jalen seemed to come out of his slump big time , shot the ball well - -played really good D.

Overall I think this is the game we really needed to get locked into going forward for Conference play lmao

• I just figure that CU bailed because they didn’t want a national ass-whoopin. They bailed from the conference because they were tired of getting spanked at least twice per year, so it’s not a big deal to bail on another game.

• Self post-game: “Our guys were ready, but a lot of our success was because Colorado just didn’t show up as much as we thought they would.”

• I don’t know what the H E double hockeysticks you were watching Beddie, but that’s not what I saw at all. Down to 5 healthy bodies, Coach Self warned the starting 5 not to ask for a sub. He reportedly told them not to worry about fouling out because none of you is capable of getting near anyone on defense anyways. Well what I saw then was Mark Teahan, I mean Conner Teahan, oops, I always get them mixed up, Chris Teahan go Steff Curry on the Buffs who were at full strength. He made 5 3’s in both halves. One, the guy on the radio said was shot from the Flatirons. The other 4 played magnificently. Coach Self told reporters he was thankful Dave tested positive so he didn’t have to read comments about why does Bill keep playing him. Zach Clemence went all Kevin Durant on the buffalos shooting lovely jump shot after lovely jump shot. Bobby P said “I’ve been waiting for my chance” and did one of those fake negative test results guaranteed things. His 15 assists are a KU freshmen record. The lack of defense was an issue for sure as Tad’s Buffs matched us bucket for bucket. Mitch had the time of his life swatting shots, taking charges, missing bunnies, even made a bad pass right to Coach Self who said “It’s OK, I actually thought Mitch is so old probably his eyesight is going or his mental capacities.” Jalen Wilson also played and set a record for someone playing 40 minutes of a game and having no stats. Coach told him just stand over along the sidelines by me and everything will work out well.

It was an exciting 139-137 victory. I can’t believe you didn’t see what I saw.

• @nuleafjhawk said in Colorado Game recap:

I just figure that CU bailed because they didn’t want a national ass-whoopin. They bailed from the conference because they were tired of getting spanked at least twice per year, so it’s not a big deal to bail on another game.

And also having their fans outnumbered on their own court!