Stony Brook Game Thread

• Apparently Remy reinjured his back. according to Self’s postgame interview.

• Coach saying that we won’t be able to continue to have this many players with this many minutes - -minutes will go down

• Ya, our depth is such that we could probably have two top-25 teams. There are going to be a few unhappy players I would guess when Self has to tighten his rotations.

• Depth will pay off in that three-games-in-four- days stretch.

• JWill will be taking 25+ minutes once he is fully back in Bill’s good graces so that alone will cut minutes from others.

• Bobby though, Bill really really loves him. You know Bill freaking loves a guy when he lets them play through defensive lapses. He’s hard to keep off the court, a spesha talent.

• I got to watch on a tiny little phone screen. I think I saw our team win, I mean it looked like guys in our unis playing good and the other unis playing good early and then guys in other unis making lots of shots so I think we won.

• First half: no comment Second half: plenty of comment! I was getting fired up to unleash on Self for leashing Remy — Til I heard the post game news about his back. Still, let the dude shoot. Pls. ZACH FREAKING CLEMENCE!!! So happy he’s gettIng some run. Such a smooth shot. More, pls. Pettiford deserves any PT he gets. I see others thought he played poorly. I was happy with his play. Are we to assume Self simply didn’t want to bring in a big to compete with Dave??? Why? Anyways, great second half. Rock chalk!

• Ochai is averaging .78 pts per minute played. Unsustainable but what a crazy good start to his season. He has 79 pts in 101 minutes so far

• @BeddieKU23 said in Stony Brook Game Thread:

Ochai is averaging .78 pts per minute played. Unsustainable but what a crazy good start to his season. He has 79 pts in 101 minutes so far

https://twitter.com/kucr8ton/status/1461564823871889410

You know you are playing well when the company is Wilt and Danny.

• @BShark said in Stony Brook Game Thread:

@BeddieKU23 said in Stony Brook Game Thread:

Ochai is averaging .78 pts per minute played. Unsustainable but what a crazy good start to his season. He has 79 pts in 101 minutes so far

https://twitter.com/kucr8ton/status/1461564823871889410

You know you are playing well when the company is Wilt and Danny.

He’s certainly playing at a level that very few reach in a KU uni so far. It looks legit and sustainable. He should be a 20pt guy the way he’s going. The improvement he’s made with the ball and his confidence/aggressiveness is so much fun to watch.

• @BeddieKU23 gee, think Och’s decision to come back was a good one? He’s shredding it!

• Bobby played more minutes than Remy last night. ✍

• @BShark Remy hurt his back. But so far Bobby>Remy IMO.

• That is what was reported but I have my doubts.

• Good game to get freshman minutes. P was really good last night for the most part. His change of direction speed is filthy

• I’ve been super high on Clemence since we signed him but man he’s exceeded expectations. I know all the talk is about him getting stronger, he will, he’s a baby faced freshman out there. But the skill level on this kid is legit already. He more then held his own last night against smaller players on defense and he has a knack for the ball. Obviously the waters get deeper as the season goes on but just from what we’ve seen it would be Criminal not to play this kid.

I’ve been super high on Clemence since we signed him but man he’s exceeded expectations. I know all the talk is about him getting stronger, he will, he’s a baby faced freshman out there. But the skill level on this kid is legit already. He more then held his own last night against smaller players on defense and he has a knack for the ball. Obviously the waters get deeper as the season goes on but just from what we’ve seen it would be Criminal not to play this kid.

Oh I agree just looks fluid and I was commenting last night after the game here Bill gonna have to figure out how can w keep getting Zach/KJ 5 minutes or so in the game we are Soooo deep. - Bill mentioned in his post game , he wasn’t going to be able to run as deep and minutes would be falling off. - Bill could legit I think run deep without a lot of drop off for a least at bit.

I tell you what I really like this group of guys we have and what we got coming in - -Mercy these young guys. You figure we lose Oachi , Dave , Remy , Jalen for sur but dm we have Zach , Bobby , KJ , Juan , Braun , Zuby , Udeh and looks like MJ - -that could be really nast group NEXT YR

Good game to get freshman minutes. P was really good last night for the most part. His change of direction speed is filthy

Bobby if he is already not - - the kid is going to be an absolute stud. - might be me but to me he sure doesn’t look like a freshman mercy , pretty well built too/solid - seems mature on the flor have I mentioned how much I lie this kid lol

That is what was reported but I have my doubts.

I heard that in post game too, Coach said Remy had tweak his back and why he didn’t play as many minutes I dunno just what Coach said

JWill will be taking 25+ minutes once he is fully back in Bill’s good graces so that alone will cut minutes from others.

Bill mentioned in his Conference not last night but I listened too from another site said Jalen will be a 30 minute guy in some type of capacity/situation

• @jayballer67 said in Stony Brook Game Thread:

Good game to get freshman minutes. P was really good last night for the most part. His change of direction speed is filthy

Bobby if he is already not - - the kid is going to be an absolute stud. - might be me but to me he sure doesn’t look like a freshman mercy , pretty well built too/solid - seems mature on the flor have I mentioned how much I lie this kid lol

Oh yeah he’s a favorite of mine already. Bought his shirt last night. Self says he’s not just gonna be good he’s going to be great

No doubt… And how can Clemence not play more in every game?

• @BShark Bobby and Zach are future NBAers, they have to play. Adams needs to play too imo

• Is it fair to say Clemence has the nicest looking form on his shot on the team this year? Dude’s gotta play.

• @rockchalkjayhawk said in Stony Brook Game Thread:

Is it fair to say Clemence has the nicest looking form on his shot on the team this year? Dude’s gotta play.

Undoubtedly.

• So if you didn’t watch the game last night, and just looked at the box score, it looks like Big Dave had a good game. 12 points, 8 boards, 1 block, decent percentages. But sure didn’t seem to pass the eyeball test if you were watching.

You would think by now he’d be calmer in the paint. I hate to even suggest it, but why isn’t he learning from Mitch? Despite his shortcomings, he can post and make a baby hook — calmly.

I hope late last season Dave shows up soon!

• @rockchalkjayhawk he’s never settled down, man. I’ll just get this out of the way right now, I know that he could come back for a fifth year if he so chose, but god I hope that he doesn’t. Not with who we have coming back and who we have coming in - not to mention who else we might be able to sign.

• @rockchalkjayhawk

Just one of Dave’s quirks. Hopefully he settles in as the season goes on like he did last year.

@jayballer67 said in Stony Brook Game Thread:

Oh yeah he’s a favorite of mine already. Bought his shirt last night. Self says he’s not just gonna be good he’s going to be great

Sweet having that shirt. Get it in advance. I’m telling you people gonna know his name for sure before it’s al said and done -got a chance to be really special

• @Marco said in Stony Brook Game Thread:

@BShark Bobby and Zach are future NBAers, they have to play. Adams needs to play too imo

I think Zach has a real chance because of his jumper. When it’s THAT good it outweighs a lot of other things. He does have a ways to go but I think he can get there.

Bobby to me looks like a pro but not NBA.

Disagree on KJ at this point, don’t think he has been very good at all he’s just athletic. I think he is worth developing but he isn’t offering much this year.

@Marco said in Stony Brook Game Thread:

@BShark Bobby and Zach are future NBAers, they have to play. Adams needs to play too imo

I think Zach has a real chance because of his jumper. When it’s THAT good it outweighs a lot of other things. He does have a ways to go but I think he can get there.

Disagree on KJ at this point, don’t think he has been very good at all he’s just athletic. I think he is worth developing but he isn’t offering much this year.

I’d have to disagree with Bobby , got to remember he still a baby even though he doesn’t look it - has some years to sharpen what ever area’s - has the body loks pretty solid to me , seems pretty mature decision making adqueate balls skills as a freshmen - think he just keeps getting better

• Bobby is a GREAT college player there is just a big difference between that and an NBA player. Dotson and Frank are struggling to make it in the NBA.

Bobby is a GREAT college player there is just a big difference between that and an NBA player. Dotson and Frank are struggling to make it in the NBA.

True but he has got time - - just a freshman - -better then Frank OR Devonte I think in their freshman yrs- just think he is further along. Seems like Frank and Actually Devonte both didn’t really seem to come on till late Soph or JR yrs right ?

• 6’1 that’s tough

• @approxinfinity how tall is Graham? Kemba?

• Bobby can’t shoot. I do expect the staff to really help him there though.

@Marco said in Stony Brook Game Thread:

Serious? You don’t think that Adams deserves some pt? Man, I must have been watching the games wrong or something. I think that needs to play too.