Don't forget you can look up to the very first post in this thread to track the continually updated roster 
Posts
-
RE: KU ROSTER 2026-27
-
RE: 2026-2027 NFL Season
With any road game, the goal is to walk away with a win. Done.
I’d have preferred a much prettier win, as there were signs of regression in some areas, but oh well.
Take the win, hope to improve.
A few signs of concern though:
— weird defensive performance. Kind of a bend but don’t break approach. And they bent a lot!
— I heard Benson’s name called more than a few times: “And xxx just zipped around Benson.”
— I think the Dolphins gave up the most sacks before today. Not much pressure from our guys.
-
RE: KU ROSTER 2026-27
@FarmerJayhawk said in KU ROSTER 2026-27:
Chatter is picking up on the Trey Kauffman-Renn front
Free-for-all!
May the best man (college hoops program) win.
This is why i don't believe any discussion about how KU has no money to spend...Trey No. 1 is back, Trey No. 2 in the grocery cart.
Does this guy play center or PF?
-
RE: KU ROSTER 2026-27
@MN-Hawk said in KU ROSTER 2026-27:
I’m intrigued to see how Tre and Tyran interact. Will it be a competition for the limelight, or a mentoring relationship? On a team basis, Tre brings some outside shooting and tough defense that were recognized shortfalls for the team, but I also worry if he’ll disrupt the chemistry that was already building. Self is going to have to do a masterful coaching job to get this team up to their potential. I hope that job includes expanding the late season roster to 9 or 10 guys rather than the 7 we’ve seen of late.

-
RE: KU ROSTER 2026-27
@BeddieKU23 said in KU ROSTER 2026-27:
If we are starting Kinney that's tough. He's got a lot to prove.
I'd like to see this combo
Blyden
White
Stokes
Dawes
MbiyaKohl, Kinney, Reeves, Parker, Adkins. An intriguing mix of depth. On paper its much better then we've had.
It’s interesting that everywhere I look most think Kinney, even though he’s a 5-star recruit, needs some time and won’t start. I don’t know any better, but that’s rare for a 5-star, right? Weird.
I’m honestly mixed about Tre returning. Good player, but he was part of last year’s awful chemistry. How will he fit in with Stokes after the DP weirdness? I just recall him pouting at times.
I think Kohl and Dennis Parker gotta be steamed Tre is back. Limits their minutes, especially when Self trims the rotation to 7!
I wonder how open Self has been with them this summer about this.
-
RE: KU ROSTER 2026-27
@JAYHAWKFAN214 said in KU ROSTER 2026-27:
Tre white is official back st kansas
Ugh, this could get ugly with more court stuff to follow.
I hope we don't become some sort of poster child mid season.
-
RE: KU ROSTER 2026-27
@drgnslayr said in KU ROSTER 2026-27:
The hell with it... time to bring science into D1. For next year... each team is allowed two robots (height restricted to 7'). Each team is allowed two legacy players, including DNA-built guys who already died but now reanimated. Finally, I get to see Wilt play for Kansas!
I like it! But Sadly The NCAA will want to limit who the robots can be programmed like. Only one Danny Manning per roster!
-
RE: KU ROSTER 2026-27
@BeddieKU23 said in KU ROSTER 2026-27:
Tre White was granted a preliminary injunction for a 5th year. Along with many others such as Jayden Dawson, Tamin Lipsey, Riley Kugel, Malik Reneau of note to KU Fans.
The circus continues.
ha. wouldn't that be crazy if after all this NCAA lawsuit garbage, the only guy Self brought back was Jayden Dawson!!!???
-
RE: Jayhawks in London
@approxinfinity said in Jayhawks in London:
The team almost looks functional. We remain cautiously pessimistic.
Taunting, teasing, tormenting ...
Or in Haiku form:
Kansas is driving!
They are on the two yard line!
Oh wait, turnover. -
RE: Jayhawks in London
Ugh, I woke up still steamed over that punt! Pretty much a downward spiral of classic KU football from there.
I can only guess, as a former golfer and soccer player, that it was a classic double cross.
Going for a slice, and ended up with a hook or straight ball.
And when you’re aiming left, and miss, now you’re in the water hazard!
We suck.
-
RE: Jayhawks in London
@Jayhawk_69 said in Jayhawks in London:
Marshall played well in the second half. He has definitely taken a huge step forward since last week and this loss is not on him in any way shape and form.
It is a shame that we wasted the one good defensive performance we will get this year on a humiliating loss.
There is no hope for the rest of the season. We will not learn from this loss. We will not become a better team from here on out. We will be resilient. We will not be successful.
I'll have to wake up and watch the second half. Marshall seemed up to his old inaccurate tricks early on. It seems like the coaching staff couldn't trust him to throw the ball. Third and long ... run.
Also, generally speaking, i think our defense has been good to respectable -- except for a few idiotic plays here and there. Run game D seems good.
I just looked at the game stats. wow. we outgained em by quite a margin!!! how did we lose?
-
RE: Jayhawks in London
Ugh. Fugly to watch at times.
Lance has made us competitive. So can’t argue there. But it would be nice to win winnable games once in a while. The laughably predictable ways we lose games is just painful to watch.
I know it’s just one factor, but that punter. Omg.
Take away whatever that one punt was supposed to be and I still wish we had another punter. Just watching that style of running around before he kicks it makes me wanna vomit. Stop running around and just Kick the freaking ball! Embarrassing.
I admit I fell asleep on the couch for lots of the second half, so missed lots, but Marshall doesn’t seem like an adequate QB.
Play calling and execution were both bad.
I’m sad to say we may not win another game this year.
-
RE: KU ROSTER 2026-27
@BigBad said in KU ROSTER 2026-27:
@BeddieKU23 said in KU ROSTER 2026-27:
I agree that the old guys need to move on.
The problem is the young guys move on too.
Too much movement all around to follow who is on the team each year. Sad.
Yea, the times are a changin.
It’s remarkable that the powers that be can’t see they are losing die hard fans like us.
-
RE: 2026-2027 NFL Season
@kjayhawks2.0 said in 2026-2027 NFL Season:
@rockchalkjayhawk I’m actually a little worried they will get big headed after that dominant performance.
Ha, confidence is a good thing! This was a nice performance tonight, but there were flaws and injuries to consider. Bienemy will keep em in line!
No complaints at all tonight, but worried about Delane of course. Shoulder's been hurt since camp. I don't see how that gets better in a week.
-
RE: 2026-2027 NFL Season
Well then, Andy Reid will run the ball! With authority! I'll take it. Nicely done, Chiefs.
-
RE: KU ROSTER 2026-27
@Jayhawk_69 said in KU ROSTER 2026-27:
@rockchalkjayhawk I agree with you about the eligibility rules being ridiculous and that is a valid reason not to want Melvin back on principle. I also agree that he was not a good three point shooter. Your concern about his presence clogging the lane for Stokes is also valid, though it does have to be weighed against the positives Melvin would bring to the table.
Where you are wrong though, is in saying that Melvin could rarely make a layup or get to the rim. He was excellent at getting to the rim and good at finishing while there.
ha! a few points of agreement!
Thanks for that.I don't have any stats to back it up, but just what I recall watching last season (but backed by his low FG%). i didn't think he was good at getting to and finishing at the rim. i recall more than a few chicken-sh*t attempts that ended up in a whimper.
Again seems like a nice enough guy, but onward, please. I know i'm a broken record about Melvin. I'll shut up now. maybe.
-
RE: KU ROSTER 2026-27
@BeddieKU23 said in KU ROSTER 2026-27:
I don't want a repeat of the last several years to be clear.
The roster is brand new outside 2nd year returnees Mbiya and Rosario so I guess I don't understand the new blood remark when 85% of the roster is brand new. Be careful what you wish for as well with this new group. There's potential but not a lot of certainties.Is your comment more directed at Council and the lack of shooting efficiency or something else specific to him at the PG position? He did struggle in the last few weeks of the season and that's something that can be hard to overlook. He also played a ton of minutes (100 more then anyone else). With the injuries to Peterson, Jackson & Dawson that seemed to put even more on Melvin's plate that ultimately wore him down.
KU currently only has 2 ball handlers on the team. A freshman and a Soph making the jump up in level from Toledo. There's been a lot of talk of Stokes being a facilitator as well due to his skills and lack of other options. If we can add Council to the mix you're solidifying the position from a lot of things.
Returning a starter with a ton of experience who knows the system and can lead sounds like a good thing to me
Again, I realize I’m in the minority here, but I do not want Melvin back. some of it being the ridiculous eligibility rules. Plus I didn’t buy into the “dawg” PR campaign, for multiple reasons. Dude cannot shoot at any level. Can’t make a 3, rarely could make a layup, or get to the rim. Struggled a lot to the naked eye at times. Plus the chemistry last year seemed sooooooo bad, and he was part of that.
So inviting him back officially clogs the lane again. No thanks. Let Stokes have space to roam!
I just don’t like the Melvin-like profile on PGs. Not a winning formula, IMO.
-
RE: Border War
What's there to hate about Ohio State, other than they are good at football?
Texas, yea.
-
RE: KU ROSTER 2026-27
if Melvin is potentially our second best player, we’re in a world of hurt. You want a repeat of last year? I sure as F do not. He seems likable and passionate enough, sure, but I’d like some new blood on the roster.
-
RE: Border War
Well, we lost, that’s no fun.
But the game was exciting to watch. Seemed competitive for awhile, to me at least.
A few thoughts:
— our O and D lines need work, or Mizzou’s were awesome.
— Marshal. Hmmm. It was his first big boy game, so maybe he just needs more seasoning, But that wasn’t pretty. He threw high, he threw low, he had no proper form to be accurate at all. And wow were those some ugly picks!
— I am 100% not sold on our running game. IMO Edwards is a tiny little dude who should only be used in open space. Not a full time back. Willis has the size and energy, but doesn’t seem like the brightest guy. I’m sure ya’ll saw his lack of blocking ability. Doesn’t seem complex. See dude, hit dude. No form whatsoever. Wow. Marshall should not be leading our team in rushing attempts.
— where were those two aggressive, speedy defenders we saw last week? Didn’t even see em play!
— I didn’t expect to win this game, but thought we would be competitive. I thought we mostly were. Imagine if we had a semi experienced QB who could have made better throws…it would have been closer.