Philly is a dissapoinment

• Well Jo jo and Philly just got through getting swept 4-0 Lots of talk , Lots of rumors ,. Broadcaster talking about how at this point and stage of Jo Jo’s career he needs to have some meaningful games - saying he was ok in games 3 and 4 but needs to have more meaningful games.

Going to be some big time moves - - saying New Coach - - New General Manager. - To me Jo Jo just doesn’t have enough help. - - - Simmons hurt again , lots of talk about Simmons being traded - that’s not what they need. - -They need more then Jo Jo and Simmons, They need to have Simmons stay healthy - need another player to go with these two. -Frustrating for me as I want to see Jo Jo do well. play well when it counts. - -I think Jo Jo shoots to many 3 pointers actually - -he was 9-34 in the playoffs - - that’s not going to cut it - -this was against Boston - ya Boston is good but NO Way they making the finals. - - Philly has got to get paast this 1st round exit crap

• The trouble is JoJo had zero help. They got rid of all the shooters without Butler and Reddick. He’s basically the modern day Wilt for that franchise, he’s got to be great for them to have a chance.

• Even if he is great, without shooting around him, Philly won’t advance past the second round.

• JoJo filled the stat sheet, but I think he’d be more effective with more energy, which probably equates to losing 10-15 lbs or more. Sluggish at times.

• @approxinfinity said in Philly is a dissapoinment:

Head #1 rolling:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29732808/sources-philadelphia-76ers-fire-coach-brett-brown-7-seasons

Boy there is a surprise huh – really want to see Jo Jo succeed really bad but have to agree, look slike he needs to drop a few pounds getting kinda big - -couldn’t hurt

• They really need to start trading folks and picks. This is arguably the worst draft class in 20 years, get rid of those picks. JoJo is shooting too many 3s because they have no shooters and they put him outta the post which is where he can dominate. They need a Damien Lillard, Bradley Beal or Devin Booker type of player. Trade for one of those guys and sign another shooter. Then they can contend in East for years.

• @kjayhawks said in Philly is a dissapoinment:

They really need to start trading folks and picks. This is arguably the worst draft class in 20 years, get rid of those picks. JoJo is shooting too many 3s because they have no shooters and they put him outta the post which is where he can dominate. They need a Damien Lillard, Bradley Beal or Devin Booker type of player. Trade for one of those guys and sign another shooter. Then they can contend in East for years.

I hear ya my friend. I guess there is some talk or being tossed about the trading of Simmons & keeping Jo , Jo - heck I’d be ok to see Jo Jo even traded let him go to more of a true contending team - - where he isn’t counted on to carry the load, but like you say if they could get him some help he would be fine in Philly too. I just want him at least to be able to be more of a contending team - -not getting any young from a professional sport standpoint. Has had a few Injuries ya know that doesn’t help any if they could get someone like Booker that would be sweet - -the guy can flat score

• I know we all love Embiid, but there’s an issue with building a team around him and that’s his durability. He’s never played more than about 75% of a season so the real question should be is Joel Embiid someone that a franchise should build around knowing he’s going to miss about 25% of the season? The reality is Ben Simmons has been the more durable player so far and plays a position of more value even if he doesn’t fit the traditional mold of a PG.

If I’m Philly’s GM, realistically I’m choosing Simmons over Embiid to build around because it’s clear at this point those two can’t coexist with each other and I would definitely package Embiid and draft picks to try and get another superstar that compliments Simmons game better than Embiid does.

• @Texas-Hawk-10 agree with the durability issue and not making him a centerpiece. If Simmons could shoot a 3 it would strengthen your argument. JoJo career .319, Simmons career .083!! Thats rough. Not sure you want to build around that either.

• @Texas-Hawk-10 said in Philly is a dissapoinment:

I know we all love Embiid, but there’s an issue with building a team around him and that’s his durability. He’s never played more than about 75% of a season so the real question should be is Joel Embiid someone that a franchise should build around knowing he’s going to miss about 25% of the season? The reality is Ben Simmons has been the more durable player so far and plays a position of more value even if he doesn’t fit the traditional mold of a PG.

If I’m Philly’s GM, realistically I’m choosing Simmons over Embiid to build around because it’s clear at this point those two can’t coexist with each other and I would definitely package Embiid and draft picks to try and get another superstar that compliments Simmons game better than Embiid does.

well understand what your saying Cause Jo Jo has had health issues , YET all the talk right now they were talking about on National Sports program over the weekend is - - That it’s sure sounds more like Simmons will be the one to be traded if there is a trade, saying the Front office likes Jo Jo more to build their program around. I heard over the weekend they were interviewing some guy don’t ask me who - -writes out of Philly and he was saying the buzz is that Simmons more likely to be on the trading block.

Now that could change - - to me personally I don’t give a rats rear if Jo Jo stays in Philly or not , actually could be better for him if they DID trade him , let him go somewhere that’s there is more pieces already in place where Jo Jo doesn’t necessarily have to be the main piece. Let him blend in , Jo Jo is a Dominant figure put up really sweet numbers but can’t do it by himself. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

@Texas-Hawk-10 agree with the durability issue and not making him a centerpiece. If Simmons could shoot a 3 it would strengthen your argument. JoJo career .319, Simmons career .083!! Thats rough. Not sure you want to build around that either.

Agee, Simmons is one reason they have struggled in the playoffs , he has no outside consistent shot - - ugly shot , gets most of his off drives , rebounds & dunks. Plus he has had his own share of health issues , he got hurt this year again right before the playoffs against Boston not really a good track record himself. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

@Texas-Hawk-10 agree with the durability issue and not making him a centerpiece. If Simmons could shoot a 3 it would strengthen your argument. JoJo career .319, Simmons career .083!! Thats rough. Not sure you want to build around that either.

Simmons improved to 29% this season from 3 and will probably end up in the low 30% range most seasons from here on out so the 3 point issue isn’t that valid anymore. Simmons will probably never be a high volume shooter or scorer because that just isn’t his game as he’s never averaged more than 17 ppg and will probably never be much higher than that.

Philly needs to pair Simmons with a high scoring 2 or 3 that can hit 40% from three and be good for 25 a night. Put someone like Devin Booker, Bradley Beal, or Brandon Ingram alongside Simmons along with some shooters to fill out the roster and and Philly suddenly becomes the most dangerous team in the east

• @jayhawkblue73 said in Philly is a dissapoinment:

@approxinfinity said in Philly is a dissapoinment:

Agee, Simmons is one reason they have struggled in the playoffs , he has no outside consistent shot - - ugly shot , gets most of his off drives , rebounds & dunks. Plus he has had his own share of health issues , he got hurt this year again right before the playoffs against Boston not really a good track record himself. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

Simmons has a much better health track record than Embiid does. Before this season Simmons had missed just 4 regular season games the previous two years. Another difference between the injury histories of Simmons and Embiid is that Simmons issues are not chronic, his injuries have been different to different parts of his body. Embiid does have chronic issues with the same injuries to the same body parts that started at KU.

I would be much less concerned with Simmons long term health than I would be with Embiid’s.

• Didn’t embiid break a bone in his hand or a finger this season? Had surgery, wasn’t out to long. I didn’t think he missed as much this yr. His foot problems seem to be under control, huh? I know his back gives him some trouble, but he played a lot of minutes. I didn’t think they were holding his minutes down. I heard somebody say they were moving Him away from the basket to clear out for simmons, giving Him less shots this yr. no?

• @Crimsonorblue22 true embiids injured have been varied and not chronic in one place. Orbital socket, knee, foot, finger… One problem that has been called out is that he falls down too much. Not sure if he’s stopped doing that?

• @Texas-Hawk-10 said in Philly is a dissapoinment:

@jayhawkblue73 said in Philly is a dissapoinment:

Simmons has a much better health track record than Embiid does. Before this season Simmons had missed just 4 regular season games the previous two years. Another difference between the injury histories of Simmons and Embiid is that Simmons issues are not chronic, his injuries have been different to different parts of his body. Embiid does have chronic issues with the same injuries to the same body parts that started at KU.

I would be much less concerned with Simmons long term health than I would be with Embiid’s.

I dunno, all I know is the talk is that Philly wants to hang on to Jo Jo and trade Simmons maybe get a better Scorer , would love to see Booker there BUT that’s not happening

• I’ve always preferred a good Reuben to a Philly

• @nuleafjhawk what about wit wiz?

• @jayhawkblue73 said in Philly is a dissapoinment:

@Texas-Hawk-10 said in Philly is a dissapoinment:

@jayhawkblue73 said in Philly is a dissapoinment:

I dunno, all I know is the talk is that Philly wants to hang on to Jo Jo and trade Simmons maybe get a better Scorer , would love to see Booker there BUT that’s not happening

That might be what they want to do and I get it because Embiid is a higher ceiling player than Simmons, but I believe that would be a mistake. Ben Simmons is a unique talent being a true point forward. LeBron is the only other player that can be considered a point forward right now.

Like I said above, if I was the GM of Philly, I would look to trade Embiid and build around Simmons because I believe Simmons is the more valuable player and much harder player to replace because of his unique skill set. Without Embiid and with some shooters, I could easily see Simmons average a triple double for a season. Even as currently constructed, Simmons is good for 16-8-8 per night so I don’t think it’d be a big stretch to see him average a triple double with the right roster composition around him.

• @approxinfinity I’m in Kansas, bro. I don’t even know what that is!