Mahomes' massive contract.

• @approxinfinity he does support a lot of charities!

• Half a Billion clams for 10 years ! He’d better stay healthy.

Sounds like when the Royals used to give out “lifetime contracts” back in the '80s.

• If he can stay healthy his net worth could mirror MJs. Once this contract is started, I read he will make over $10 a minute during it. With his adidas contract, his commercials for State Farm, Amazon, Head & Shoulders and Hunts that aren’t included in that contract it will be an insane amount of money he piles up. Honestly it makes me not want to watch, I don’t think people should make that kind of money lol.

• @kjayhawks said in Mahomes' massive contract.:

If he can stay healthy his net worth could mirror MJs. Once this contract is started, I read he will make over $10 a minute during it. With his adidas contract, his commercials for State Farm, Amazon, Head & Shoulders and Hunts that aren’t included in that contract it will be an insane amount of money he piles up. Honestly it makes me not want to watch, I don’t think people should make that kind of money lol.

MJ is currently worth about $2.1 billion. That vast majority of that comes from something Mahomes doesn’t have and likely will never have and that’s his own brand. The Jordan brand is where the vast majority of MJ’s worth comes from.

The reality is Mahomes deal is really only worth $140 million because of the guarantees. It only gets to the $503 million mark if Mahomes plays out the next 12 years to fulfill that contract. And that’s all before taxes. Take about 40% away and it’s a deal that really worth about $300 if Mahomes plays it out with a guarantee of about $85 million. Even throwing in his endorsements, by the time this contract is up, if Mahomes maxes out and gets everything, would only be about 15% of MJ’s worth.

Since Mahomes probably isn’t going get his own apparel brand like MJ, the only way Mahomes is getting into MJ’s neighborhood is investing his money and doing what Shaq and other athletes frequently do and become a franchisee for certain chains. Since one of Mahomes favorite restaurants is Whataburger and they just announced last week they are expanding into KC, I would be shocked if Mahomes doesn’t become a spokesman for them and probably invest in several franchises around the KC area.

• Heard on the radio this morning - - - that it breaks down to 400 dollars a minute - -400 dollars a fricken minute is what they were says on sports Nation

• And yet this super stud is only ONE HIT away from career ending injury. - -It can happen , that would suck

• @Texas-Hawk-10 right I’m just saying it could be possible at some point, stuff just has to fall right

• @kjayhawks said in Mahomes' massive contract.:

If he can stay healthy his net worth could mirror MJs. Once this contract is started, I read he will make over $10 a minute during it. With his adidas contract, his commercials for State Farm, Amazon, Head & Shoulders and Hunts that aren’t included in that contract it will be an insane amount of money he piles up. Honestly it makes me not want to watch, I don’t think people should make that kind of money lol.

Just think how much money the people paying that contract must be making in order to offer such a deal.