Not very encourging thing to hear for College Football

• . Was listening to our local sports show here in Topeka . They were saying that there was a survey taken about Are we going to have a full football season or not.

Surprisingly they put out the question to 130 random AD’S and got a pretty surprising 112 that actually took part.

The result ? - -just over 50 % of the AD’S that were polled said that we could very easily lose AN ENTIRE College Season of football because of this Season. A few of the responses were: We better have a Season , another said if we don’t have a Season were screwed , another said if we don’t have a Season there are going to be ALOT of programs in serious trouble.

They gave the amount of Revenue amount that College football produces for Colleges. The amount is NOT EVEN close un-believable difference between football and the next closest which is Basketball.

This is why they are trying to come up with some kind of format - even if it’s a partial season , some crazy stuff. Another example of like I just posted in another thread. -There is another example of there are other People that think this virus is FAR from over, thinking it’s gonna drag out , these AD’S sounding like they feel that this is going to go on for some time to effect the Season. We can’t afford for this to happen for sure.

• I really don’t feel the least bit sorry for colleges. The athletic budgets are bloated beyond being responsible. Now the guy living paycheck to paycheck? Yikes, he’s in trouble. The door to door salesman? Ouch. Waitresses - not so great.

• @dylans said in Not very encourging thing to hear for College Football:

I really don’t feel the least bit sorry for colleges. The athletic budgets are bloated beyond being responsible. Now the guy living paycheck to paycheck? Yikes, he’s in trouble. The door to door salesman? Ouch. Waitresses - not so great.

It’s not an issue for major conference programs because of their media contracts. Small conference schools are going to struggle with this because they don’t generate profit in any sport and generally operate on the red. Fundraising is also going to be difficult for those schools because of the number of people getting laid off and furloughed right now and can’t afford to give extra to help out when the school’s need that extra help.

• @Texas-Hawk-10 millionaires crying poverty rings hollow. It’s different for the salt of the earth who could actually miss meals, not just have to cut the caviar out.

0 millionaires crying poverty rings hollow.

It’s like these airline companies whining when if they didn’t do shady bullshit to inflate their stock and actually kept some capital on hand they would be able to get through this just fine.

@Texas-Hawk-10 millionaires crying poverty rings hollow. It’s different for the salt of the earth who could actually miss meals, not just have to cut the caviar out.

The folks that will get furloughed will be your low level staff who runs the social media, sells tickets, and gets student athletes enrolled and helps them keep up academically. Some friends of mine work at a G5 and furloughs will likely happen if football gets delayed. It’s been a brutal go for athletics employees since sports were canceled. Not as bad as in the service and hospitality industry but still brutal.

• @FarmerJayhawk I haven’t seen, has the state’s top paid employee donated any cashola?

@FarmerJayhawk I haven’t seen, has the state’s top paid employee donated any cashola?

Honestly wouldn’t surprise me if he did and just didn’t announce it. I know of one school that laid off their radio crew. For most AD’s this is going to get a lot worse before it gets better.