Houston Astricks biggest cheaters ever!

• https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/28732180/why-mlb-players-speaking-sign-stealing-else-ever

When will Manfried get canned so they can hire a commissioner with a backbone? The entire Astros roster should be permanently banned from baseball. Not happening, so I’m hoping for the over on the 89 beaned batters Vegas figures. Hell If I was managing against them I’d start a position player at pitcher and have him throw at batters until he gets tossed. They ruined careers, time to self police and return the favor. And hopefully then move on.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/28726243/disciplining-astros-not-easy-mlb-altuve-revealing-tattoo

Drawing the Kings ire

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28731746/lebron-james-calls-rob-manfred-handling-astros-scandal-fix-sake-sports

• @dylans Almost comical that Dusty Baker whining wanting MLB protection for the players. - -it’s gonna be really testy for awhile if I’m a hitter on the Astro Roster

• I disagree mostly with this thread. I think the whiners here are Everyone and their grandmother complaining about getting cheated. Sign stealing has been around since the beginning of baseball. The tech has improved. But MLB sticks its head in the sand and acts as if we are living in the early 20th century. Same kind of deal with steroids, but more ridiculous. You can steal signs but Only with the naked eye and some coded signal from second. How about we just introduce a means of conveying signs from catcher to pitcher without the use of flashing fingers in the groin region?

Secondly, I love Dusty and don’t think he deserves criticism here. It’s his job to moderate a bad stretch between the cheaters and the overgrown babies. He didn’t do it. He’s just the fixer.

• Dusty chose a bad situation to be in. Either nobel or dumb depending on how he handles it.

Player driven scheme and players get no punishment = bad commish

Astros rocking Yu Darvish ruined his career = ? No punishment.

Altuve MVP? Or should Judge have that distinction?

Dodgers World Series champs or chumps?

Ehh feed the Astros to the wolves.

• @approxinfinity said in Astros biggest cheaters ever!:

I disagree mostly with this thread. I think the whiners here are Everyone and their grandmother complaining about getting cheated. Sign stealing has been around since the beginning of baseball. The tech has improved. But MLB sticks its head in the sand and acts as if we are living in the early 20th century. Same kind of deal with steroids, but more ridiculous. You can steal signs but Only with the naked eye and some coded signal from second. How about we just introduce a means of conveying signs from catcher to pitcher without the use of flashing fingers in the groin region?

Secondly, I love Dusty and don’t think he deserves criticism here. It’s his job to moderate a bad stretch between the cheaters and the overgrown babies. He didn’t do it. He’s just the fixer.

Welp good luck with that , going to be a very dangerous couple of months for Astro hitters, no way in hell would I want to be in their line up. - -all ready LOTS of talk - -you reallypissed some people off.

Just because it’s been going on forever - and that makes it right? - -your cheating the game. - -like it says do the crime - - - do the time

• @dylans said in Astros biggest cheaters ever!:

Dusty chose a bad situation to be in. Either nobel or dumb depending on how he handles it.

Player driven scheme and players get no punishment = bad commish

Astros rocking Yu Darvish ruined his career = ? No punishment.

Altuve MVP? Or should Judge have that distinction?

Dodgers World Series champs or chumps?

Ehh feed the Astros to the wolves.

I got the cleaver to CHOP EM UP lol

• Have to laugh and YA he is probably right. - -Stanton says - -Hell I’d hit 80 home runs if I knew the pitch that was coming - - -lol - - TOUCHE

• I heard they’re making a sequel to the classic baseball movie “Bang the drum slowly”

• Covid-19 likely saves the astricks management from a missing any games. Lol baseball is a joke. Systemic cheating promoted from within the organization and no punishment for the players. Sick sad world we live in.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/28985240/aj-hinch-jeff-luhnow-suspensions-fulfilled-2020-even-season-canceled

Great representation of the modern jerk - win at all costs, deny responsibility for their actions, ignore the damage done to others, claim to be better than everyone…while cheating. Makes for a great heal - it’s awesome when the bad guys are so easy to identify, makes cheering for a sport you don’t care for possible, just root against the a-holes.

• @dylans Think more broadly…This sets a wonderful precedent for arguing that any suspensions we might get should start retroactively to the loss of 9 games this year!

• @mayjay There you go. Accept whatever punishment is coming in the soon to be cancelled 2021 season.

• @dylans you don’t look well!