Dajuan Harris (red-shirt PG)

• Self with some good stuff to say about Harris yesterday in his presser. Really looking forward to the 1-2 combo of Garrett/Harris at PG

Self on Dajuan Harris (redshirting): He’s been good. He’s a good player. If he was eligible he would be playing a lot and helping us.

Self adds Harris is probably further along than KU would have thought at this point.

• @BeddieKU23 Part of the reason I believe we could be better next season. Harris has been here working along with Mitch all season. Throw in a healthy offseason for Wilson, Tristan and Braun where they can add some muscle. Then you throw in Thompson who looks like a stud, with do everything Marcus Garrett, hopefully a more consistent Ochai and David. I like that team a great deal and that’s before mention any of our other recruits or Silvio getting rid of the dark cloud over him. Dotson and Doke will be hard to replace, no question on that. But I sometimes think that 2 man game is all we have and when it’s not going well we are just in survival mode IMO. Dots speed will be hard to replace, he can get a piece of the lane anytime but he’s a below average shooter. Doke is great inside 5 feet but ineffective otherwise, Dave is plenty capable of not only hitting a few 15 footers from time to time but shoots considerably better from the line. I don’t know if he can match Dokes shooting percentage but he’s a pretty big guy himself and isn’t easy to move outta the lane. Moss is a good teammate and we need his shooting for sure but he is the easiest guy to replace IMO.

• @kjayhawks

The 4 guard lineup should be a staple next season. Impressive guard talent if all return

• Just Curious , was Harris a red shirt partially because of grade issues or was it that figures just wouldn’t see any playing time this season? Just curious , thought I had heard that there might be a player that was having some difficulties with academic.

• @jayballer73 said in Dajuan Harris (red-shirt PG):

Just Curious , was Harris a red shirt partially because of grade issues or was it that figures just wouldn’t see any playing time this season? Just curious , thought I had heard that there might be a player that was having some difficulties with academic.

Grades. Self said he would be playing if he was able to go

• @BeddieKU23 said in Dajuan Harris (red-shirt PG):

@jayballer73 said in Dajuan Harris (red-shirt PG):

Just Curious , was Harris a red shirt partially because of grade issues or was it that figures just wouldn’t see any playing time this season? Just curious , thought I had heard that there might be a player that was having some difficulties with academic.

Grades. Self said he would be playing if he was able to go

Ahh ok , Thank you. I thought that’s what it might be just wasn’t sure. Thought I had heard that some where. - Only concern with that is hope he is able to maintain grades NEXT year so we don’t lose him. - Don’t they hook them up with tutors to help them with their studies or something like that ? - - Again just asking cause I really don’t know. - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @jayballer73

I think it is more like the Ben Mac and Jamari situation. He had to finish some stuff up and get things in order. Harris was originally a 20 guy and reclassified and we took the gamble getting him in a yr early. It sounds like a really really good decision they made here banking on his future while having a guy that will know the system going into next yr

• It’s about his HS grades which made him a partial qualifier. His grades at KU will be fine, we kept Darrell Arthur eligible lmao.

Not even insinuating that Harris is dumb like @BeddieKU23 said KU wanted him in Lawrence a year early vs keeping him in HS. This way he gets coaching from KU for a year and a better s&c program.

• @BShark said in Dajuan Harris (red-shirt PG):

It’s about his HS grades which made him a partial qualifier. His grades at KU will be fine, we kept Darrell Arthur eligible lmao.

Not even insinuating that Harris is dumb like @BeddieKU23 said KU wanted him in Lawrence a year early vs keeping him in HS. This way he gets coaching from KU for a year and a better s&c program.

Also kept other programs away when he blew up at peach jam. Strategic move, they knew what they were getting if they pulled it off. Almost like the staff can recruit?

• “I have two more years left,” DaJuan Harris Jr.

• @dylans

at the same school no less. a dying breed

• @dylans said in Dajuan Harris (red-shirt PG):

“I have two more years left,” DaJuan Harris Jr.

YES SIR - -& he talking like he using both

• He can get a Masters and a PhD! What is his major?