Khalil Herbert to transfer to Virginia Tech

• Buh-Bye

• We wouldn’t have beat bc w/out him. Wonder what happened?

• Hope he has a good season - -want what he feels like is best for him. - -Hold no grudges . - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• You only get to play college football one time. If the situation isn’t right for a player, I have no issues with them going somewhere they think they may be more valued.

• Wish he could’ve left in a way that didn’t leave his teammates high and dry mid season.

• dylans said:

Wish he could’ve left in a way that didn’t leave his teammates high and dry mid season.

I wish we knew more. Rumors are that there is a lot more to the story than he just quit.

• I don’t think anyone has a problem with him transferring , but more so how he went about it. There is zero doubt he quit on his teammates and as a SR captain that is a awful look for anyone and their character.

Also, in his IG post about committing to VT he said he did “his bid” when referring to KU. Just seems like a cheap shot when it wasn’t needed. Hard to give anyone the benefit of the doubt with BS like that.

• Kcmatt7 said:

You only get to play college football one time. If the situation isn’t right for a player, I have no issues with them going somewhere they think they may be more valued.

What makes you think he wasn’t valued at KU? (Just curious). I was under the impression his sudden redshirt wasn’t even discussed with the coaching staff beforehand. I could see him thinking the grass is greener elsewhere, but he was getting on the field and fed the ball.

• dylans said:

Kcmatt7 said:

You only get to play college football one time. If the situation isn’t right for a player, I have no issues with them going somewhere they think they may be more valued.

What makes you think he wasn’t valued at KU? (Just curious). I was under the impression his sudden redshirt wasn’t even discussed with the coaching staff beforehand. I could see him thinking the grass is greener elsewhere, but he was getting on the field and fed the ball.

Pooka was getting 3 plays to his every 1.

I’m not saying that is the right or wrong decision from the coaches. Pooka is a stud.

But I can see how Herbert would want to go somewhere he saw the field at least 50/50 or more.

• @Kcmatt7 👌 So VT’s running backs are bad? And he thinks he’ll get playing time there he couldn’t get here. Got it. I’m glad he’s gone if that’s the case. Sounds like he’s got a losers limp. If there’s more to it I’d like to know (but it may be too personal to divulge) so for now he’s just a quitter…and I don’t really blame him KU football is a joke. It’d take a real man to bear the burden of being a KU football player.

• @dylans Hopefully in the years to come, one will be able to quit easily as we will not be a laughingstock any more. ??

• No ill will toward Khalil. Wires got crossed and there’s some fault in communication from both sides. Hope he does just ok at Va Tech

• dylans said:

@Kcmatt7 👌 So VT’s running backs are bad? And he thinks he’ll get playing time there he couldn’t get here. Got it. I’m glad he’s gone if that’s the case. Sounds like he’s got a losers limp. If there’s more to it I’d like to know (but it may be too personal to divulge) so for now he’s just a quitter…and I don’t really blame him KU football is a joke. It’d take a real man to bear the burden of being a KU football player.

I didn’t say VTs RBs are bad.

But don’t be shocked if you see Herbert be a 100+ YPG guy for them next season…

I just don’t get mad at players for leaving. They have 4-5 years to do what is in their own best interest. They don’t owe anyone anything.

• @Kcmatt7 VT has 11 RB’s on their roster and the leading rusher averaged 60 YPG. There is zero chance Herbert gets 100 YPG. If he thought the RB by committee at KU was bad he is in for a rude awakening.

• Woodrow said:

@Kcmatt7 VT has 11 RB’s on their roster and the leading rusher averaged 60 YPG. There is zero chance Herbert gets 100 YPG. If he thought the RB by committee at KU was bad he is in for a rude awakening.

I don’t feel that’s an accurate look at how carries were distributed for them, at all, but I also don’t care to get into a semantic argument with you about it.