2021 Recruiting

• @BeddieKU23 said in 2021 Recruiting:

@BShark said in 2021 Recruiting:

@BeddieKU23 said in 2021 Recruiting:

Daron Holmes will cut his list to 4 soon. KU target, parents went to KU

Seems like Arizona or KU. He thinks he is a guard.

Oh boy. We usually lose that battle

I’m thinking Zona.

Kyrell Luc committed to Holy Cross. Never anyone KU was involved with but I think he is a real baller and I wouldn’t be surprised if he eventually transferred up.

• Don’t know if been mentioned, But Davidson name his six: - -KU , Alabama , Auburn , Memphis , LSU , & Michigan announcing Oct 31st - - for what that’s worth. - - probably ends up at Alabama right ?

• @jayballer67 said in 2021 Recruiting:

Don’t know if been mentioned, But Davidson name his six: - -KU , Alabama , Auburn , Memphis , LSU , & Michigan announcing Oct 31st - - for what that’s worth. - - probably ends up at Alabama right ?

Likely auburn

• Well see where we made Trey Alexanders top 7. Won’t be easy it said to get him , with Oklahoma being his home town school. Like the article says he has 3 CB’s all for Oklahoma BUT those picks like it says were made back in July - -a lot of things can change in that amount of time.

Alexander was stated saying that KU was a top choice for him - -# 62 in the Nation according to 247 , 4 * SG has no problem draining the 3 - -pull up and hit J on the break - time will tell this comes from the Spun

Other Schools in his final 7 are Oklahoma , Grambling State , Arkansas , Georgia , Auburn , & Ol Miss. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• Neither Davison or Alexander is coming IMO.

• Word is Oklahoma quit recruiting him. Okie State too but he really would prefer OU thus leaving them on the list.

@FarmerJayhawk I would be stunned by either. Davison stays in the South or does g league.

• @BShark said in 2021 Recruiting:

Word is Oklahoma quit recruiting him. Okie State too but he really would prefer OU thus leaving them on the list.

@FarmerJayhawk I would be stunned by either. Davison stays in the South or does g league.

Ya I agree with you on Davison I think really the chances aren’t that great he goes College things I’ve heard - - - I’ll take the wait and see approach on Alexander. - - Not saying he will but not saying he won’t either , even that much more if indeed Oklahoma backed off of him

• @BShark Why would OU quit recruiting him?

• I don’t know but it sounds like KU isn’t very interested either and Arky is the favorite.

• JD Davison done to Bama.

JD Davison done to Bama.

Surprise lol

JD Davison done to Bama.

as usual these types of kids don’t care about winning or college

• @FarmerJayhawk said in 2021 Recruiting:

Of note. https://twitter.com/andrew__slater/status/1311806975085248512?s=21

Everything is pointing to Memphis For him

• @JAYHAWKFAN214 said in 2021 Recruiting:

@FarmerJayhawk said in 2021 Recruiting:

Of note. https://twitter.com/andrew__slater/status/1311806975085248512?s=21

Everything is pointing to Memphis For him

he is going to Memphis , would be very surprised if not for sure

• UA and Nike are having a good, old fashioned auction. Davison delayed his announcement (presumably US trying to protect their house, so to speak) and now it’s back on and looking like Roll Tide

• You’ve got to love how oblivious the NCAA is to UA and Nike lol

@BShark said in 2021 Recruiting:

JD Davison done to Bama.

as usual these types of kids don’t care about winning or college

apparently they care about playing for a program that’s not going to be under probation.

• Ya, you can’t tell me that this whole NCAA probe isn’t really making our recruiting suck. - -A lot of these players shying away for sure because of this , Cause you can’t tell me that a lot of these schools that we are getting beat out on is on the same level with us if it weren’t for this NCAA thing.

Now if that’s not the problem then that means our Coach’s are getting out worked , out recruited - -and if that’s is the case - -then we need to freshen up our Coach’s - - out with the old - - in with the New. Some of these asst’s need to go if that’s is what the problem is. - - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• Kendall Brown is the only recruit this cycle I would say KU really lost to the situation and he was immediately replaced. It does suck but I don’t think it changed/changes anything with JD Davison, Hunter Sallis (Kentucky btw), Nolan Hickman etc… Never really have been able to go up against UK much in recruiting and win. Then even when it does happen it tends to backfire on KU, it’s really remarkable tbh.

Kendall Brown is the only recruit this cycle I would say KU really lost to the situation and he was immediately replaced. It does suck but I don’t think it changed/changes anything with JD Davison, Hunter Sallis (Kentucky btw), Nolan Hickman etc… Never really have been able to go up against UK much in recruiting and win. Then even when it does happen it tends to backfire on KU, it’s really remarkable tbh.

Yes Brown was the only recruiter that KU lost in this cycle The ever recruiters that had Kansas on their list Was never really coming to Kansas

• So if that’s truly the case that these recruits were never really going to come to KU ., and were thinking that this NCAA hasn’t had that big of influence on recruiting and these guys were never really coming to KU. I don’t go with that , the recruits like on 247 & Rivals they list their top 5 choices , that’s the recruit doing that NOT anyone else , that is the recruit themselves listing the schools they are most interested in.

It’s up to the School the one who is in charge of recruiting them to Sell the program - -the School If you telling me that Memphis and some of these others are on the level as KU in Basketball - -I just can’t buy that , thats just solidifies the point that I say that if that’s truly the case then some or all of our assistant coach’s aren’t getting the job done - they are not closing out on these kids.

Anyone that knows anything can’t honestly say with 100% confidence that Memphis and some of these other lesser knowns are on the same blue blood level or have had the type of success and developing players and getting them into the NBA as Ku has - not happening , no way is that true

When you have a School such as Ku and the tradition , the fans the program , a hall of fame College Coach the 2nd winningest program in the history of College Basketball , the National exposure they get when playing at KU on National TV - -just doesn’t add up. , Playing for a program that has been in the top 25 for how many consecitive weeks? - -you trying to tell me these kids don’t look at things like that? - Players who want to play against top competition - -that’s all right here. Sure the Duke’s - -The UK - -i get that who can match them on a constant basis ? – really no one , but other then that - your not selling me that other programs can offer a recruit better.

Which takes me back to this , IF the NCAA probe and possible sanctions aren’t playing a major role against us then - we have asst’s that are getting out worked in selling the program - -and if that’s the case then we need to get NEW blood in here someone that is really ready to bust their ass and get us back on a better track. We are losing out on WAY to many recruits at the present , not getting alot of looks from top elite or should say may top elite. Now we are even starting to struggle in losing battels in recruiting to some players in the 40,50,60 tier that’s NOT KU BASKETBALL ,hope they can get this fixed , tirred of seeing getting beat in recruiting, but to say these kids wern’t really ever going to come to KU or consider KU - -I call BS - again if that’s the case - -then time for change with some asst’s. – ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• Kentucky will always out recruit KU with Cal and Nike. It’s just how it is. They wanted Nolan Hickman so they took him. It sucks. They will get Hunter Sallis as well.

@jayballer67 said in 2021 Recruiting:

When you have a School such as Ku and the tradition , the fans the program , a hall of fame College Coach the 2nd winningest program in the history of College Basketball , the National exposure they get when playing at KU on National TV - -just doesn’t add up. , Playing for a program that has been in the top 25 for how many consecitive weeks? - -you trying to tell me these kids don’t look at things like that? - Players who want to play against top competition - -that’s all right here. Sure the Duke’s - -The UK - -i get that who can match them on a constant basis ? – really no one , but other then that - your not selling me that other programs can offer a recruit better.

Only money matters.

Kentucky will always out recruit KU with Cal and Nike. It’s just how it is. They wanted Nolan Hickman so they took him. It sucks. They will get Hunter Sallis as well.

@jayballer67 said in 2021 Recruiting:

Only money matters.

As I said I get that. I fully understand that’s just not going to happen , BUT I’m not talking Kentucky - We are losing recruiting battles to lesser knowns not on our level - -I’m talking most recently now Memhis , Baylor, - -these guys should not be whipping our ass in recruitng wars

• Who did we lose to Memphis? We already have two bigs signed and a developmental center on the roster in Muscadin so it’s hard to consider Ayomide a miss. He is not an impact player and might not even play much at Memphis next year, but I don’t know their roster that well.

Who did we lose to Memphis? We already have two bigs signed and a developmental center on the roster in Muscadin so it’s hard to consider Ayomide a miss. He is not an impact player and might not even play much at Memphis next year, but I don’t know their roster that well.

We are about ready to lose Ayomide to Memphis. Not buying that we were not trying to get him here, IF that was the case we would not be calling him on a virtual contact this late in his recruitment. - He is rising playing in the rankings quite a few talking how he is really coming up , your not telling me they were not interested in him.

It’s more then just him though - we are missing on a lot of targets Sallis, yippee yep it’s Kentucky. - - Brown to Baylor ? - - come on man you know and I know Baylor in no way shape or form is on KU level unless you talking about the last 3-4 years possibly. - All I’ve ever heard on here is about what a terrible Coach Drew is - - Really ? - -So now we are getting beat out for high ranked players by a Tertible Coach ? - -what’s wrong with that picture ? - Getting tired of seeing these misses - -how about hits ? Whether you wanna admit or not these asst’s are getting out worked.

I don’t know how many times I’ve seen here or on TOS how people looking wanting to get rid of asst’s currently on staff - yet when I mention the seem thing I’m wrong - -hmmmm , again what’s wrong with that picture ? - Come on Man I know your not that thick - - -plain and simple we are getting beat out people not closing out gets kinda old - -now we are getting beat out for kids that are ranked 138 th in the Nation by a terrible Coach - -WOW - -ere are others within the last couple of years that’s happened with.

Seen - - Heard - - Read where players are ours to lose if we want them , see us recruiting them and then BAM. -Can’t really remember names right now but you know - -I know - -we BOTH know we have missed on quite a few , Hell I’ve even seen you mention how we scraping the bottom and not knowing who might be left out there after we had yet ANOTHER miss , so people wanna say after they go somewhee else – OH we wasn’t really interested or wasn’t really recruiting them that hard - - Na that’s not working anymore

• Eric Bossi joined 247. Seemed inevitable after guys left

Eric Bossi joined 247. Seemed inevitable after guys left

Eric bossi will do a good job

• Update on the 2021 cycle.

9 of the top 20 remain uncommitted. I didn’t include Michael Foster who’ll very likely go pro.

10 remain open from #21-50

6 remain open from #51-100

6 remain open from #101-125 (#125 being the last 4 start ranked).

Hunter Salis remains the top ranked prospect that KU was/is still recruiting. However there’s no expectation he ends up at KU.

Daron Holmes at #39 I guess would be next. No idea if the staff is active with Mac Etienne #44 or Trey Alexander #62

#138 Sam Ayomide looks set for Memphis.

Roster is young, I think Self can afford to hit the transfer market hard in the spring for something he may need. It seems unlikely this cycle is going to be anything great.

• Made Daimion Collins’s final 5: KU, UK, OU, Texas, Tech. Looks like OU.

• @FarmerJayhawk

We window dress a lot. Guess there could be worse things

• @BShark @jayballer67 money matters at Memphis too.

Update on the 2021 cycle.

9 of the top 20 remain uncommitted. I didn’t include Michael Foster who’ll very likely go pro.

10 remain open from #21-50

6 remain open from #51-100

6 remain open from #101-125 (#125 being the last 4 start ranked).

Hunter Salis remains the top ranked prospect that KU was/is still recruiting. However there’s no expectation he ends up at KU.

Daron Holmes at #39 I guess would be next. No idea if the staff is active with Mac Etienne #44 or Trey Alexander #62

#138 Sam Ayomide looks set for Memphis.

Roster is young, I think Self can afford to hit the transfer market hard in the spring for something he may need. It seems unlikely this cycle is going to be anything great.

Might only need a grad transfer guard, we will see.

Imo KU isn’t adding anyone mentioned here. Sallis to UK, Holmes to well not KU, not really after Alexander and yeah Ayomide to Memphis but we have enough project big guys already.

Langston Wilson will meet with Kansas staff by zoom at 1:30 ET TODAY

Roll tide roll

• UA getting their revenge by delivering top 5 Jabari Smith to squeaky clean Bruce Pearl

• If you look at how SEC teams like LSU, Georgia, Auburn, Arkansas & Alabama have been able to recruit the past 3-4 years you will soon realize recruiting is still dirty

If you look at how SEC teams like LSU, Georgia, Auburn, Arkansas & Alabama have been able to recruit the past 3-4 years you will soon realize recruiting is still dirty

Very much not complicated.

This is why recruiting didn’t change much for LSU despite their allegations. Still believe KU is mostly unaffected. Some kids do care but not many. The main thing is HC stability. Look at Louisville and Arizona. One bad recruiting year then when things were stabilized, boom it picks back up.

I do think it’s likely Kendall Brown and KJ Adams flip flopped due to the situation. This might even end up working out for KU. With Nolan Hickman, Kentucky decided they wanted him. Do we really think the situation at KU matters for that? It SUCKS but I don’t think so.

• 5 star Bryce McGowens decommits from FSU. Now that’s something you don’t see often

• Basically never happens in basketball wow.

5 star Bryce McGowens decommits from FSU. Now that’s something you don’t see often

KU will be involved here. They like him a lot.

• @FarmerJayhawk said in 2021 Recruiting:

@BeddieKU23 said in 2021 Recruiting:

5 star Bryce McGowens decommits from FSU. Now that’s something you don’t see often

KU will be involved here. They like him a lot.

Hope so. Had a big summer

• Bossi said KU will try to get involved big time and that he is interested in a blue blood. His brother plays at Nebraska and well, Lawrence isn’t all that far from Lincoln.

• Kentucky is involved. So much for that cheap thrill

• Self spoke with McGowens and his dad today. Wing isn’t a huge need but absolutely would take

Kentucky is involved. So much for that cheap thrill

The last time we beat Cal heads up for a stud wing location of family was a factor so uh, fingers crossed?

• @BShark

Believe it when I see it. Have to wait and see what happens in this one

• 2021 @phenomuniverse guard brandin podziemski received an offer from Kansas @kuhoops

• 4-star 2021 center jonas alsoo (@jonasaldoo) has added a offer from Kansas

2021 @phenomuniverse guard brandin podziemski received an offer from Kansas @kuhoops

So did Kentucky unfortunately.

4-star 2021 center jonas alsoo (@jonasaldoo) has added a offer from Kansas

Go get em Bill, seriously this is the guy you get behind Big Dave.

Very good shot blocker and can shoot the 3. Still only 17 and will need to build that body up. Love the film especially the ability to protect the rim. Some real touch on his shot from all over the court.