Quality Coaching

• Find it pretty interesting - - kind of one of those things that make you go hummmmmm/dam.

A player that wasn’t good enough under our previous staff to even play a lot-- - - -start , sure seems to be good enough to be named the Starter this season after playing last season at his new destination- VT.

Ryan Willis which according to this staff had to play 2nd fiddle to BENDER of all people - seems to be doing just fine. - -Amazing what a quality Coach can do with a player.

Ryan has been named the Starter for them this year after posting last year stats of: - Throwing for 2,716 yards - - - 24 td’s - -and 8 int’s - -also ran for 354 yards and 4 td’s - -I would say that is a solid season - something KU would of taken in a heart beat. - -Like some other responders said - -If you put him in the backfield with Miles and Co Coaching could of been able to throw to this group of receivers and open things up more for our running backs

Awfully hard for a kid to get any kind of consistency- - - and rhythm -when your getting play calls like he was from our previous staff, plus only playing a series or every 1-3 series - what kind of BS is that?

rated 3rd in the ACC at 2.67 - -TD/Int ratio - - -4th in passing at 226.3 per - - - -4th in efficiency at - - 138.0 rating - - 5th in total offense at 244.8 - -numbers I think we could for sure live with here -put him with a Coach like Coach miles and we could have our QB - -again - - -DAM - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• Not first time a Kansas transfer played QB for VT either

• approxinfinity said:

Not first time a Kansas transfer played QB for VT either

ya I know - - - just wasted time here - - no Coaching - -solid numbers - -numbers that would of helped here for sure. - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @jayballer73 Yep, agreed.

• Too many QB transfers successful at other football programs. Another KU QB transferred to Boise State and played. I cannot recall the QB name at this time.

• Gorilla said:

Too many QB transfers successful at other football programs. Another KU QB transferred to Boise State and played. I cannot recall the QB name at this time.

Ya I know who your talking about - -but like you my mind is a blank - -dang it - -it hate it when that happens.

• Montell cozart

• Crimsonorblue22 said:

Montell cozart

Ya , that’s him - -that’s the guy - - - Thank you. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• Ryan Willis was easily the best QB on the roster while he was here. The coaching staff was a joke in not seeing it. Cozart wasnt great at Bosie, he wasnt the starter, blew a 20 some odd point lead that the starter built against WSU in a quarter. Throwing the worst INT I have ever seen at any level (seriously search you tube). He played mop up duty against sub par teams to have average stats. My first memory of Cozart showed me who he was, running outta bounds a half yard short of the line to gain to prevent being touched by a DB that was considerably smaller than him. If you are that ungodly scared, go knit by fire while the men play football.

• I was at the Va Tech vs. UNC game last year and watched Willis. UNC’s defense wasn’t great, but he carved it up both through the air and on the ground. UNC gave that game away by fumbling away the TD that would’ve iced the game on the goal line, but Willis still had to drive Va Tech 80 yards down the field. Looked much better than at KU. I think he was pretty immature here. Probably good for him to get away from his folks.

• FarmerJayhawk said:

I was at the Va Tech vs. UNC game last year and watched Willis. UNC’s defense wasn’t great, but he carved it up both through the air and on the ground. UNC gave that game away by fumbling away the TD that would’ve iced the game on the goal line, but Willis still had to drive Va Tech 80 yards down the field. Looked much better than at KU. I think he was pretty immature here. Probably good for him to get away from his folks.

pretty good for him to get away from Beaty

• jayballer73 said:

FarmerJayhawk said:

I was at the Va Tech vs. UNC game last year and watched Willis. UNC’s defense wasn’t great, but he carved it up both through the air and on the ground. UNC gave that game away by fumbling away the TD that would’ve iced the game on the goal line, but Willis still had to drive Va Tech 80 yards down the field. Looked much better than at KU. I think he was pretty immature here. Probably good for him to get away from his folks.

Evergreen post!

• @jayballer73 I’ve always thought KU fans were too tough on Peyton Bender. I wish he had one more year of eligibility left given our QB options this year.

Bender passed for 1899 yds on 183/321 attempts; 57%. QBR 118.2. 13 TDs/3 INTs all while being sacked 23 times. I very much respect Bender’s play last year. RC

• FarmerJayhawk said:

jayballer73 said:

FarmerJayhawk said:

Evergreen post!

I love Evergreens - -lol- - --ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• stoptheflop said:

@jayballer73 I’ve always thought KU fans were too tough on Peyton Bender. I wish he had one more year of eligibility left given our QB options this year.

Bender passed for 1899 yds on 183/321 attempts; 57%. QBR 118.2. 13 TDs/3 INTs all while being sacked 23 times. I very much respect Bender’s play last year. RC

I have no problem with how you feel about Bender - -just not me.

Really not as much about Bender as about Beaty’s management of players. - mis use. - -I mean the two QB’S was kind of comparable but if you really wanted to break it down Willis was better in every one

Willis - -58.5 comp % - -Bender- - 57 comp % - - Willis- - 67 longest comp - - - Bender - - 65 longest comp- - Willis- - 7.5- - avg per att- - Bender 5.?- - avg per att- - Willis- - 24 TD’S/8 Int’s- - Bender- - 13TD’S/3 Int’s - - Willis- - 354 yards rushing- - Bender- - 156 yards rushing- - Willis- -4 rushing TD’S- - Bender- -0 rushing TD’S - - -Willis - - 2716 yards passing- - Bender- - 1,894- - yards passing But you are right on one thing - - Bender- - sacked 23 times - - and Willis- - 22 times - -that’s one less sack

Bender was not my choice but have no problem really with that again more all about coaching - -pretty much ran Willis off - -you CAN’T just keep shuffling QB’S and expect any kind of consistency - -hard to find any rhythm when your doing that every other series - -or even in THE SAME series - not only hard for the QB’S but even had on the rest of the team - - each QB has their style of play - -tendency’s - - pattern -other players trying to adjust every other series or whatever - just throws things out of whack. - -Just Glad we have what seems to be a lot better Coaching - time will tell I reckon. – ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @jayballer73 I always thought Ryan Willis was going to be a good QB for us. I didn’t really respond to your original post about Willis because I try to keep my posts short. I thought Willis was going to lead us back to respectability. I’m glad he is doing well.

• Coaching but also an offensive line… no QB can succeed here in a piss poor scheme and a terrible line.