Mitch

• @BShark Great minds think alike…I’m not saying JW couldn’t develop into a good defender on the perimeter, but he’s a long way off at this point.

• KUSTEVE said:

@Texas-Hawk-10 Everyone is automatically assuming Jalen can guard the 3, and i’m not so sure he can.

This is how I feel. I think he gets 7-10 MPG to come in and be a spark offensively. Very much what BG was during his time here.

• @Kcmatt7 10 or so minutes and all at the 4.

• @KUSTEVE When or where did I say Jalen was a 3? He might get spot minutes there this season because of fouls, but 90%+ of his minutes this year will be at the 4. Jalen Wilson will be the biggest defensive liability on the team next season.

Wilson is the guy I can see the Charlie Moore/KJ Lawson discussion happening with in regards to why is he playing if he isn’t making shots.

• @Texas-Hawk-10 You didn’t say that. I didn’t say that you had. I was agreeing with you. I forget how sensitive you are. I should’ve said practically everyone except you and I believe that JW will have problems guarding the 3.

• KUSTEVE said:

@Marco Redshirt Garrett? Are you afraid we’re not going to give up enough points?

dammit man - -you ridin that horse to death - -giddy up lmao beat that up

• @KUSTEVE I’ll add to your group there. I don’t see Jalen as a 3 yet. I need to see it play out. We have four terrific perimeter players in Dotson, Moss, Agbaji and Garrett. there are 120 minutes per game there. The math is easy. A fifth guy could get some time. My view is that McBride for appx. 10 is most likely if he’s not overwhelmed. But I don’t know.

But if Self is flexible with his offense, and Wilson is a 4, we could be 4/1 like last season when he’s at the 4 and it’s much the same difference. I’m just not convinced the kid will be a significant minutes guy yet.

Did I mention how much I love this roster? And the competition? Maybe my favorite so far – though 2012’s tight rotation, KY sealing the deal, TT playing great, EJ, Releford, Withey, TRob, and a little Teahan as needed (right Purdue), will be hard to beat.

• Texas Hawk 10 said:

@KUSTEVE When or where did I say Jalen was a 3? He might get spot minutes there this season because of fouls, but 90%+ of his minutes this year will be at the 4. Jalen Wilson will be the biggest defensive liability on the team next season.

Wilson is the guy I can see the Charlie Moore/KJ Lawson discussion happening with in regards to why is he playing if he isn’t making shots.

I think and have been talking with other people - -I think your gonna see Silvio playing more 4 then Wilson - with Doke and McCormack manning the 5 - -and Silvio ONLY at the 5 IF Doke and Dave are both in foul trouble

• @KUSTEVE That was a misunderstanding on my end. Wilson compares pretty closely to Brannen Greene as others have said. Difference being Wilson has an inch or 2 on Greene and isn’t stuck as perimeter guy.

• @KUSTEVE I’m high on this team, man. Think we’ll be bigtime, but (if I have any concerns) it won’t be on the defensive side of the ball.

• @Marco I’m of the opinion that Wilson will play the most minutes of any freshman on the team and that he could spend a lot of time at the 4. And I think it makes sense to have Garrett come of the bench and spend a lot of his time playing with a stretch 4 rather than with De Sousa who is going to do a lot of his damage at the rim. I’m sure Garrett and De Sousa will have some on-court overlap too. However, I also think it’s a mistake to finalize minute distributions for our freshman players in June. I don’t think it’s impossible that Enaruna or McBride get 10+ minutes next season.

I am pretty sure, however, that junior Marcus Garrett is going to get a lot of minutes either as a starter or coming off of the bench. Garrett played 19 minutes as a freshman and 28 minutes as a sophomore. I think that he’ll be somewhere around his sophomore minutes again this season.

• HighEliteMajor said:

@KUSTEVE I’ll add to your group there. I don’t see Jalen as a 3 yet. I need to see it play out. We have four terrific perimeter players in Dotson, Moss, Agbaji and Garrett. there are 120 minutes per game there. The math is easy. A fifth guy could get some time. My view is that McBride for appx. 10 is most likely if he’s not overwhelmed. But I don’t know.

But if Self is flexible with his offense, and Wilson is a 4, we could be 4/1 like last season when he’s at the 4 and it’s much the same difference. I’m just not convinced the kid will be a significant minutes guy yet.

Did I mention how much I love this roster? And the competition? Maybe my favorite so far – though 2012’s tight rotation, KY sealing the deal, TT playing great, EJ, Releford, Withey, TRob, and a little Teahan as needed (right Purdue), will be hard to beat.

I’m with you man. We had several things fall our way this off-season, (Dok and Dotson staying, Silvio eligible, landing three point shooters) that I didn’t think would happen. Yeah, Michigan State is going to be good and Kentucky and Louisville will be too but who else has our upside and overall talent? I don’t see one. Just like every year, we’ll probably start slow, look a little rough in November and December, folks will be overly critical and say we’re not good, then Self will have 'em rolling come late February early March. Just like he does most years. Definitely potential to only be a three loss team.

• Official now.

• @KirkIsMyHinrich good thoughts about Marcus needing a stretch 4 on the floor. I still wish Mitch would develop a 3 ball.

• I agree with it but man it would stink for him if we get a postseason ban next year.

• think this is a win-win. - Once again just another reason I like Mitch - - team player. - -I do think Mitch realizes that there isn’t nay future pro wise for him BUT

With him red shirting actually helps him college wise for sure, redshirt this season - - more minutes next season - you know/ I know / Mitch knows more minutes - -and helps the team how? - -Mitch knows his experience/leadership will mean more NEXT season - - Doke gone - -who knows about Silvio - -so he is doing what he thinks the team needs also. - -win-win - -this guy is just a complete team player - - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @kjayhawks KU will appeal any punishment like that I bet.

Enaruna is our best 4 guy.

• @BShark I don’t disagree about whom is better, just hope it works out for him.

• kjayhawks said:

I agree with it but man it would stink for him if we get a postseason ban next year.

Ruling on penalties likely April. We appeal and appeals are usually done in 6 or so mos which would be before the 2021 tourney. Your concern about missing the 2021 tourney is a very real possibility.

In fact, with the current NOA, it seems like a certainly.

• @HighEliteMajor it will be really upsetting because it’s supposed to return to Wichita that year. But the other side of the coin is the NCAA may want to sell that place out again.

• HighEliteMajor said:

kjayhawks said:

I agree with it but man it would stink for him if we get a postseason ban next year.

Ruling on penalties likely April. We appeal and appeals are usually done in 6 or so mos which would be before the 2021 tourney. Your concern about missing the 2021 tourney is a very real possibility.

Also assuming we don’t go to court and a court doesn’t stay the sanctions pending litigation.

• I’ll be the first to say thank you Mitch.

• BShark said:

Enaruna is our best 4 guy.

I mentioned this might be the case a while back and took some heat for it.

• kjayhawks said:

@HighEliteMajor it will be really upsetting because it’s supposed to return to Wichita that year. But the other side of the coin is the NCAA may want to sell that place out again.

Lol…! And you’re probably right.

• FarmerJayhawk said:

HighEliteMajor said:

kjayhawks said:

Also assuming we don’t go to court and a court doesn’t stay the sanctions pending litigation.

KU will take it to court if the corrupt thing tries try to hammer us, and we would win. In all honesty, if it were to go to court, there is so much that can be brought up and so many cans of inadmissable worms to be opened, and while those cans may be inadmissable the court would see them none the less - a lose, lose for the NCAA.