NBA Draft Numbers So Far

• Per Goodman

Here are the numbers I have compiled thus far: - 177 college underclassmen declared for the NBA Draft. - 47 Still undecided with deadline tomorrow. - 77 will stay in the draft - 53 will return to school

Already more than can be drafted staying in. Players realizing they have more value than a scholarship perhaps. The final numbers will be really intriguing.

• Hard reality is even the few guys who make the nba don’t often last very long. It’s hard to hold on to that wealth as a youngster and how many last more than 10 years? (I heard the numbers recently on guys in more than 14 years and it’s not many- don’t recall exactly or I’d quote it)

There is a lot of life left after 29.

• From the way I see it… it’s best to go undrafted than to be at the bottom of the draft. You are free to go anywhere and sometimes undrafted guys make it on teams.

• dylans said:

Hard reality is even the few guys who make the nba don’t often last very long. It’s hard to hold on to that wealth as a youngster and how many last more than 10 years? (I heard the numbers recently on guys in more than 14 years and it’s not many- don’t recall exactly or I’d quote it)

There is a lot of life left after 29.

Thing is, most guys cannot play in the NBA unless they are at their peak, so for most people, that means their NBA window will close at 29 or 30 because of talent anyway. Adding an extra year or two of earnings on the front end of that (going pro at 19 or 20 vs. 22) makes good financial sense.

There is a lot of life after 29. Maximizing earnings now could make life a bit better later on.

• “Coach (Self) said there will be more leadership thrust on Devon just because of the makeup of the team. Coach is preparing him for what’s to come. Coach sincerely feels Devon will get a lot out of it and will position himself better for next year (draft).”

Dana Dotson noted: “Kansas plays on a big stage. Even some of the NBA people told us that. They said, ‘If you are at a different school it might be a different situation. Kansas will play in big games as opposed to you going to the G-League and play in front of 600 people.’ That’s a different deal.