Doke

• justanotherfan said:

This is good news, but it still doesn’t fix the problems KU had this year. And that is completely dependent on Doke staying healthy.

No, but we’re still in it for a lot of terrific fits. Hampton, Tucker, Holyfield, and Precious. Land one big and one small and those problems are much, much better.

• Alright, Silvio’s turn.

• Kcmatt7 said:

Alright, Silvio’s turn.

Appeal’s turn*

• BShark said:

https://twitter.com/KUHoops/status/1120409436634456066

1ST good news we have gotten this off season. - -Now with hope that Dotson comes back - -slowly salvage this dam thing yet. - -If we can get Hampton to re-classify and commit here we be all right

• Kcmatt7 said:

Alright, Silvio’s turn.

I think that he might just get that Appeal - -like you know time served and eligible this coming season - -I know dream - -but hey it’s MY DREAM – let me dream it lmao

• @jayballer73 Nice hype video.

I disagree on “getting Hampton to commit and reclassify”. Theres a whole lot of writing between the lines on that statement.

• approxinfinity said:

@jayballer73 Nice hype video.

I disagree on “getting Hampton to commit and reclassify”. Theres a whole lot of writing between the lines on that statement.

Na - - simple - - re-classify - -commit period lol

• approxinfinity said:

I’d put a nice chunk of change on Hampton being in 2019. KU or Memphis.

• @FarmerJayhawk Agree with this based on what has been said about him and the fact that he is out of TX HS hoops eligibility.

• BShark said:

@FarmerJayhawk Agree with this based on what has been said about him and the fact that he is out of TX HS hoops eligibility.

I will add that prep school is an option if he graduates early. The Anfernee Simons/Thon Maker/Jalen Lecque route.

• FarmerJayhawk said:

approxinfinity said:

I’d put a nice chunk of change on Hampton being in 2019. KU or Memphis.

me too as he said that he was very seriously considering it again

• Hmmm , very interesting statement from Coach Self while talking about Doke returning in a statement this afternoon.

Coach Self stated : - - I’m said he ( Doke ) got hurt BUT happy for our program. - Here is what I think is interesting statement:

Coach Self said " IF things fall the way we think they could potentially fall , then this ( Doke ) is a big piece to Anchor what could be a real fun year next season "

Hmmmmm , to me – this tells me that Coach Self is feeling pretty confident that there very well could some players we are sitting very well with that we don’t know - - OR that we do know that they Staff - - is feeling really good about Maybe I’m reading to much in that statement - -BUT then again Maybe I’m not - -Could be he knows something not being mentioned. - -hope I’m seeing this right - -I think we gonna be ok. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @jayballer73 - I suppose Self could be in reference to Grimes and SDS potentially coming back?

• Silvio definitely. Grimes definitely not barring a Vick-esque change of heart. Better to focus on Hampton and Tucker.

• Silvio has stated he will come back if he wins the appeal. I believe him.

• Gorilla72 said:

@jayballer73 - I suppose Self could be in reference to Grimes and SDS potentially coming back?

I don’t know - -if it’s Silvio for him to make a statement of this , would be like saying they are REALLY confident that Silvio’s appeal will win out - just not sure. - Could be about Holiday - -OR Tucker - OR Hampton also. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• We will better next year, line up of Dot (If he returns, which I’d bet heavily on), Garrett, Ocahi, David and Doke, with Mitch, Braun and McBride off the bench. That’s if we dont sign anyone else.

• Still have to fine another big like no matter what

• Thank you, Doke.

I’d bet we’ll add a few more pieces before the season starts, but even if we don’t our team should be decent. Tucker and Blackshear or maybe Holyfield probably would make us preseason #1.

• @KirkIsMyHinrich Doubtful, I bet MSU is preseason #1 and we wont get all of those guys.

• kjayhawks said:

@KirkIsMyHinrich Doubtful, I bet MSU is preseason #1 and we wont get all of those guys.

UK would be mine. They’re better than anyone in the backcourt

• Somehow now, despite the statements by coaches that they are fine with guys leaving, the spring now has a different recruiting feel. Something tells me Doke was recruited by Self all over again.

If so, job well done.

• @kjayhawks Maybe. I think it’s still likely that KU will hit on a few more transfers or recruits, and there’s an outside shot that Silvio is cleared. To me, Tucker is by far the most important player that KU can add because of his ability to shoot the 3-ball. If we get him I think KU goes from a good team to a team capable of winning a national championship. We’ll see what happens. Get to work, Bill.

• @HighEliteMajor

Sounds like that was what happened. Devonte was the most recent example of this. Usually has worked out well for both player and fans when this happened.

• So the return of Azubuike stunts the development of David McCormack. We’ll get 4 years of Dave at least.

Still need a PF even if De Sousa returns. TJ Holyfield with his ability to stretch the floor is ideal.

Need at least 1 more perimeter player that can shoot. Tucker is the big fish to get and is the biggest need outside of a starting 4 man. Otherwise McBride is going to play a ton as a freshman. He may anyway and is a gifted scorer with the type of game this team needs. If Self picks up two perimeter players that means he doesn’t expect the freshman guards to contribute in a significant way.

With Azubuike back you can’t start Garrett. I don’t care how many shots he puts up this summer again that jumper is broken.

De Sousa and Azubuike would be the most athletic front court in the country. Not holding my breathe on that happening although its great to dream.