Free Chat here.



  • @jayballer73 I guess I would say that we beat both MSU and UT. Those are two good teams. We are capable of beating anyone. Will we in the tourney? Your guess is as good as mine.



  • The loss really doesn’t mean a ton at this point, I’m fairly disappointed and have stated that several times lol but we know why we lost - poor shooting all around, turnovers and poor 3 point defense. All things that are able to be improved on, not to mention a far share of teams will lose in Hilton this year and on the road in general. I feel like the big 12 has the toughest venues as a whole to visit especially when you’re the top dog like we are.



  • Kcmatt7 said:

    approxinfinity said:

    @Kcmatt7 we don’t want any Mitch in that rotation?

    Unplayable with a team that can’t shoot because he doesn’t look to score.

    Mitch is a bad offensive player overall. Quite passable defensively in the right spots.



  • bskeet said:

    Taking Silvio and Doke out of this team too much to overcome.

    Yup. :(

    Doke is so good and Silvio was really coming along.



  • We need a leader, sure as heck isn’t Vick!



  • I had to go to a dinner when we were up 29-27. Recorded the rest and just fast forwarded through the rest - wish I hadn’t. I know others are trying to find a silver lining and others saying its no big deal, but really… 24 turnovers against a team that doesn’t generally create a lot of turnovers? Vick accounting for 7??? Remarkable number for someone who isn’t the primary or even secondary ball handler? Losing to ISU at Hilton isn’t that unexpected, but to lose by 17? ISU hadn’t beaten anyway of note before today - had lost to the only two decent teams they had played (and AZ isn’t that good). Shot 30% from the 3pt line - unfortunately, that appears to be consistent with how this team has shot from distance all year. Is it realistic to expect significant improvement going forward? Where or who would it come from?

    With regard to the conference, there is always an overreaction to early results and any number of commentators who say this is the year that the streak ends. But it is a true fact that TTU and ISU already have good conference road wins, so they definitely have an early leg up.

    KU still owns one of the best, if not the best, collection of wins of any team so far. We can beat anyone on a given night. But, the flip side is probably also true. Increasingly, teams will surround Doke or Lawson and dare our perimeter guys to beat them. The risk for them is that maybe Vick has one of his hot games, but it seems like a winning strategy to me.



  • Self needs to bench Vick. Send a message.



  • @BShark that rebound! I guess he thought it magically was his?



  • I’m watching Bragg



  • KUSTEVE said:

    I’m not sweating this game. We looked pretty crappy, played terrible, and got our ass handed to us. It’s January 5th, folks. We looked really bad at this time last year as well, and it worked out pretty good. No doubt we have a long way to go. I’m real excited to see Grimes play well. He was pretty much the only bright spot today. Hopefully Doke will feel good enough he’ll want to play for us at some point in the future, although I don’t think it would’ve helped much today. We live to fight another day.

    Sounds good. - -I would sure like for someone to show me where this team has improved for the beginning of the year. – have they improved in their shooting ? - – -umm NOPE - - -have they improved in ball handling - - umm - -NOPE - - have they improved on the defensive end - -especially defending the 3 ? - - -umm NOPE - - have they established a leader on this team? - - - umm NOPE - -has Doke improved on his free throw shooting - - umm NOPE - - please someone - - -Anyone please tell me where THIS team has improved on ANYTHING since the beginning of the season. – I’ll wait go ahead I’ll wait - - they have improved on nothing - nothing since the beginning.

    I had said this countless times - -that we have been playing with a loaded gun , most of the season - - borrowed time – house money - -we tonight we got a glimpse of what’s coming in the Big 12 play if something doesn’t change.

    All I hear oh well it’s early - - it’s early - -people relax - -well that song has been sung out. - -Non Con - - is early - -this is no longer early , you wanna keep runnin with that - then I want to smoke some of that crap you hittin on - cause - -it’s go time whether you like it or not - -no more bullshit trying to twist things all around ke-ep trying to cover it up - -I mean this is real – it is what it is.

    Who here didn’t realize from the get go that as soon as they found out to Doke was out - -how many didn’t know that they would be doubling Dedric every time he touch the ball? - -They KNEW they could cause we can’t shoot worth a tinkers dam from the outside period. - - - these guys better wake the hell up and understand it’s go time boys - -this is for real -stat playing - we have YET to see this team play a complete gam 10-20 minutes of decent ball isn’t gonna cut it - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY



  • DCHawker said:

    I had to go to a dinner when we were up 29-27. Recorded the rest and just fast forwarded through the rest - wish I hadn’t. I know others are trying to find a silver lining and others saying its no big deal, but really… 24 turnovers against a team that doesn’t generally create a lot of turnovers? Vick accounting for 7??? Remarkable number for someone who isn’t the primary or even secondary ball handler? Losing to ISU at Hilton isn’t that unexpected, but to lose by 17? ISU hadn’t beaten anyway of note before today - had lost to the only two decent teams they had played (and AZ isn’t that good). Shot 30% from the 3pt line - unfortunately, that appears to be consistent with how this team has shot from distance all year. Is it realistic to expect significant improvement going forward? Where or who would it come from?

    With regard to the conference, there is always an overreaction to early results and any number of commentators who say this is the year that the streak ends. But it is a true fact that TTU and ISU already have good conference road wins, so they definitely have an early leg up.

    KU still owns one of the best, if not the best, collection of wins of any team so far. We can beat anyone on a given night. But, the flip side is probably also true. Increasingly, teams will surround Doke or Lawson and dare our perimeter guys to beat them. The risk for them is that maybe Vick has one of his hot games, but it seems like a winning strategy to me.

    THE thing is a lot of these turnovers were unforce turnovers - just reckless as hell - -when is the last time we have had a team that has had such turnover problems such as this?



  • Went to my cousin’s wedding today; she gave me one heck of a present missing that turd of a game!



  • My usual DVRd reaction:

    — surprised we got smoked, but not surprised we lost. Thought that was a strong possibility at Hilton.

    — I still think this team is like a bunch of furniture you buy at the thrift store — doesn’t quite go together.

    — Vick is trying too hard to be something he is not.

    — as usual, teams have career days beyond the arc against us. Some contested, most not.

    — the defense was mostly an atrocity. So many open players everywhere — and our players standing around wondering why

    — Grimes…hmmm. Upvote.

    — Dotson needs to shoot more.

    — I’m hard pressed to remain positive on Mitch and Moore.

    — Dok would have destroyed that ISU defense



  • @jayballer73 We still have to play the season out. I’m telling you that because you’re disgusted, and it doesn’t look like there would be any way to fix this hot mess. We’ve been here before, though. if we still look this bad in March, then we might have to stick a fork in us. but, it’s not like we haven’t been through this before. Remember when we went up to an unranked Temple team a few years back, and got beat by 25? How about those WVU beatdowns a few years back? Last year, we lost some games that were pure head scratchers. That loss by 15 to OSU was abysmal. Thank God for Devonte. This year, we need one or two players to stand up and start leading when the chips are down. Somebody on the team is hopefully really pissed about yesterday. Pissed enough to go off, and get these dudes to focus in, and start competing. I think it’s going be Devon, but I could be wrong.



  • Leadership and toughness are two things that need figured out with this team , preferably soon.



  • It’s not the only thing, but one major problem this team has is turnovers. And the turnovers are happening a lot either when Kansas is in transition or feeding the post - times that Kansas should be scoring the ball . It’s really bad when a 5-on-1 fastbreak nearly results in a turnover. I don’t trust this team in transition at all. The post-feeding is a combination of things I think, but a lot of it is Kansas not being patient enough on offense to move the ball side-to-side, get ball-reversal, and get easy looks into the post. Instead we’re forcing the ball into the post and it’s getting stolen a lot. Dedric also needs to be stronger receiving the ball.

    If Doke can’t go next game I want a starting lineup of Dotson, Grimes, Garrett, Dedric, DMac. And I want KJ to play more. I absolutely think this team can be good without Vick.



  • KUSTEVE said:

    @jayballer73 We still have to play the season out. I’m telling you that because you’re disgusted, and it doesn’t look like there would be any way to fix this hot mess. We’ve been here before, though. if we still look this bad in March, then we might have to stick a fork in us. but, it’s not like we haven’t been through this before. Remember when we went up to an unranked Temple team a few years back, and got beat by 25? How about those WVU beatdowns a few years back? Last year, we lost some games that were pure head scratchers. That loss by 15 to OSU was abysmal. Thank God for Devonte. This year, we need one or two players to stand up and start leading when the chips are down. Somebody on the team is hopefully really pissed about yesterday. Pissed enough to go off, and get these dudes to focus in, and start competing. I think it’s going be Devon, but I could be wrong.

    ya it sounds good - -but as you know our problems just became a lot worse. - sory bud – ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY



  • I wasn’t able to watch.

    Forgot to DVR the game.

    Thank you Lord.



  • nuleafjhawk said:

    I wasn’t able to watch.

    Forgot to DVR the game.

    Thank you Lord.

    You might be the luckiest KU fan alive. The 2nd half especially was brutal on the eyes



  • Somehow KU is still ranked #7 in the new AP poll.

    #7 KU #8 Tech #20 Iowa St. #23 OU #25 TCU



  • Woodrow said:

    Somehow KU is still ranked #7 in the new AP poll.

    #7 KU #8 Tech #20 Iowa St. #23 OU #25 TCU

    that’s crazy we only dropped 2 - - hmmm & that’s with them knowing we have lost Doke



  • @jayballer73 Doesn’t make any sense to me. Nevada is still ranked #10 after getting destroyed at New Mexico. I know road conference games are tough, but they were 14-15 point favorites.



  • Woodrow said:

    @jayballer73 Doesn’t make any sense to me. Nevada is still ranked #10 after getting destroyed at New Mexico. I know road conference games are tough, but they were 14-15 point favorites.

    dam they must have been drinking some really strong coffee while filling out their ballots this week lol



  • @Woodrow That is obscene. We shouldn’t even be ranked #7 in the Big 12. Seriously.



  • I saw a ballot before we knew about doke


Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to KU Buckets was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.