Floor Burns Game Thread

• Salute LaGerald! That was big time. Wowzers

• Dotson could be a big risk to leave tbh, he is so good.

• Grimes would have to improve more than I’ve ever seen in season to go in the lottery.

• Vick saves us once again, told everyone it was huge he was returning.

• Dotson leaving could be what grimes needs. I think he’s a PG.

• Kcmatt7 said:

Dotson leaving could be what grimes needs. I think he’s a PG.

Agree but I want Dotson back bad lol.

• I do find it worisome that Self has reverted back to feed the post. But then you see what Doke and Dedric do and you can’t fault him. And to top it off, maybe our guards just can’t shoot outside of Vick and he’s protecting us. I don’t doubt he gives us the best chance to win each game and he has self awareness to know this teams diffecincies.

• BShark said:

Kcmatt7 said:

Dotson leaving could be what grimes needs. I think he’s a PG.

Agree but I want Dotson back bad lol.

On the bright side, if Dotson left I still don’t think Moore would start lol

• we played like crap.

• And yet we still won. Just think how good we’ll be when we put it together.

• Lose just one of Dedric or Doke and lose Silvio. Add Tristan Enaruna. That’s a salty ass squad again next year with more development from Garrett, Moore, Dotson, Grimes etc…

But I’m probably still just dreaming that Grimes could stay.

• When I say out loud “we don’t have a go to player. No way we pull this out.”

0_1543712569209_F349F28C-5B61-4173-AF2C-D4CBEEADC067.jpeg

• @BShark he’s back.

• So, didn’t get to watch this one live. Will have to check it out later. Saw snippets out of the corner of my eye…didn’t look pretty. that pretty much sum it up? Who/what was the culprit today?

• @jayhawkcsg Where to start… Others will have their own views, but while offense was putrid at least in the first half, I think the biggest problem was defense - or lack thereof. Stanford couldn’t break 50 against Wisconsin or Florida, but lights us up at home for 75 in regulation. Dedric kept us in shouting distance for a good portion of the game, then Vick bailed us out. Missed his first 3 3 pointers, then was 7-8 after that. Dotson was really solid, Doke okay, Grimes was a no show.

• Grimes. WTF? Vick. WTF? ha. The lack of defense doesn’t surprise me. it’s a mish mash put together team. doesn’t seem cohesive yet. maybe never will be.

• Notice how the last run was with 4 guards and how bad we looked defensively with 2 bigs tonight. Dedric didn’t have a bad game offensively besides getting swatted multiple times which is just gonna happen at this point. But defensively he moved about as fast as my grandma on rotations and let up several easy buckets.

• I did see Dedric trying to cover a small on a late possession at the top of the key. not sure why that’s allowed to happen. he drove right by him.

• We left corner 3 pt shooters. We have no shooters. Can’t hit our throws.

• Hmmmm 6 games in, and I’m really trying to see why grimes is nba level. And -if he is so athletically gifted, why can’t he play in-your-face defense? That would keep him on the floor . Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t defense just hustle, footwork, and hard work? If garret is so much worse than grimes in “potential” (whatever the hell that means) why can he play defense?

• kjayhawks said:

Notice how the last run was with 4 guards and how bad we looked defensively with 2 bigs tonight. Dedric didn’t have a bad game offensively besides getting swatted multiple times which is just gonna happen at this point. But defensively he moved about as fast as my grandma on rotations and let up several easy buckets.

On point. 2 big line-ups suck.

• Gotta be patient and not jump to conclusions about player and team development. Look at last year - folks being doom and gloom or saying how terrible Newman was. HAVE to give things time. Who knows how Grimes and the rest will turn out in March. It’s only December 1st and we’ve seen this team’s potential at times.

• @HawkChamp

Yea, but look at the games we’ve lost so far this year… oh wait. 🙂

• Ok, finally watching after work… Whew. Thaknkful for the win! — Stanford had an excellent game plan, and executed it very well. — Referee whistles were freaking ridiculous. Some really stupid mystery calls. — It’s true. The 3/2 lineup cannot cover the 3 pt line. Dedric and Dok just can’t get out there nor recover. Do other teams have this problem? Are we more worried about teams hurting us inside so we cheat closer to the hoop? — Even the small lineup cannot cover the 3 pt line. Grimes could give a shit about defense. To quote Bilas: “You cannot help ball side off a corner shooter. That opens up a corner three. Ever!” We did this all night long. After he said that it’s like the entire season and recent years of Kansas defense became evident to me. That should be coachable. Does that mean Self simply doesn’t know this? — Vick. OMG. — The dunk: Garrett! — Devon Dotson. My man crush is getting serious. I may have to put a poster on my wall.

• jayhawkcsg said:

Grimes. WTF? Vick. WTF? ha. The lack of defense doesn’t surprise me. it’s a mish mash put together team. doesn’t seem cohesive yet. maybe never will be.

Mish mash is the perfect description. It’s like we’re 3 different teams all at once.