2020 Recruiting



  • BeddieKU23 said:

    He has an absence of elite level programs on his list but he’s definitely a top shelf talent.

    Always interesting when this happens. There might be a red flag.



  • @BShark

    Agree. He has roamed around that 30 to 40 level in the ranks for a while. Maybe he feels like a bigger priority for those teams that usually get in deep with these types. Generally you don’t see the big boys come calling until summer for most underclassmen and it doesn’t seem like he’s going to wait for them to come calling. Might just be a different dude then we are used to seeing.



  • Made Scottie Barnes top 8. Weeeeee.



  • @BShark

    Wake me up to that one when he ends up at Duke/UK/insert ACC team



  • BeddieKU23 said:

    @BShark

    Wake me up to that one when he ends up at Duke/UK/insert ACC team

    Quack quack





  • Matt Scott @kutheshiver 11m 2020 phenom pg r.j. Hampton will begin his official visit to Kansas this week will be here for Saturday’s game vs Baylor



  • Well at least he is visiting. We can say that



  • @BeddieKU23 Indeed. We can hang a recruiting banner. “Got a visit from RJ Hampton”.



  • @BShark

    Not to be negative, I’m glad he’s visiting and he has some interest. I just don’t think the powers that be will let him end up anywhere but with a swoosh sign on it.



  • KU has a real shot in this one, assuming RJ comes in 2020. He probably won’t decide on a class until summer.



  • Arizona St doing that unofficial cheating thing where they add the less talented brother to get the 5 star brother. Josh Christopher is the player I’m talking about. His unranked brother just committed to ASU. KU has recruited Josh…likely to no avail



  • @BeddieKU23 KU would never take KJ to land Dedrick or any thing similar. 😝 I hope ASU gets stuck with the brother. I also wish I had a brother good enough to get me a scholarship! Remember when Blake Griffin was so good his brother got drafted into the NBA?



  • @dylans

    Sshhh its only right when we do it



  • Didn’t we do that or were going to w/a sister?



  • Crimsonorblue22 said:

    Didn’t we do that or were going to w/a sister?

    That’s been done.



  • https://247sports.com/Player/Isaiah-Cottrell-46040560/

    This kid is making a official this weekend as well.



  • bout time KU got on getting Juniors to official



  • Woodrow said:

    https://247sports.com/Player/Isaiah-Cottrell-46040560/

    This kid is making a official this weekend as well.

    Want.

    And I wonder if he would have the chance to reclass. We are going to need a big badly.



  • Sounds like doke won’t be back.

    Can Doke improve while sitting out? Self: "No, no I don’t see how you can better by just sitting and observing. … He’s still got the screw in hand." Self says Azubuike has to keep the cast on always – unless he’s just walking, but only if there isn’t ice on the ground. He does think he could be better next year just because he’s older… “I doubt we’re going to get a chance to witness that, though,” Self said.



  • @Crimsonorblue22 Yeah. I think Dedric and Doke are both 99.9% gone.

    Not expecting anything with Silvio of course. If an impact big isn’t added I could see Self scouring the grad transfer market. The back court next year will be really good and improved from this year but just Dave + Mitch up front is not close to enough.



  • Sounds like KU is honing in on this guy for a 2020 PG. Hampton could play on or off the ball and they’d obviously be able to defend both guard spots. https://247sports.com/Player/Daishen-Nix-46050728/



  • FarmerJayhawk said:

    Sounds like KU is honing in on this guy for a 2020 PG. Hampton could play on or off the ball and they’d obviously be able to defend both guard spots. https://247sports.com/Player/Daishen-Nix-46050728/

    He’s been my top realistic guard want in 20 for awhile. Can absolutely ball.



  • Is he actually a PG? 6-5 would not be the prototypical BS PG



  • Kcmatt7 said:

    Is he actually a PG? 6-5 would not be the prototypical BS PG

    He’s at least 6’4 from what I’ve heard. He’s actually a lot like Deron Williams or dare say Grimes





  • @Woodrow

    He’s the type of athlete this program needs in the 20 class. I’ll have to watch some more but seems like most of his game is inside. He has the body of a hybrid forward currently. Great bounce inside and I like that he can use either hand.



  • You’d like to think this is a recruitment KU can win especially if Wade is out at LSU.



  • We really need another guard and big for next years class because it’s all but that certain than a few guys will leave. The next month on the trail and the what the NCAA releases next month will be huge on if that happens.





  • BShark said:

    https://247sports.com/Player/Caleb-Lohner-46048754/

    Saw him play against Oak Hill recently. He was good as a stretch 4. Kofi couldn’t handle his versatility.

    He needs to get rid of that mop on his head though. Looks so silly with it.

    Wasatch Academy has another guy on their team worth monitoring. He was a blur with the ball, their PG Mike Sanders. He’s Devon Dotson quick with the ball. Defended Cole Anthony well. Has a 6’7 wingspan. Not a great shooter at this point but he’ll rise from his current rank #228.



  • BeddieKU23 said:

    BShark said:

    https://247sports.com/Player/Caleb-Lohner-46048754/

    Saw him play against Oak Hill recently. He was good as a stretch 4. Kofi couldn’t handle his versatility.

    He needs to get rid of that mop on his head though. Looks so silly with it.

    Wasatch Academy has another guy on their team worth monitoring. He was a blur with the ball, their PG Mike Sanders. He’s Devon Dotson quick with the ball. Defended Cole Anthony well. Has a 6’7 wingspan. Not a great shooter at this point but he’ll rise from his current rank #228.

    If he can Ball - -I could give a hoot about his hair - -if he can shoot and defend well hell knock yourself out - - just score the ball - -we good to go. - - - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY



  • Give me 6 players - combination of top 100, jucos and grad tranfers - and I’d be happy. Hell, such a scenario would help us in the long run, would be (i.e., stayers rather than goers) a foundation class.



  • I know this kid has been mentioned on here before. - -Caleb Lohner 6"7. Just seen a 10 minute video on him ya I know high lite BUT man like has been said not really sure if we are putting in our time with him or not BUT.

    The kid can flat out stroke the ball. - He Can catch and shoot - - he can shoot it off the dribble - - - he can finish at the rim - can really stroke the 3 ball - - - - -Decent handles - -Only draw back I can see is he DOESN’T have Garrett’s shooting form lmao - - just kidding.

    Thing is hearing he is more likely Mormon - -probably a BYU recruit - but sure the hell doesn’t hurt to put out feeler’s Can’t hurt - - you don’t show any interest - -you sure the hell aren’t gonna get anyone. – Worth a shot. - Oh Ya and has really nice hair lmao. - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY



  • @jayballer73 “Really nice hair”…That’s good!



  • @jayballer73

    This one will end up at a Power 5 school I believe. Baylor put in some work early with him but I see his versatility being coveted by others. He played well on TV a few weeks ago against Oak Hill. Much better then Enaruna showed



  • He is a player I could see KU making a push for.



  • And the good times just keep rollin in. - -I think the kid’s 1st name is Julian - - Anyways Strawther - -Julian - committed to Gonzaga - -another kid we were suppose to be in pretty decent shape with in the class of 2020 - -let the good times roll - - DAM - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY



  • @jayballer73

    KU showed interest in the kid last year but Julian went a different way. Two way street. KU didn’t even make his list he put out months ago



  • BeddieKU23 said:

    @jayballer73

    KU showed interest in the kid last year but Julian went a different way. Two way street. KU didn’t even make his list he put out months ago

    Oh my bad - - hadn’t seen that - -slipped by me - -well- - - - - - -. ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY



  • jayballer73 said:

    BeddieKU23 said:

    @jayballer73

    KU showed interest in the kid last year but Julian went a different way. Two way street. KU didn’t even make his list he put out months ago

    Oh my bad - - hadn’t seen that - -slipped by me - -well- - - - - - -. ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

    No worries. If I remember correctly he once said KU was his dream school? Is that the belief you had on him???

    Seems like his dream school talk died awful quick.



  • BeddieKU23 said:

    jayballer73 said:

    BeddieKU23 said:

    @jayballer73

    KU showed interest in the kid last year but Julian went a different way. Two way street. KU didn’t even make his list he put out months ago

    Oh my bad - - hadn’t seen that - -slipped by me - -well- - - - - - -. ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

    No worries. If I remember correctly he once said KU was his dream school? Is that the belief you had on him???

    Seems like his dream school talk died awful quick.

    Ya pretty much - -you know just beginning NOT to trust anything that comes from the mouth of babes - - or trust these so called experts - -or and fricken Crystal Balls anymore other trust any of these he said - -she said - -they said - -or a friend of mine has a friend who has a friend that has a brother -that has a girlfriend who works in the office - - or a dad that was suppose to have said that the dog handler said anymore - -just don’t trust anything until we see the kids name officially a committed Jayhawk or from Coach saying it’s official. - Examples? - - Ayton - - -Hurt - - - Julian - -and on - - and - - on - -and on - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY



  • Scottie Barnes is coming to visit soon. Date TBD.



  • FarmerJayhawk said:

    Scottie Barnes is coming to visit soon. Date TBD.

    Official Visit?



  • Possible Reclass? He’s already 18. Maybe trying to sneak into the 2020 draft?



  • FarmerJayhawk said:

    Scottie Barnes is coming to visit soon. Date TBD.

    Are we actually recruiting again? Gaht dam.



  • Kcmatt7 said:

    Possible Reclass? He’s already 18. Maybe trying to sneak into the 2020 draft?

    I’d pee myself.



  • @BShark Sorry, he WILL be 18 in July.



  • Kcmatt7 said:

    Possible Reclass? He’s already 18. Maybe trying to sneak into the 2020 draft?

    It’ll be official. He’ll be 19 during the 2020 draft year so it’s possible assuming his grades are in order.



  • FarmerJayhawk said:

    Kcmatt7 said:

    Possible Reclass? He’s already 18. Maybe trying to sneak into the 2020 draft?

    It’ll be official. He’ll be 19 during the 2020 draft year so it’s possible assuming his grades are in order.

    That’s what I like to hear.


Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to KU Buckets was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.