ISU isn’t a must, Self ponders starting line up

• Kansas travels to Ames tomorrow to battle the Cyclones, who have beaten Tech, WV and OU in consecutive home games. Obviously our chances for 14 straight are a 100% if we win out but I’m still betting bet Tech drops a few more games. A win would be nice but I still don’t think a loss ruins all hope for another conference title, I think we can lose one more and honestly it would be better to lose to the bottom team rather than an OU, Tech or WV. I Hope we can win and see improvement.

After seeing a few changes in the line up in recent weeks, Mitch Lightfoot in for Vick last week against TCU and Lightfoot and Garrett in for Vick and Newman versus Baylor. Bill Self said before Monday’s practice that he was unsure who would start Tuesday night at Iowa State. I think it’s a good thing for a few reasons, that He’s not sure who to start. First off hopefully it means that Vick and Newman are practicing better. Secondly I think the original line up gives us the best chance to win games going forward.

• @kjayhawks

If KU cannot beat ISU, the chances it will beat WVU or particularly Texas Tech. get smaller and I mean…considerably smaller. ISU is an absolute must win game.

• @JayHawkFanToo ISU beat both of those teams in Ames.

• @kjayhawks

…and it is still at the bottom of the Conference. WVU, OU and Tech. will be considerably harder.

• @JayHawkFanToo

Key word “IF”…I’ll take the odds against your fear, concern, or the inability to believe this team can win at least one (1) or more of those games you just mentioned.

I would be a bit concerned about WVU in the Phog. I really like the chances against TT. I think the proverbial shoe is now on the other foot of TT. KU is now the hunter in the TT game. I like the odds of the game.

I say the ISU game is going to provide a good indication for the remainder of the year. I don’t think this KU team is done.

• On a lighter note…I wonder if Svi is a curling fan? If I were from the Ukraine, I would be a big big fan of curling.

Curling anyone? Anastasia Bryzgalova, Russia

0_1518496025379_upload-072b54d5-06ee-444e-86c8-dad24dee3012

0_1518496124149_upload-84b9a47b-7196-43e7-a1c5-51b552337393

0_1518496147225_upload-2912d2cd-75ea-48a1-a616-bb7812b01622

• @truehawk93

I did not say that KU is done, not by a long shot but the margin of error is dissapearing and a loss, any loss makes it that much more difficult. Tech. Is playing well and has won 6 in a row after having its slump when it went 1-3; Tech. is a veteran team and I don’t believe we will see anything like that from them again.

• @JayHawkFanToo

All good, I get it. They better play and prove you wrong.

• @kjayhawks Yep, it’ll be interesting. At least with the lineup shuffling, we can keep Prohm guessing a bit.

• I have three wishes:

1. KU to win #14

2. KU to win NC

3. Svi to meet Anastasia

• @truehawk93

1 and 2 could happen, 3 unlikely considering Ukraine and Russia are not in what you would call good terms since Russia seized Crimea in 2014.

• I swear I do not recall a single curler in Michigan, or Ontario, with her charisma.

• @kjayhawks

This is the perfect game for a bounce back! We’ve played our best ball on the road this year and the crowd at Hilton is always loud and obnoxious to our players. Perfect for our guys coming together. And our backs are up against the wall.

If we can win in Morgantown… we can win in Ames.

Let’s stop making excuses and be responsible for bringing everything we got. Ultimately, as fans, can we expect anything more than that?

I don’t mind watching us lose games… as long as we bring our best effort.

• @drgnslayr

This is the slayr I know!!!

Let’s go!!!

• Tonight is a must win, don’t see any other way around it

• Chip building time. This team is down. It’s up to them now to decide if they flame out or bounce back. Hilton provides the perfect opportunity for these guys to do what many are thinking they can’t. Fans are giving up on 14, conceding that we will have a 4 seed or lower and bow out early, heck they may not win another game! These guys said they thrived on doubt. They wanted to prove everyone wrong at WVU. Now is the time to do it again.