Huggy postgame

• Lol, just had to laugh at a couple of things huggy had to say. - -some funny , but then also very true.

Huggy says he was talking to the team and says: Can SOMEONE please explain to me , what you don’t understand. What you don’t understand about staying with SVI ? lol - - -you CAN’T leave him open -gotta love that lol - I can just see Huggs in the locker room asking for a explanation from someone - -anyone.

Other straight out truth: - - -Our pressure sucked. But the one I liked and whether you like the guy or not , very sound comment.

Huggy said when they were practicing - somewhere while they were practicing it was posted about WV being 2nd in the Nation - -told the players - you see that? - -you like that? like being there? - Then promptly said: It’s not that hard to climb up the polls - -BUT - - -that fall - - is a BITCH - - how true , not pulling any strings. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BAY

• @Jayballer54 Maybe our fans should wear black pullover jackets for the rematch.

• @Jayballer54 So Huggy was channeling what Bilas was saying during the game about leaving Svi open. I thought Bilas would start cursing in frustration over how idiotic the defenders were, but I am sure Huggy burned some paint in the locker room!

• @Jayballer54

Outside the first 10 minutes of the game KU’s defense was fine, particularly in the second half when KU had only 2 TOs and WVU had 11; I would say our pressure was just fine.

• mayjay said:

@Jayballer54 So Huggy was channeling what Bilas was saying during the game about leaving Svi open. I thought Bilas would start cursing in frustration over how idiotic the defenders were, but I am sure Huggy burned some paint in the locker room!

Oh mercy - -could you imagine - thinking the ol locker room just might of been pretty warm lol - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• JayHawkFanToo said:

@Jayballer54

Outside the first 10 minutes of the game KU’s defense was fine, particularly in the second half when KU had only 2 TOs and WVU had 11; I would say our pressure was just fine.

No Huggy was talking about WV defense saying that THEIR defense sucked. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @Jayballer54

One quick suggestion, if you are quoting someone, place the comment between double quotes, highlight the comment and then click the Bold and Italic icons at the top and the quote will stand out and not be confused with the rest of the post.

• Watching Coach Huggins made me aware of how well HCBS handles himself after a loss. There aren’t many coaches that can accept the reality of a loss, be positive about the potential to improve from it, and move on. Huggins blamed his players, claimed he was mystified about how to help them improve, and labeled some of the “good players” while others were “bad players”. Motivating by blunt force, seems to me. I am surprised and disappointed.

• @Careful-you I thought his comment to the seniors, “I’m out of ideas guys…” was interesting.

• Hey everyone… Svi deserves more credit than he is getting. Svi is nailing some guarded treys. Huggy mentions him being open… but not WIDE open. That one trey he hit with a guy in his grill. The only way they were going to stop Svi was to deny him the pass.

I’m smiling right now… watching the purple kitties crush OU. I tip my hat to Bruce. No way we have this conference streak without the help of our purple friends. Thanks, Bruce! (lol) Let’s face it… purple is just a puke version of crimson/blue… mixed in a blender or spewing out someone’s mouth. But we all know pizza tastes best the first time! (sorry for my crude post)

• @drgnslayr

“I bleed crimson and blue, therefore I crap purple.”

Not a popular T-Shirt around these parts. Funny as it is crude though.

• I like huggy personally. I think he is very intense but loves his guys and they love him. I have a very similar coaching style, I was pressing before press Virginia was cool lol.

• @kjayhawks I have a very similar cursing style (too much), and it appears a very similar eating style (also too much).

Fashion sense, too, it seems (comfortable) (but my ex-model sister in law says “comfortable” is just a euphemism for “sloppy”).

• @kjayhawks

I’ve sat right behind the WVU bench before. Huggy had the foulest language I had ever heard coming out of a coach’s mouth.

I have heard that he has toned it down. I don’t know, but I think the league has had informal conversations with Huggy to “cool it.”

It is smeared all over the net, how much Huggy’s players love him. He’s hard on his guys, but the guy has a heart the size of West Virginia. He’d take a bullet for any of his players… all the way down the bench. I deeply respect Huggy. NO ONE else could have turned WVU into a powerhouse basketball program!