Texas Tech Red Raiders - Tuesday - 8 pm - ESPN

• @nuleafjhawk 100% true, the softies won’t like it but I bet Self said far worse in the locker room.

• I find the tiniest bit of solace in the fact that the worst KU hater where i work is an incredibly obnixious OU fan - so at least he won’t say anything to me - 54-48. Bwaaa ha ha

• Thought Coach was gonna be on ESPN. Must be too pissed…

• i’m guessing self doesn’t come down hard on them. he has no where to go until Preston or Silvio become a factor

• @cragarhawk he was on postgame w spectrum. he didn’t seemed pissed. he was gushing over Chris Beard and how hard his team competed.

• @kjayhawks pretty sure we all agree how soft these guys are! Where was Vick? Coach said it was hard w/5 and having 7 to play was difficult. I bet he could kill Preston or whomever is responsible

• truehawk93 said:

@KirkIsMyHinrich This team came within a few field goals and they went for treys. I said it at about the 7-8 min mark. They were within a few buckets and they went for three treys, and missed all of them. Part of being a good shooter is to know when to pound inside or attack. We don’t have a player that can attack the rim like Frank. Graham is the closest thing we have to Frank. Graham does not lead attacks. He leads guys to do the wrong thing on certain plays.

Careful… I got blasted for calling out DGs lack of leadership.

• Still wondered if they all partied on nye.

• Crimsonorblue22 said:

Still wondered if they all partied on nye.

So you are wondering if there is an excuse? There isn’t. The team just isn’t that good this year. On top of average talent, it’s extremely thin and too dependent on the 3. That makes our margin of error razor thin.

• @BigBad yeah I guess I am. Never saw Vick play that poorly.

• @BigBad do you feel the same way if we get billy and Silvio- soon?

• @Blown I would just about guarantee Self absolutely went off on the team in the locker room at some point tonight. He looked pretty pissed off most of the game tonight and I’m assuming their lack of effort was why.

Tonight wasn’t KU getting beat by a better team, this was straight up a lack of effort which is absolutely within the player’s control and something Self will peel the paint off the walls about with his team.

Self apparently won’t publicly throw this team under the bus, but after tonight, they need to be thrown under the bus. The lack of effort was the biggest culprit tonight which is inexcusable at any point in time because it’s the one thing that is always within a player’s control.

• Guys & Gals - here’s the deal:

98% of the time that KU loses, it’s on Bill Self. The reason we lost this game - and the reason we lose games in late March and early April - Bill Self decides the KU team that has brought him all the glory is suddenly a different team. He plays to the strengths of the opposition. You’ve heard it said that coaches tell players to just play and never look at the scoreboard? This year, Self needs to play the team that is in the elite in the country in 3 pt shooting and not look at the schedule. They should practice with KANSAS in mind - not any other team. We play our game, we win every time regardless of the opponent.

• I don’t think we can complain about the complete lack of talent on the team. Cunliffe was the highest rated recuit to sign with ASU in nearly a decade and he sits on our bench. There is no post depth and no size beyond Dok. You add 2 post players who are ready and able to play and it completely changes the complexion of the team. All the sudden a guard messes up and he can be yanked to learn. If Graham could sit for 5 minutes a game he’d be a lot fresher and if you are only playing 3 guards instead of 4 you have that many more guard minutes to go around. KU could pound it inside and foul up the other team on a poor shooting night. Also with 3 guards you could hide the defensive shortcomings of Svi better by not leaving him out there all night. Svi is pretty much of a jump shooter, not a driver, not a defender. Malik needs motivated, I was hoping coming off the bench would do it, maybe he needs his minutes cut back until he’s healed up.

So I do think the team can get better by playing the guards less, but only if Billy Preston can play and is as good as I think he appeared in the pre-season. Dude knows how to get baskets. Silvio will help, but I expect less production from him than we could get from Billy.

• KirkIsMyHinrich said:

Eh, I don’t have too many complaints about how Graham played tonight. He went to the line 13 times and had 6 assists. If I were to make a criticism it’s that he got a little too cute sometimes and turned the ball over. He had 5 turnovers. I think getting beat by 15 on the glass was the biggest thing. Tech just look like they wanted it more than KU did tonight.

Coach Self said when he heard that Devonte said this " WE got to want it more " - -Coach Self said that was a ridicilious statement. He said when he hears a player say that - it just makes him cringe for a player to say that, something like that’s on me coach said. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• Crimsonorblue22 said:

@BigBad yeah I guess I am. Never saw Vick play that poorly.

Man…neither have I.

• HighEliteMajor said:

For those interested in rebounding effort, go to 1:20 of first half. We take a shot, and everyone stands and watches. This happens too often.

WAY TO OFTEN. - - - - so soft, who knows MAYBE if and I emphasize MAYBE if we should happen to get Billy and or De Sosua maybe they can bring a little more physicality to the team maybe not quite as much being the Charmin 5 - - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• KansasComet said:

Now that we got our 2nd round tourney loss out of the way…

ARE we going to make it to the 2nd round this yr? - - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• nuleafjhawk said:

Saw more pu$$ies tonight in 2 hours than Hugh Hefner saw in a lifetime.

That’s what I saw too especially when it came to rebounding - - pu$$ie willows. - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• Jayballer54 said:

KansasComet said:

Now that we got our 2nd round tourney loss out of the way…

ARE we going to make it to the 2nd round this yr? - - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

Would depend on match ups.

• @BigBad Yes, if we match up against the Oklahoma City School of Horseshoeing we may have a chance.

• @Crimsonorblue22 Was Vick sick or something? I have never seen him with so little energy. He is suppose to be our slasher, no evidence of that in this game.

• @Crimsonorblue22 Billy could help front line depth but talent is still low for a kansas team.

• @Texas-Hawk-10 No effort, not wanting it enough should upset Bill. Maybe he should take a page out of old Roy’s gamebook and bench the starters? Wait a minute, do we even have 5 replacements?

• @Gunman I wish he would do that, send these guys a message. I always told my team that effort was a must, all the time and if they didn’t bring that everyday they’d never play a minute for me. “I’d rather lose by 30 playing our tails off, than lose by 5 because we didn’t want it enough” - kjayhawks.