DEVON DOTSON WHOSE COMMITMENT TO KANSAS WE NEVER DOUBTED

• BShark said:

jayballer54 said:

hawkmoon2020 said:

Could someone please recap the decision timelines for Grimes and Zion, if there are any at this juncture? I’m too exhausted and giddy now to scroll through all the threads. Thanks.

I think we are looking at the spring for our other three possibilities. - -Grimes - Williamson - - Langford. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

I believe Zion will pop before spring. It actually comes from someone I now trust pretty well… Well that wouldn’t be a bad thing for sure. - -OH I saw today when I was trolling over on that OTHER BOARD. - - Kentucky - -people upset cause Quickley not coming to BIG BLUE MADNESS , they wanted him there to help recruit Zion - -kind of giving him the number - -saying Quickley said schedule conflict - - they saying you know when BIG BLUE MADNESS going to be a month of head of time - -how can you have a schedule conflict lmao - -wettin themselves. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• This makes me happy.

• Remember when Bill Self couldn’t get commits in the early signing period? I don’t.

• Self and co. go 2 for 2 on the big boxing fight night weekend. When is the next big fight? Lets start getting the recruits lined up to visit on that day! ha

• I just want Grimes now.

• Maryland board is incredible right now. They already have a multi-page Ayala is better than Dotson anyway thread.

• To be fair the OP is getting crushed.

• BShark said:

Remember when Bill Self couldn’t get commits in the early signing period? I don’t. LMAO - - - -getting what? - -I can’ remember squat lo - -maybe to much Bourbon today. - I like how he says he is going after Quentin - -Langford - -& Williamson hell ya that’s my boy - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• BShark said:

Maryland board is incredible right now. They already have a multi-page Ayala is better than Dotson anyway thread. Hmmmmm go figure that didn’t see that coming lmao. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• KirkIsMyHinrich said:

I just want Grimes now.

Were working on it. - -Grimes is here this weekend, time to wrap it up a notch seal the deal. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• The best part about this Maryland meltdown is that they are killing it in recruiting. They did a great job even landing in the final 2 with Dotson. This is also one of their best classes in years. Maybe ever on paper. They have a local top 20 PF that loves them committed. They have a top 50 wing already in Dotson’s best friend Wiggins. Then they will also land Eric Ayala who is top 75 guard tomorrow. They are also in deep with Moses Brown and Keldon Johnson. This is REALLY good for Maryland and I think after they melt down they will realize it.

• Ohhhhh Jeffffffy

“Ayala isn’t as dynamic as Dotson, but he’s a big, tough and competitive player who can defend both guard spots. And perhaps most important, he’s an ego-free player who’s all about Maryland. There will be no playing time or chemistry concerns with Ayala, which might not have been the case with Dotson. That’s not to rationalize that he’s got as high an upside – one of a five-star for a reason, but there’s something to be said for fit. Ayala is the nation’s No. 76 player and held offers from Syracuse, Oregon, Miami and others.”

@BeddieKU23 @jayballer54

Full article here for those with VIP that would want to read it: https://maryland.247sports.com/Article/Maryland-Basketball-Recruiting--108871804

• @BShark

I’m glad I don’t have to go back to that board its really bad how people attack Dotson and his family for not picking them. I know it happens everywhere but its sad to see. We never went to those lengths here about Trae Young or Ayton… Jeez

• @BShark

In regards to Jeff talking about playing time I mean what 5 start PG wants to play behind an established PG already in the program who isn’t a threat for the NBA right now. It’s kind of what happened to KU in the last 2 cycles. Maryland didn’t fit his plan and he went somewhere else. The saltiness is expected but there Mod is a complete troll

• BeddieKU23 said:

@BShark

I’m glad I don’t have to go back to that board its really bad how people attack Dotson and his family for not picking them. I know it happens everywhere but its sad to see. We never went to those lengths here about Trae Young or Ayton… Jeez

I’m sure twitter was a shit show with Ayton but this board and the shiver both handled that pretty well.

I think people were more upset about Young, mainly because Matt Scott lied to everyone, basically at the request of the Youngs…

• BeddieKU23 said:

@BShark

In regards to Jeff talking about playing time I mean what 5 start PG wants to play behind an established PG already in the program who isn’t a threat for the NBA right now. It’s kind of what happened to KU in the last 2 cycles. Maryland didn’t fit his plan and he went somewhere else. The saltiness is expected but there Mod is a complete troll

Yep. Sometimes it’s really simple. Dotson wanted PT and a blueblood. KU offered both. Last year the staff targeted Sexton and Young hard but with Newman lying in wait and Graham a possibility to come back it was always a tough sell.

Also in hindsight it sure looks like Florida made the soul read on Dotson with the way they quickly went for other PGs after his visit. If the Maryland staff couldn’t do the same that’s on them. Hindsight being what it is and all, the signs were there with the MD visit. Didn’t play pick-up ball with the team and other recruits. Sure seemed like a #freevisit with his boy Wiggins.

• @BShark

Agree I think he visited out of respect for the coaches recruiting him and seeing what his friend signed himself up for. Maryland might have won out had they put the same efforts early like KU did. Kudos to the staff for identifying him early and following through.

• @BeddieKU23 Agree. Getting Dotson in for a game last year on his own dime was pretty big. I think Devon sees himself playing here much in the style Frank did.

• So it seems that Jacobs and Adam Miller are becoming pretty tight. This really can not be a bad thing.

• So I’m wondering how the Grimes visit is /or went. - -Guess we might hear within the week something on how it went. - -Heard him talking about a decision time - looks like maybe December but yet maybe in spring not rushing. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @jayballer54 No puff pieces that I’ve seen yet. Probably be up later today or tomorrow.

• @jayballer54 There is a puff piece up on the shiver but it’s VIP. Something new though is his mom said they’d like for him to announce before the new year.

• BShark said:

When this is over, whoever the DD account is needs to come out and say it.

That was me, but I’m just a new guy.

• @IndyHawk we are glad you are here, both of you!