Is This For Real?

• About 50 times during the basketball game Saturday night, I heard the announcers say that Kansas 48 game home winning streak was at stake. Why? How? The Sprint Center is not our home court. Is there anyone else that does not like this idea?

• @nuleafjhawk That puzzled the wife and I, also. Was explained that KU was the designated “home” squad, although on neutral site. If a Big 12 Tourney game or NCAA Regional game at Sprint Center, we would not officially be designated as the “home” team, as I understand the delineation. Anyway, gave cause for halftime concern, as we traipsed to the locker room not in the lead.

• I guess they are differentiating between a home game win streak and a home court win streak. The Davidson game is included in the home-game package for season ticket holders

• Did you notice the big bird in the middle of the floor? I think it flew over from Lawrence but we’re lucky that one of the misery rednecks didn’t shoot it out of the sky.

I think we consider it a home game because we hosted that game. Even though it was played in another state.

Another thing I noticed the announcers kept calling it Phog Allen Fieldhouse. No KU fan calls it that. It doesn’t say that on the side of the building. It’s Allen Fieldhouse. Kind of a nitpicky criticism, but I must say I watched the 2nd half without sound and it was actually kind of nice.

• @wissox I think they put a wildcat down (not euthanized) on the court when they played there?

• The Sprint Center games can be included in the home win streak, but if KU losses there they can throw out all the Sprint Center games and just count the Allen Fieldhouse games. They are a way of padding numbers without consequence.

Mildly annoying: Phog Allen Fieldhouse

Historic Allen Fieldhouse

Self’s barn on the plains

Allen freakin Fieldhouse

Who cares, just win 'em all!?!

• Technically, this was officially a home game. I am not joking. I think it’s stupid. Right now the “home” winning streak is 49 games (not all Sprint games count because lol!) but the actual streak is 46.

• How on God’s green earth can KANSAS win a home game in the state of MISERY???

The very definition of asinine!!

• @dylans

The name is…Allen Fieldhouse, the Cathedral of Basketball. 'nough said.

• @Fightsongwriter said:

How on God’s green earth can KANSAS win a home game in the state of MISERY???

It is just a reflection of the fact that we own 'em in basketball.

• @nuleafjhawk Ya I heard that too, and thought this isn’t our home court. - -This is surposedly and UI fully realize but technicaly this is called a neutral court. But heard that this was scheduled as a home game so guess that’s where they were getting that from. That still wouldn’t be right, this is not Allen. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @REHawk BOY and I’m telling you it almost sounded like the one announcer was really pulling for Davidson - -almost willing them to a win and break the streak - -although that should bot of counted HAD we lost. - -thank goodness the guys came back anyways, but like you said he just kept sayin over and over and over - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @jayballer54

Nobody roots for Goliath - Wilt Chamberlain.