Has Anyone Seen Any Stats on What Percentage of Rebounds Are "Long Rebounds"?

• Has Anyone Seen Any Stats on What Percentage of Rebounds Are “Long Rebounds”?

I am looking for some QA premise for thinking that KU can go 4-1 and still control the defensive boards against Top 10 teams with two bigs to: a.) keep other teams from too many second shots; and b) let KU grab enough defensive rebounds to get out and run on the break.

• @jaybate-1.0 would it relate to 3’s taken? Somewhat?

• @jaybate-1.0 In theory, we should be able to run and shoot and rotate so well defensively that we make other teams play smaller. Right?

Our 6’8 guard should be able to score all day on their 6’9 big man. Again, in theory.

If that is the case, our lack of rebounding is only a problem if we also have a lack of scoring problem.

If we are looking for a similar comparison to ourselves though, Duke did something similar last season and it really didn’t pan out. As you said, they got out rebounded. And by a significant amount.

We do have an advantage over Duke because we have two 6’6-6’8 wings and a Frank who can rebound. We also have the capability to bang inside if need be. We can play two posts where Duke was stranded with a very lonely Plumlee brother after the Jefferson injury.

• @Kcmatt7 yet other teams have had smaller lineups and succeeded (Villanova, UConn, Butler and Oklahoma come to mind). Height and personnel wise, we are at no disadvantage this year. No excuses for not getting the job done.

• @HawkChamp I wasn’t really making a point. Just putting information out there. And I felt like Duke was the best comparison based on their personnel last season at the 4 and 5.

Personally, I think we will see this offense really come together down the stretch as long as we stay healthy. We just can’t panic while we are waiting for progression from several of our players.

• Josh - Speed of the game will be something that comes easier to him as we continue to play. I expect him to get much better as the season goes on. A couple upper 20 point games that he just dominates.
    • Udoka - Same thing mostly. Speed of the game is a lot to handle probably. Once he gets to where he can play 15+ mpg we should really start to take off.
    • Vick - He needs to learn what his role is. Most likely it will be just to hit 3s and create turnovers and NOT turn the ball over himself.
    • Bragg - Can he push himself to become a dominant rebounder that a 6’11 guy that is as athletic as he is should be? Something tells me we will get him there.