Kansas - Michigan State chat

• @tundrahok they had several right at key moments in the last 8 min and ended up getting a lot second chance pts. You could see the mo swing. I told my wife we were done with 7 to go

• @Bwag

Traylor 7 rebounds in 18 minutes, Lucas 7 rebounds in 14 minutes…How many did you expect them to have in those minutes?

• Goodnight !!!

• @Bwag Traylor actually looks better on the boards so far this year. Of course it’s only the second game, so stats don’t mean too much just yet with such a low sample size. But Traylor and Lucas had more boards/min this game than Bragg or Hunter (granted it’s hard to do much in 3 minutes).

Frustrating loss, regardless.

• @Eric-san said:

I don’t like the Champions Classic anymore. What is KU now 1-4?

Good thing Self won 1 NC. Otherwise, we’d be saying he doesn’t manage talent and big game situations well.

• @cragarhawk Our worst Rebounders wer in the game despite the actual numbers.

• @JayHawkFanToo said:

@Bwag

Traylor 7 rebounds in 18 minutes, Lucas 7 rebounds in 14 minutes…How many did you expect them to have in those minutes?

AND 8 points between the two of them. Do you disagree that they are our worst offensive options in the 5 verses Mick/Bragg?

• @cragarhawk Yes, it’s the way we ended the game that was most disappointing. MSU clearly wanted it more, greater heart and effort at the end.

• Every loss is frustrating. But I had marked this game rather than the first as a judge of improvement. Don’t see any so far. Nobody cares what ya can against the northern Colorados of the world. Blowing double digit leads… Irritates me to no GD end

• @JayHawkFanToo said:

@Bwag

What were Bragg/Mickelson minutes? I’m trying tofind that.

Want to find the EFF numbers.

• @Bwag I’m not arguing this point. At all

• This is something that I’m sure will be beat in to the ground over the next few days, but… It’s not that Traylor played bad. It’s not that Lucas played bad per se. It’s that what you see out of them tonight is their ceiling. Lucas is a ghost on both ends of the floor by and large, and Traylor has no offensive game and historically can’t rebound. Yet, Mickelson shows you what he’s capable of over the summer. He has a jump shot, he’s a rim protector, he can rebound, has a good feel for the game and a good b-ball IQ. Basically, he brings everything Traylor and Lucas do and more. So why not play him? Why on god’s green earth would you not play him? If you’re rewarding Traylor and Lucas for their time in the program, I’d like to remind you that Hunter is also a senior and should be rewarded for his commitment and dedication to KU.

• @Bwag

We were talking rebounding and since the numbers don’t fit your narrative now you switch to offense…

• KU lost because they can’t rebound plain and simple. You can’t be -7 on glass against MSU and expect to beat them.

This is why KU needs Diallo so badly. Even while he’s learning how to play offense and defense, he can be a rebounding monster like Robinson was.

I’d also like to know why Greene wasn’t in in the last couple of minutes when KU needed a 3? You don’t need his defense because you’re fouling anyway, but to leave your best shooter on the bench is just stupid.

• Let the criticism of Coach self begin…I am outta here…

• @JayHawkFanToo said:

@Bwag

We were talking rebounding and since the numbers don’t fit your narrative now you switch to offense…

The players play both offense and defense in BBall. Nature of the game.

Mick/Bragg mintutes were 14 combined. The same as Lucas alone.

Mick - 3 min Bragg - 11 min

I’d argue that Mick should be starting and taking Jamari’s 18 mintutes. I’d argue that we’d be even on RB and have more on Offense.

Give Bragg (for now) Lucas 11 minutes and what would we have? That is less clear at this point on RB (def) but certainly more offense. And more points win.

Let our less talented players- Mari and Lucas pick up the spot minutes.

I’ll bet our overall offense would run smoother and we’d see more efficiency.

Most importantly, not lose the fricken game.

• Lots of blame to go around. I personally blame Landen and/or the guy who made him play most of the game. That and our awesome “I’ll let you shoot” perimeter defense. Now I’m going to have a night cap and pretend we just didn’t blow another late lead to a team from Michigan.

• @MoonwalkMafia Mickelson, our best big of the Summer got 3 damn minutes.

Game, set match…

Self 1-4 in this series.

• Anyone is allowed to critique coach self or anyone else if they choose. Whether they are right or wrong. It’s mostly opinion anyways. Doesnt mean you have to buy it. My opinion. Izzo outcoached Self tonight. At in game adjustments minimum. And it was made apparent that Self had no counter when he crawled into his fetal position and began sucking his thumb… Text book self. When ya have no answer the answer must be to stick with only experienced guys and bring out the pound it inside and draw fouls game. Unfortunately it just happens far too often to not recognize it

• @joeloveshawks my son said and he was pretty close, that Bragg was pretty skinny and they were moving him around. Did u see that too?

• @Crimsonorblue22 not sure. I saw them score on Lucas repeatedly and Lucas can’t score and Bragg can. That’s what I don’t get. But hey, as I said, lots of blame to go around when you blow a game you controlled. Seems very similar to our last game against MSU in the Champions Classic??

• @Texas-Hawk-10 We also need rim protection and a big that can REALLY run the floor.

• @Red.Rooster He’s a choker.

• Thanks to superstition I won’t be here for anymore games discussions. It’ all right though judging by the hand ringing and mud slinging from one loss in November.

I remember when we used to talk about the great things that KU does…