Dec 23 Headlines: Break Means Gym Time

• Joy

####KU Sports: Break means gym time for KU####

Kansas University’s basketball players, who have headed home for four days worth of holiday cheer, will gather again Thursday for the first of many practices the next four weeks.

“We’ll practice a lot more. We’ll spend more time in the gym. We’ll have shooting practices, certainly do more film work,” KU coach Bill Self said.

####KU Sports: Tarik Black named Big 12 newcomer of the week####

Saturday’s monster game from senior forward Tarik Black produced the Kansas University men’s basketball program’s third Big 12 newcomer of the week honor in seven weeks.

Black, a transfer from Memphis, scored a career-high 17 points during the Jayhawks’ 86-64 victory over Georgetown at Allen Fieldhouse, KU’s first home game since Nov. 22.

####Wichita Eagle – Rustin Dodd: KU’s Andrew Wiggins followed Naismith’s path to Lawrence####

ALMONTE, Ontario — Here in this rural Canadian field, 100 feet from the old blue schoolhouse, James Naismith and his friends would play their favorite game: Duck on a Rock.

####CJOnline – Jesse Newell: Defensive switch sparks KU’s energy against Georgetown####

LAWRENCE — With a week to prepare for Georgetown, Kansas spent four practice days going over the Hoyas’ offense before Saturday’s 86-64 victory at Allen Fieldhouse.

####CJOnline – Jesse Newell: Recap: Free throws a reason for celebration and concern for KU####

Even without Perry Ellis (who left and didn’t return after getting elbowed to the neck in the second half), the Kansas frontcourt showed how dominant it could be against a Georgetown team that had defended the interior well until Saturday…

• Posted this on another thread since there wasn’t one for todays stories. Somebody with a KUSports account want to pass on some math for Jerry Bedore: 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 5

“I think you get better because of the time and all you’re doing is just focusing on basketball,” said Self, whose Jayhawks (8-3) will play two nonconference games (Toledo a week from today and San Diego State on Jan. 5) as well as four conference games (at Oklahoma on Jan. 8; Kansas State on Jan. 11; at Iowa State on Jan 13; Oklahoma State on Jan. 18; and Baylor on Jan. 20) before the start of the spring semester.

• @Kip_McSmithers I counted to five using the fingers of my right hand

• Travelled 15 hours on Saturday, big family event yesterday, I know we won, but it sounds like a I missed a lot with Saturdays game? Just guessing what I may have missed.

Joel became the first to shatter a backboard by blocking a shot through the glass?

Coach told his son to take off his uniform at a timeout and put it on himself and inserted himself during mop up time?

An extra fan snuck in and the official attendance was 16301?

It was such a rout the fans began the chant at the first TV timeout?

John Thompson gave his son a timeout for getting blown out?

Frank Mason actually met a shot he didn’t like?

Tarik paid a visit to Danny in Tulsa and got a refresher course on how to play the game?

The grinch was seen lurking near Georgetowns bench?

Perry got revenge for a cheap shot by sneaking out and letting the air out of the tires on the hoyas charter plane?

Wiggins still thought this was the Florida game when he threw the ball at a Georgetown player?

Jay Bilas forgot he had an L in his name?

Did I miss anything else?

• @Kip_McSmithers Hey Kip, thanks for the laugh. I think Jerry was the reason why Bedore was slipping. :o

• @wissoxfan83 Tarik was stranded in Tulsa and an impersonator took his place…

• @JayHawkFanToo So that’s the real story? I was wondering really!

• Black and Embiid go for a combined 9 of 9 from the field vs. Georgetown. Wow! Multiple blows to the face notwithstanding…

• @REHawk Hey, Oakville! You are wondering about the absence of Olivia Wilde at AFH this season? Word is that she might be protecting the hearing of an unborn infant.

• @REHawk Is Oakville finally here? Well, the full version of @JayBate was released just in time for Christmas. Can we at least have a glimpse of Oakville Beta 2?