COLE TWEETED THIS GREAT IDEA FOR VERY TALL TRAVELERS

• Many of us on this site used to play basketball and some of us made the team because of our height. As a teenager I used to love to fly to new places and I was thrilled when the Cute flight attendant asked me if I’d like a cocktail. I was under age and I asked ask for the most adult drink I could think of, so I confidently said, “I’ll have a martini.” It tasted nasty, but the second one tasted good.

Happy flying ended after 911 and being 6’4", flights became cramped and unappealing.

Cole shared this tweet today.

https://www.yahoo.com/travel/adjustable-plane-seat-could-mean-more-legroom-126353309062.html?soc_src=unv-sh&soc_trk=tw

• @wrwlumpy

Good idea, but problematic. I typically travel with my wife, who I am a healthy 9 inches taller than (maybe more). Do I get the extra leg room, or do they penalize me because my travel companion is short? Do they split us up to make the heights work?

• @wrwlumpy

Sounds good in theory but I just don’t see how it could be implemented without alienating travelers even more than they already do.

• @wrwlumpy

Since every single aspect of a commercial plane ride these days has fees involved, why not have recording devices on each chairs movements and charge passengers extra fees for extra leg room? Passengers could be screened ahead for what their preferences are so the seating could work best for the passengers.

If they want to charge me to take a pee… then might as well charge me for reclining or putting my entire seat backwards to gain leg room.

The best thing I’ve seen on all of this is the guy who designed a huge, full-length coat with huge pockets with zipper closes. It holds more than a big carry on and you don’t get nailed for the carry on.

• @drgnslayr

Forget the long coat.

Scottevest–started wearing their vests, and zippered sleeve convertible coats 6 years ago. Would never travel without one again. Carry a change of ultra light nylon shirt, ultralight nylon convertible pants, ultra light underwear, ultralight nylon rain hoody and micro dop kit fitted in the various pockets, so nothing shows and I still have pockets for my phone, passport and a paperback. I am good for 2-3 days on the road with no bag. If I am traveling a few weeks, I add three sets of same clothes in different colors rolled into a tight tube, a pair of shoes and a second micro dop kit and an iPad in a small Rick Steves or Eagle Creek ultralight roll aboard/backpack, box it and Fed Ex or mail it to a hotel I will be staying at overseas. I don’t carry luggage through airports and security and on planes and customs anymore unless I have to. No need. No point. Scottevest and ultra light petro fabrics make it a snap. If you are an anal-paranoid, keep a backup pack boxed at a friend’s back home with a filled out fed ex bill and if your first boxed pack gets lost or wrecked in shipping, email the friend to overnight or 3 day another. Or just go shopping locally. Ship the bag back home end of trip. Hands free travel!!!

• @jaybate-1.0

I always liked the idea of installing big ziploc bags in pockets. You can hit the all-you-can-eat buffets and take-away a couple of extra meals… already in ziploc and ready for the fridge.