KU ROSTER 2026-27
-
@rockchalkjayhawk I agree with you about the eligibility rules being ridiculous and that is a valid reason not to want Melvin back on principle. I also agree that he was not a good three point shooter. Your concern about his presence clogging the lane for Stokes is also valid, though it does have to be weighed against the positives Melvin would bring to the table.
Where you are wrong though, is in saying that Melvin could rarely make a layup or get to the rim. He was excellent at getting to the rim and good at finishing while there.
-
@Jayhawk_69 said in KU ROSTER 2026-27:
@rockchalkjayhawk I agree with you about the eligibility rules being ridiculous and that is a valid reason not to want Melvin back on principle. I also agree that he was not a good three point shooter. Your concern about his presence clogging the lane for Stokes is also valid, though it does have to be weighed against the positives Melvin would bring to the table.
Where you are wrong though, is in saying that Melvin could rarely make a layup or get to the rim. He was excellent at getting to the rim and good at finishing while there.
ha! a few points of agreement!
Thanks for that.I don't have any stats to back it up, but just what I recall watching last season (but backed by his low FG%). i didn't think he was good at getting to and finishing at the rim. i recall more than a few chicken-sh*t attempts that ended up in a whimper.
Again seems like a nice enough guy, but onward, please. I know i'm a broken record about Melvin. I'll shut up now. maybe.
-
@rockchalkjayhawk His low overall field goal percentage is not a product of him being bad a finishing at the rim. It is dragged down by the fact that his 3pt% was low and the fact that Council took way more desperation shots at the end of the shotclock than anyone else on the team (I will find a source to verify this later). I will see if I can hunt down his fg% at the rim.
-
was this the one where Bill Self praised Melvin? I thought it was a 6-21 night where he said "its the greatest 6-21 night i've ever seen" or something. This one was against Syracuse so I figured it was this one, even if it was 3-15, because Syracuse zone always dares people to shoot midrange shots.
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/boxscore/_/gameId/401817482
-
White has joined the fight to get a 5th yr. He is an added plaintiff in Indiana along with 89 others. Although it doesn't appear he entered the portal during the window needed in the spring and would need a ruling to open it up.
Ha
-
@BeddieKU23 not at KU?
-
I’m honestly over the old guys in college, just give 5 years to play 4 seasons and that it’s. Don’t need 27 year olds out there playing 19 and 20 year olds.
-
As promised, I found Melvin Council's shooting percentage at the rim. It was 53.8, which is not elite but not terrible either.
https://hoop-explorer.com/PlayerCareer?ncaaId=5177301&tablePreset=ClassicPer50Detailed&
It is important to remember it would have probably been higher if Council were not the guy we always asked to try to score in late shotclock situations. As promised, I found a source corroborating this as well:
-
No he's not on campus or registered for classes. Imagine his specific case while part of the larger plaintiff suit is very unlikely to yield a positive result. He needs too much to go his way from what i see
-
I agree that the old guys need to move on.
I also believe the NCAA made this mess possible with how they changed the rules suddenly again. Lawsuits were always going to test any rules put in place because there's an established history of courts overruling them.
-
@kjayhawks2.0 Its all about $$$$$$
-
@BeddieKU23 said in KU ROSTER 2026-27:
I agree that the old guys need to move on.
The problem is the young guys move on too.
Too much movement all around to follow who is on the team each year. Sad.
-
@BigBad said in KU ROSTER 2026-27:
@BeddieKU23 said in KU ROSTER 2026-27:
I agree that the old guys need to move on.
The problem is the young guys move on too.
Too much movement all around to follow who is on the team each year. Sad.
Yea, the times are a changin.
It’s remarkable that the powers that be can’t see they are losing die hard fans like us.
-
Tre White was granted a preliminary injunction for a 5th year. Along with many others such as Jayden Dawson, Tamin Lipsey, Riley Kugel, Malik Reneau of note to KU Fans.
The circus continues.
-
Council has his hearing shortly
-
@BeddieKU23 said in KU ROSTER 2026-27:
Tre White was granted a preliminary injunction for a 5th year. Along with many others such as Jayden Dawson, Tamin Lipsey, Riley Kugel, Malik Reneau of note to KU Fans.
The circus continues.
ha. wouldn't that be crazy if after all this NCAA lawsuit garbage, the only guy Self brought back was Jayden Dawson!!!???
-
The hell with it... time to bring science into D1. For next year... each team is allowed two robots (height restricted to 7'). Each team is allowed two legacy players, including DNA-built guys who already died but now reanimated. Finally, I get to see Wilt play for Kansas!
-
@drgnslayr said in KU ROSTER 2026-27:
The hell with it... time to bring science into D1. For next year... each team is allowed two robots (height restricted to 7'). Each team is allowed two legacy players, including DNA-built guys who already died but now reanimated. Finally, I get to see Wilt play for Kansas!
I like it! But Sadly The NCAA will want to limit who the robots can be programmed like. Only one Danny Manning per roster!
-
said in KU ROSTER 2026-27:
Council has his hearing shortly
A ruling was delayed on his case. Could come any day from the judge
-
It seems likely White will return. That's an even bigger add then Council if it happens and he is able to remain eligible