Looking at next yrs roster possibility

• Mercy, things like Jackson and portal, and graduation is why I’m glad I never went into Coaching career. Now let’s see we have what 13 Scholarships that we have for the team is that right? Scholarship players right ?

Soo let’s see we have right now our non Scholarship players who this doesn’t pertain to : Evans , Cross , Cassidy , Carter , & Wilhite, not part of the equation.

Then we have this years Seniors and also transfers or possible transfers we have five of them : Braun Sr - McCullar Sr- - Timberlake Sr - then you have Jackson ( Portal ) - -Clemence ? - Probable ( Portal ) -I put him yes - - and MAYBE - MAYBE McDowell portal possible- I’ll put him both ways and figure it out later. Then possible Hunter not coming back - -but probably will.

So as far as returners we have : - -KJ Adams - - -Juan Harris - - Furphy - - Hunter possible- -McDowell ?- -possible & our three Freshmen.

So let’s look IF HUNTER DOES LEAVE -IF MCDOWELL DOES LEAVE - -IF FURPHY DOES LEAVE , right now we would have Adams & Harris and three freshmen -for a total of five Scholarship players on the roster – we would have what 8 possible ? - -I said possible to give out - DAM

Now let’s say we have KJ - - -Juan - - Hunter – Mcdowell - -& Furphy - & the three freshmen - -which is the way I see it going - -we will have Five to give out. Either way Coach has his work cut out for him

• @jayballer67 - Isn’t Furphy an unknown at this point, or did I miss a declaration to return? He may go pro. And, doesn’t KU have to give up one more scholly?

• @Gorilla72 said in Looking at next yrs roster possibility:

@jayballer67 - Isn’t Furphy an unknown at this point, or did I miss a declaration to return? He may go pro. And, doesn’t KU have to give up one more scholly?

I think they are now good with that- -although I wouldn’t take it to the bank, not rock solid sure. As far as Johnny I don’t really think much discussion on him has been made yet, if he will stay or go. My gut just thinks a good possibility he comes back for one more year. — If nothing else he needs to add some girth / strength to go against NBA players

• @jayballer67 There is one more scholarship that KU must forfeit sometime over the next two seasons. If there are 8 spots to fill that might be a good time to get the penalty taken care of.

• I think we have a good idea on who is leaning where. Hunter- likely staying put

Juan- staying

KJ- Staying

Kevin- out of eligibility

Furphy- 70/30 is what I’m hearing about him staying

Timberlake- out of eligibility

Elmarko- portal

Mari- Portal

Braun- out of eligibility

Zach- portal, silly to waste him because he’s better than Braun but it was an agreement between him and Self he would be redshirted, then leave.

We know this team will look completely different next season. Hopefully for the better, the best case scenario is to find a few shooters in the portal with whom we have already signed. I still think playing 4 out 1 in we could look at lot like the good teams with doke at center.

• @kjayhawks - why are you thinking Zack would leave after red-shirting?

• @Gorilla72 I’ve heard that’s the deal idk @BShark can you confirm or deny such?

• @kjayhawks said in Looking at next yrs roster possibility:

@Gorilla72 I’ve heard that’s the deal idk @BShark can you confirm or deny such?

I would be STUNNED if Zach is on the roster next year. Rumor is the staff has been working with him in practice to get stuff on tape for possible suitors so he can hopefully end up at a solid program.

• @BShark I honestly think he could’ve been helpful had they took red shirt a few months ago. But I applaud Self give him the chance to come back. I think it was a high character move that he didn’t have to do.

• @kjayhawks I do believe he would have been better than Parker but yeah it is what it is.

People love to crap on Self for stuff and by all means I was not a fan of the Arterio signing but he definitely cares about the kids to some extent. We have him helping out Zach here and then we also see Tech and Illinois playing players through allegations. Self could have tried that with Arterio and I’m glad he did not.

• @BShark ya he has had a few guys that must of been terrible because he didn’t support them at all. Sam Cunliffe said Bill was one of the first guys to reach out after him and Evansville beat UK. He was at Silvio’s wedding, I think once he cares he always does to an extent.