Easy Listen KU Podcast with /Drew Gooden

• Hey, you guys ought to check out the JayHawker Podcast with Greg Gurley & Wayne Simeon had their guest and was Drew Gooden. Very enlightening easy on the ears. Was nice to hear them talk about some things, Drew is just such a seems like such a laid back guy, talking about different things0 Forty One minute podcast. He is going to be at the g ame tonight against UCF as he lives in Florida now

Very entertaining Podcast. Couple of things they discussed was informative they were talking about : - -One was they were saying that KU needed to get that California pipeline going again and talking about some of the past players that came from California to play at KU. Then they was trying to figure the last player that came from there anyone know ? - -They came up with it was Omar Wilkes lol.

Another thing that was mentioned Greg ask Drew about NIL and how much he thought he would get if he was there now and his thoughts on the NIL, and they got to talking about and THIS just shows how stupid I am cause I had no idea they got this BUT they were talking about how excited that when like Wayne & Greg & Drew played how excited when they got when they got their 392.00 dollar Scholarship money. I had NO IDEA they got any kind of money being on a full athletic ride. - -goes to show how much I know.

If you all get a chance, looking for something – check it out , really good podcast. It’s on the KU Athletics . Com site under the Jay Hawker podcast , easy fun listen

• @jayballer67 said in Easy Listen KU Podcast with /Drew Gooden:

I had NO IDEA they got any kind of money being on a full athletic ride.

The NCAA relaxed their rules before NIL to allow schools to provide “full cost of attendance” because kids on full scholarship had no additional money to pay for housing during holiday breaks (if dorms were closed) or to travel home, let alone reasonable spending money for when school cafeterias were closed. KU probably had less problems than schools without secial athlete housing. Still, $397 for a school year ain’t much.

As I recall, it was an attempt to forestall the clamor to allow kids to earn whatever they could. Obviously, too little flexibility by NCAA, and too late.

I am sure our three-headed board of experts in this stuff can give a more accurate rendition!

• @mayjay said in Easy Listen KU Podcast with /Drew Gooden:

@jayballer67 said in Easy Listen KU Podcast with /Drew Gooden:

I had NO IDEA they got any kind of money being on a full athletic ride.

The NCAA relaxed their rules before NIL to allow schools to provide “full cost of attendance” because kids on full scholarship had no additional money to pay for housing during holiday breaks (if dorms were closed) or to travel home, let alone reasonable spending money for when school cafeterias were closed. KU probably had less problems than schools without secial athlete housing. Still, $397 for a school year ain’t much.

As I recall, it was an attempt to forestall the clamor to allow kids to earn whatever they could. Obviously, too little flexibility by NCAA, and too late.

I am sure our three-headed board of experts in this stuff can give a more accurate rendition!

ya I agree with you, I thought 392 dollars -Wow that isn’t anything to live on. Sure they are on a full ride athletic wise but otherwise it was peanuts. I mean sure we are talking like they said what - -1990’s things have come a long ways but man - -just really surprised me. -I really enjoyed listening to Drew and his life time experiences and how ell he still connected as they put it - -the brotherhood of KU