Targeting

• I have a simple solution to targeting. Take off the helmets and see how many people lead with their heads.

• You don’t have to lead with the helmet for it to be targeting. COBE’s targeting wasn’t remotely close to leading with his helmet but deemed avoidable contact to the receivers head and neck. The football world is so much different than when I played. Not saying it’s all bad for the sport but much like Cobe did Friday as a safety I was always told to light up anyone that thought they could catch the ball in the slot.

• Getting players killed sounds amazing lets do it

• @FarmerJayhawk At this point yes. But the premise overall is actually good. The upgrading of equipment, particularly the helmet has allowed players to get increasingly more comfortable using the head and helmet as a weapon rather than an area to be protected.

• The 1st one called on Booker WAS NOT targeting, not even close. What w use to call those was just a plain ol right down kick ass SLOBBER KNOCKEER - he just flat pancaked Altmeyer - -square hit- - just drilled him - total BS call

• @jayballer67

The Booker one was a bad call because he even got his head out to the side to make the hit. He hit him squarely, but legally. I can understand the call on Bryant. I can’t understand the one on Booker.

• @justanotherfan said in Targeting:

@jayballer67

The Booker one was a bad call because he even got his head out to the side to make the hit. He hit him squarely, but legally. I can understand the call on Bryant. I can’t understand the one on Booker.

Agree if there was targeting - it was on Jacobee , but sure the heck not Booker - he just laid a shot on Altmeyer plain & simple, love his play physical. Good things coming from him