Northwestern Hazing Issues

• Northwestern has just announced that they have fired Pat Fitzgerald over this issue of hazing within the Northwestern football program.

Normally, I would post this in the General Discussion chat as it isn’t specifically a KU football issue. I’m posting here though because I’m wondering if someone with more connections could explain if current KU Athletic Director Travis Goff could get dragged I to this at some point due to him being an Athletic Director at Northwestern prior to coming to KU.

I doubt Goff will be dragged into this as his role at Northwestern was basically overseeing the fundraising and renovations/construction of new facilities for Northwestern.

Considering what we just went through with football a couple of years ago with Les Miles and Jeff Long, this is something that definitely caught my attention because of Goff’s previous ties to Northwestern while these events were happening.

• Big news around these parts. News broke yesterday of major problems with their baseball coach as well. He’s a total A hole (LOL, I can’t bring myself to use profane language!), has lost about half his team to transfers. Not any hazing type things. Just an explosive ego maniac who doesn’t like to work hard relying on his assistant coaches and then reaming them out when things don’t work out right. Players learn the signs and then he doesn’t but argues with the guys when they ‘miss a sign’. The AD is under the gun too as he hired the guy, but actually let basically two boosters find the guy. The previous AD lasted 9 days after it was discovered that he was named in a lawsuit with sexual harrassment of cheerleaders. They were expected to show up at fund raising soiree’s and some of the big donors would fondle them and grab their behind, you know like our former president used to do.

Hard to believe that a premier academic institution could be undergoing all of this. The Badgers just flipped a three star from NU today who is also the 2nd ranked HWT wrestler in the country and he plans to wrestle after football is over. I’m guessing Leipold is watching the news from Evanston closely hoping to bag some smart kids who can play.

• I haven’t heard anything, but I really doubt it. There’s no evidence any player went out of the football program to blow the whistle. If it’s one of those “should’ve known anyway” situations, Jim Phillips would be the first head to roll.

• @FarmerJayhawk A little confused by your post. What are you doubting?

• @wissox hazards of writing after a long day! I doubt Goff knew anything about it since no player went to the AD and the investigation didn’t get going until after he left.

• This hazing issue keeps on growing, a few lawsuits have been filed. Their athletic department is under investigation.