Henry T’s

• Just saw that Henry T’s is closing. Might get a new location though. Wonder where they will do Hawk Talk?

• I’m not sure how long ago it’s been since Hawk Talk was at Henry T’s… 30 years?

Roy was doing it at AppleBees when I left Larryville in '96. When I moved back in 2010 it was at Salty Iguana. Last few years it’s been at Johnny’s West.

I will also say that I’ve given Henry T’s many many chances since 2010, and they’ve let me down nearly every time.

Edited to add: Yankee Tank Beers were pretty good though, but they shut down in April.

• @DanR said in Henry T’s:

I’m not sure how long ago it’s been since Hawk Talk was at Henry T’s… 30 years?

Roy was doing it at AppleBees when I left Larryville in '96. When I moved back in 2010 it was at Salty Iguana. Last few years it’s been at Johnny’s West.

I will also say that I’ve given Henry T’s many many chances since 2010, and they’ve let me down nearly every time.

Edited to add: Yankee Tank Beers were pretty good though, but they shut down in April.

Coach Bonnie did her Hawk Talk show from there. One of my study groups used to meet there on occasion and a couple of times she was doing her show so it hosted a Hawk Talk 7-8 years ago or however long ago it was that she was here.

• Went a couple times, never thought it was anything special. Much preferred downtown joints like Burger Stand, Dempsey’s, and Free State. I get why they don’t but a downtown Hawk Talk would be pretty cool.

• @FarmerJayhawk said in Henry T’s:

Went a couple times, never thought it was anything special. Much preferred downtown joints like Burger Stand, Dempsey’s, and Free State. I get why they don’t but a downtown Hawk Talk would be pretty cool.

Downtown is BRUTAL these days.

• @BShark great. Just got a house right off downtown yay. At least my fav (the Lyon) is still there

• Gonna be real honest. I preferred the sand bar. Henry T’s was boring. The bar scene in Lawrence is a bit … young for me.

• @dylans $2 Tuesdays at Sandbar were dangerous 😂

• @BShark what’s going on downtown? I haven’t had much time but to run up to games and back here the last couple of years. I’ve always enjoyed the burger stand, Free State and Jefferson’s. I think everytime I go to Jefferson’s I run into a basketball player a couple of summers ago Mitch lightfoot sat down and talked with us for a good 20 minutes. I did have a beer with Tarik Black at BWW one time after a game.

• @kjayhawks Homeless situation is out of control.

• I’m not telling y’all the places I like to go. Getting too crowded as it is.

• @DanR dang I didn’t know The Outhouse was that popular 😏

• @FarmerJayhawk I’ve been there many times (when it was the hot spot for live music in the 90s). Still have nightmares about the restroom. Three lines: Sink… toilet… drain in the floor. All overflowing.

• @DanR that’s not nice lol