Well if this is true, for sure not a good look for the University

• This isn’t a good look if true. - - This comes from College Sports Corner. Formerly The Real NCAA Talk.

According to the Article Frank Mason III says , his collegiate awards are being auctioned off by his Alma Mater without his consent.

The Article says the former Kansas star won the Bob Cousy award , Big 12 Player of the Year, First team All American , and the College Player of the Year award, along with 4 straight Big 12 titles.

All of the awards are set to be auctioned off this month despite Franks appeal to the University.

WTF - if this is true , then it’s total BS on the University’s part , NOT a good look at all. and like some comments below the Atricle said , and yet people think KU cares about their players. - Um ya if this is right, then they are total crap. - -Seriously your doing this to a kid that gave 1000% to play for the University and this is how we repay him? - - Really ? - I hope this isn’t right.- -makes me lose respect for the Basketball program

OK Whew so an update have seen - evidently these items were in some storage unit and a sports memorabilia company bought his storage unit and is trying to Auction off his stuff seeing how as Frank hasn’t been making his storage payments, Like another said if Anything his alma mater would step up and take care of it - -WHEW that’s a relief thought that was really kind of a really weird look - just really couldn’t see that happening

• I don’t know anything about this, but just for giggles let’s remember that Frank has been gone 6 years. What if the University has made numerous attempts to ask Frank to get his stuff or they would get rid of it for him? After one year that might be unreasonable, but not after six.

• @jayballer67 KU isn’t why his stuff is going to auction, that is a total click bait, bullshit title from whichever site you’re looking at that posted it.

Frank’s own social media accounts explain what happened and ot once was KU mentioned as being involved in this situation.

Frank had his stuff in storage in Sacramento while he was playing in France. His unit didn’t get paid at some point and stuff went to auction. It’s sadly a fairly common occurrence for stuff like this to happen where someone loses their storage unit while overseas. He probably had it set to autopay with an account, that account got updated, changed, etc. and payments stopped and after awhile, his unit was sold off.

• @Texas-Hawk-10 said in Well if this is true, for sure not a good look for the University:

@jayballer67 KU isn’t why his stuff is going to auction, that is a total click bait, bullshit title from whichever site you’re looking at that posted it.

Frank’s own social media accounts explain what happened and ot once was KU mentioned as being involved in this situation.

Frank had his stuff in storage in Sacramento while he was playing in France. His unit didn’t get paid at some point and stuff went to auction. It’s sadly a fairly common occurrence for stuff like this to happen where someone loses their storage unit while overseas. He probably had it set to autopay with an account, that account got updated, changed, etc. and payments stopped and after awhile, his unit was sold off.

that’s why I edited the post saying just the same as you did, about the storage unit and not being paid

• Someone call David Booth

• @approxinfinity said in Well if this is true, for sure not a good look for the University:

Someone call David Booth

it’s not KU - -it’s all about some storage unit and some sports memorabilia wanting to buy it as the units fees hasn’t been played. nothing to do with KU at all I found out so edited the post- -still looks like Frank gonna lose his stuff

• Surely there’s decent people out there!