B12 Non-Conference Performance

• The non-conference schedule has mostly wrapped up. The B12 has again demonstrated that it is the best conference top to bottom. There are no bad teams, which is not something that any other conference can claim. All B12 teams are ranked in the top 52 on KenPom. Collective record at this point: 96-19 for a 83% winning percentage.

Having said that, without going back and comparing games from the past few years, my sense is that the B12 hasn’t been quite as strong this year as in past years, but that is at the margins. I don’t recall that any conference had any bad losses last year, but there are at least 3 this year - NW St., Sam Houston, and SIU (although all 1 point games). And, the B10 and SEC arguably have a better collection of really top tier wins, although the B12 does have a few. All B12 teams have at least one quality win, with the exceptions of TTU and OSU. And, 15 of the 19 losses would all qualify as “good” losses.

KU Quad 1 wins are Duke, Wisconsin, Mizzou and NC State. Best wins for others: KSU - LSU TCU - Iowa, Providence, Utah UT - Gonzaga, Creighton (?) WVU - FLA Baylor - Gonzaga, UCLA ISU - UNC, Villanova, St. John’s OU - FLA, Ole Miss

The question is whether the B12 is as strong at the top this year? Is the SEC the strongest at the top - Alabama, Arkansas (at least without the injuries), Tennessee, Auburn, and Kentucky?

• @DCHawker said in B12 Non-Conference Performance:

The non-conference schedule has mostly wrapped up. The B12 has again demonstrated that it is the best conference top to bottom. There are no bad teams, which is not something that any other conference can claim. All B12 teams are ranked in the top 52 on KenPom. Collective record at this point: 96-19 for a 83% winning percentage.

Having said that, without going back and comparing games from the past few years, my sense is that the B12 hasn’t been quite as strong this year as in past years, but that is at the margins. I don’t recall that any conference had any bad losses last year, but there are at least 3 this year - NW St., Sam Houston, and SIU (although all 1 point games). And, the B10 and SEC arguably have a better collection of really top tier wins, although the B12 does have a few. All B12 teams have at least one quality win, with the exceptions of TTU and OSU. And, 15 of the 19 losses would all qualify as “good” losses.

KU Quad 1 wins are Duke, Wisconsin, Mizzou and NC State. Best wins for others: KSU - LSU TCU - Iowa, Providence, Utah UT - Gonzaga, Creighton (?) WVU - FLA Baylor - Gonzaga, UCLA ISU - UNC, Villanova, St. John’s OU - FLA, Ole Miss

The question is whether the B12 is as strong at the top this year? Is the SEC the strongest at the top - Alabama, Arkansas (at least without the injuries), Tennessee, Auburn, and Kentucky?

Right now, Sam Houston is ranked 20th in NET rankings so based on quadrants, they’re considered a quality loss right now. Also, you missed Indiana as a quad 1 win for KU.