BOWL THREAD

• @Kcmatt7 said in BOWL THREAD:

Instant classic. Bummer to end up on the losing side.

Just the start of one of the best stretches of KU Football history incoming. You can sense it.

iT’S COMING BABY WE ARE NOT A KICKING BAG ANY MORE WE ARE WEWLL ON OUR WAY BACK - - jALEN 544 YARDS PASSING

• This game will be a classic for a long long long time - no quit in these guys - -were gonna be all right sure it hurts but MAN what a game

• THAT’S WHY YOU PLAY FOUR QUARTERS! This comeback is going to inspire the hell out of the program. Not to mention a boon to our recruiting. REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT YEAR. RCJH !!!

• Well. At least it was fun!

• @nwhawkfan said in BOWL THREAD:

THAT’S WHY YOU PLAY FOUR QUARTERS! This comeback is going to inspire the hell out of the program. Not to mention a boon to our recruiting. REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT YEAR. RCJH !!!

I am so proud of these guys - my God what a game , no way can you be mad - -trailing 38-13 - pat KU teams would of rolled over and it would of been a rout. really looking forward. We could have Jalen back for two years if he wanted. mercy 544 yards he overcame a bad start and really turned it on.

This is a game that will be talked about for a long time

• @approxinfinity said in BOWL THREAD:

Bean didnt see 89 wide open. Great game

Bean could’ve ran in himself, so disappointing, but amazing comeback tonight.

• Good news is this team has a lot of room for growth and showed a lot of potential. How many games this year did they take themselves out of with decision making and untimely turnovers? Only really outclassed talent wise in the Texas and Oklahoma games. This won’t be Lance’s last bowl game.

• Things I learned from whomever the color commentator was. KU receiver gets obviously interferred with and Mr. SEC announcer says it wasn’t, kept going on and on.

When we scored in the last minute and we were down by two, he informed us KU is going to have to go for 2 here.

Other than the announcer, I had a miracle myself. I was at my daughters in Minnesota, new we wouldn’t be able to make it home in time for the start of the game so I figured out how to record the game and had the foresight to record the next game for the inevitable game overlap.

The two turnovers were deadly. We win if Jalen doesn’t make a really bad throw and the kick returner doesn’t fumble.

Lance Liepold will have a statue someday.

Glad we’re getting Jalon back. Hopefully we get a defense next year because our D was pourous.

Like others I was a little miffed by the last minute call. It was a bit strange to take it out of Jalon’s hands.

• OJ Burroughs was defensive player and Jalon offensive. Gave the trophies in post game.

• Three biggest things for KU to work on during the off-season is limiting self inflicted mistakes, getting off to a quicker start, and most importantly, keep building the depth on defense.

That 5-6 minute stretch at the end of the 1st quarter is what absolutely killed KU tonight. Probably a 21 point swing during that stretch with the fumbled kickoff and first pick. KU was driving as Arkansas hadn’t showed an ability to stop KU to that point so KU probably scores a TD on that drive.

• @benshawks08 said in BOWL THREAD:

Big opportunity for JD to show just how clutch he is.

Just patting myself on the back for this one. We gotta good one and he’s ours at least one more year!

• Earlier in the game we went for a two point conversion and failed. All things being equal, if we kick the extra point, we win in regulation by one.

• @Hawk69 Yeah. I know Bean is beating himself up, but he would never have been in that position if it weren’t for all the turnovers.

Now I’m hoping that there are 108 points scored in the Sugar Bowl on Saturday. All by Alabama. ROLL TIDE!!

• @wissox said in BOWL THREAD:

Things I learned from whomever the color commentator was. KU receiver gets obviously interferred with and Mr. SEC announcer says it wasn’t, kept going on and on.

When we scored in the last minute and we were down by two, he informed us KU is going to have to go for 2 here.

Other than the announcer, I had a miracle myself. I was at my daughters in Minnesota, new we wouldn’t be able to make it home in time for the start of the game so I figured out how to record the game and had the foresight to record the next game for the inevitable game overlap.

The two turnovers were deadly. We win if Jalen doesn’t make a really bad throw and the kick returner doesn’t fumble.

Lance Liepold will have a statue someday.

Glad we’re getting Jalon back. Hopefully we get a defense next year because our D was pourous.

Like others I was a little miffed by the last minute call. It was a bit strange to take it out of Jalon’s hands.

Here’s the thing with the last play, the play worked as designed as KU had a wide open receiver and Bean likely could’ve ran in himself. I also don’t think it was a bad play call because Arkansas absolutely expected Daniels to keep it. We’ve also criticized the play calling being too conservative in key situations this season and that was definitely not a conservative play call with the game on the line.

• @Texas-Hawk-10 Ok, so maybe play call was the wrong term, but taking the ball out of Jalon’s hands was the call I was referring to. You’re right, the play seemed to work correctly, but since Jalon had executed so well I’m just a bit surprised he wasn’t the one with the task of tying it up.

• @wissox agree but he had also gotten his bell rung pretty bad in OT, looked like. I was surprised like you, especially since Bean seemed to take a few games to knock the rust off as starter and had made poor reads in pressure situations this year, wasnt expecting him to make a read on the most important play of the year.

• My note to a Silo Tech fan:

No whining if you lose. No rushing the field if you win. Act like you’ve been there before. Tuck your shirt in- no agriculture references. Remove the pocket protector. ( Trying to help lil bro as he enters a rare moment in the spotlight).

Signed,

KU

• UH OH. not sure but I THINK - - I THINK - - I THINK MAYBE , JUST MAYBE there has been a Bryce Young sighting

• TCU with probably the biggest win in school history upsetting Michigan in the Fiesta Bowl to advance to the National Championship game in a thriller.

• Pssst , Pssst - - Hey Michigan. - – TCU says Hello… – Michigan had been only giving up 13.4 ppg this year - -TCU scores 51. - - TCU has 11 TFL’S for loss - - hmmmm

• @jayballer67 said in BOWL THREAD:

Pssst , Pssst - - Hey Michigan. - – TCU says Hello… – Michigan had been only giving up 13.4 ppg this year - -TCU scores 51. - - TCU has 11 TFL’S for loss - - hmmmm

Is there anything worse than a crying UM fan? It’s right up there with Missourah fans.

• Crappy BIG offenses make the defenses of Michigan and Ohio State look better than they are.

• @BShark One of my summer helpers was an SEC fan - she wanted to know if we played any defense in the Big12. -nope

• With just one game to go, it’s been a pretty weak postseason overall for the Big 12, save TCU. (And of course, there’s that 25-point Jayhawk comeback…)

The MAC has the best record, though really, no conference has looked dominant. Parity of a sort.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/2022-23-college-football-bowl-records-by-conference-mac-aac-reign-as-big-12-disappoints-except-for TCU/