Halloween Weekend Games

• What the hell is happening in Manhattan? 35-0 KSU at halftime with a backup QB. They might be a much better team with Howard at QB than Martinez. KSU built their lead against TCU with Howard also.

Also, Ohio St. looked beatable today against PSU. That game against Michigan is looking like it could be a CFP elimination game again this year.

TCU still looks on track to challenge for a playoff berth surviving against WVU. Their two toughest games left are each on the road at Texas and then Baylor so not a guarantee they go undefeated because they’ve been playing with fire having had to come from behind in 3 of their last 4 games.

• Louisville absolutely went off on Wake Forest in the 3rd quarter scoring 35 points after trailing by one at halftime.

Oklahoma St. also completely no showed today getting shut out 48-0 by KSU.

• @Texas-Hawk-1 Couldn’t agree more about K/State - – MY GOD no way did I ever see that coming , I can’t believe anybody seen this coming. - Just total domination- - both sides of the ball – K/State has a Nasty Aggressive Defense. -When they hit you - -they hit you. - -just a very solid ball club a much as it hurts to say it

• Looking at the current B12 standings on ESPN and noticed a weird anomaly in the standings. How many time has a team led a conference in scoring defense, but is winless in league play 5 games in? That’s exactly what ISU has done so far. They’ve only allowed 106 points through 5 games for basically 21 points allowed per game.

So when I’ve said they’re the best defense in the Big 12, I mean that because what that unit has done has been incredible considering just how terrible their offense has been so far only scoring 78 points through 5 Big 12 games.

KU’s defense as much as we’ve ripped it recently is still 7th in scoring defense in the league and better than OSU’s scoring defense so maybe the defense is doing a little bit better than we think. The defense is also 17th nationally in turnovers forced so that’s another positive to build off of.

OSU isn’t a terrible match up for KU like normal because their defense is far below what it normally is and their secondary is actually worse than KU’s.

• @Texas-Hawk-10 said in Halloween Weekend Games:

Looking at the current B12 standings on ESPN and noticed a weird anomaly in the standings. How many time has a team led a conference in scoring defense, but is winless in league play 5 games in? That’s exactly what ISU has done so far. They’ve only allowed 106 points through 5 games for basically 21 points allowed per game.

So when I’ve said they’re the best defense in the Big 12, I mean that because what that unit has done has been incredible considering just how terrible their offense has been so far only scoring 78 points through 5 Big 12 games.

KU’s defense as much as we’ve ripped it recently is still 7th in scoring defense in the league and better than OSU’s scoring defense so maybe the defense is doing a little bit better than we think. The defense is also 17th nationally in turnovers forced so that’s another positive to build off of.

OSU isn’t a terrible match up for KU like normal because their defense is far below what it normally is and their secondary is actually worse than KU’s.

Agree, yet every time I get my hopes up - - bad things happen. - -Saunders landed pretty hard on his shoulder and left the game - -possible Injury ? - -they were talking some about it. - -Just stunning what KSU did to them. - -I still look at Texas Techa dn still beleive we can play with them also - they really don’t impress me that much. - -Would be Christmas if Jalen could be back Saturday -but begginning to wonder

• So KU plays OU after Texas demolished them. Now KU gets OSU after K-State ran OSU out of the stadium. Looks like a revenge game for OSU?

• The former 5-star OT Logan Brown who was dismissed from Wisconsin just transferred to Kansas

• @KirkIsMyHinrich said in Halloween Weekend Games:

The former 5-star OT Logan Brown who was dismissed from Wisconsin just transferred to Kansas

From what I rea think it said he was the # 1 ranked OT in the Nation coming out of High School and the # 7 player over all

• @jayballer67 Don’t think we ever had a 1 overall. He did hit a guy in practice and after a few unproductive years he was gone.

• Someone created a separate thread. Logan has nothing to do with the fb games this weekend, so maybe mods move it to there?.

• @wissox said in Halloween Weekend Games:

@jayballer67 Don’t think we ever had a 1 overall. He did hit a guy in practice and after a few unproductive years he was gone.

Ahh see , I haadn’t read or seen that. I read where the Coach was dismissed and shortly after he entered the portal but - -Coach won’t put up with that for anytime I’m sure had to make sure that got straight I’m sure lol. - -NoI don’t think we have either. - -I don’t think the program ha ever had a five star player before. - -Just wondering si he won’t be eligible till next year right ?- -Cause really at this point of the season it would almost be a waste if he was able to come in and play from the get go.