KU Women's Hoops

• With the KU women’s team having its best season in years, it’s about time they had their own thread on this board.

Seeing their efforts mentioned in “Non-KU Games” comes across as a tad insulting (if unintentional, considering there wasn’t a thread dedicated to them up to now).

After all, aren’t they as much Jayhawks as the men’s team?

Anyway, on to the game at hand tonight…

Iowa State is ranked ninth in the nation with a 22-4 record (11-3 in the Big XII). KU is 19-5 and 10-4 in conference. A win pretty much locks up a spot in the NCAA tourney and keeps them in the running for the conference title, with that men’s/women’s doubleheader at Baylor to follow next Saturday.

ISU is the first of four Top 20 teams KU has to face to close out the regular season. A tall order but not impossible, given their 7-game winning streak. They’re on a roll…might as well keep it rolling !

• @nwhawkfan - -That’s mainly me that’s been posting about the ladies in here, and if your truly reading my posts you would know that by far not trying to insult the ladies, I’ve followed them all year - hell I follow them every year. - -The reason I didn’t make a thread is wll you can see I just don’t think there is a lot of interest in how they do in this site - -but I care and they DO DESERVE some time & space they are doing really well.

Tough one tonight Iowa State is really the only one that man handled the ladies this year. We got Baylor again the ladies played them really close I think it was a 4 point loss. - - We beat Texas at Texas , and w actually led Oklahoma pretty much the entire game , just got away some in the end - -Tonight might g ugly I’m not holding my breath but you neve know other then that let’s roll the ball out there and let the ladies get after it.

We got some talent , our 6’6 Center Jackson cleans the glass , scores some , and solid shot blocker, our guard Franklin pretty good little guard , got a couple of pretty decent 3 pt shooters. - -Coach is finally doing something with his talent. - - another guard I believe her name is prather little scrapper.

So see your not the only one who follows our Ladies have to pull together for them - going to be sweet to have both the men and women in the NCAA’s - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• In the words of our long lost colleague Jaybate - no malice.

I know you’ve been a great supporter of the Jayhawk women. Just thought they deserved their own thread. Admittedly I followed them a lot more during my school days when Marian Washington was the coach, then later in the Bonnie Henrickson era. And I was a big time fan of Angela Aycock from her KU years to her pro career here in Seattle. (Last I heard she was a nun in Canada.) Not to mention Lynette Woodard of course.

I’m still amazed that Schneider is coaching after the poor record of the past few years. This looks like the breakthrough season though. Let’s hope this is the start of a long-lasting turnaround. RCJH !

• Tough night for the Hawks. ISU wins by 26.

Their guards shot the lights out from 3, especially in the 1st quarter. Meanwhile KU had trouble with layups early on and never really got going.

Winning streak ends at 7. Back at it next Saturday in Waco.

• @nwhawkfan said in KU Women's Hoops:

Tough night for the Hawks. ISU wins by 26.

Their guards shot the lights out from 3, especially in the 1st quarter. Meanwhile KU had trouble with layups early on and never really got going.

Winning streak ends at 7. Back at it next Saturday in Waco.

just incredible the way they drained 3’s especially in the 1st quarter. - First & Third quarters were the killers

• We’ll see how KU (women & men) fares today after ESPN Gameday hopped up the Baylor crowd this morning. Noticed that the latest women’s Bracketology moved the Hawks up to an 8 seed despite the ISU loss. KU holding their own so far.

• Not looking good for the Ladies, down 7 after 3 quarters, problem being have allowed Baylor to go on a couple of be scoring runs one of 13-2 and then had I beleive another 13 point run – just not looking good today

• Kept it close today but just couldn’t get over the hump. 85-77 Baylor.

Back home Wednesday for Senior Night vs. Texas.

• Ku Ladies up at the half against # 9 Texas- - 27- - 25 - -going for the sweep on Senior night , sure could use this win. - -Let’s go Ladies

• Couldn’t pull off the win. 70-60 Longhorns. KU headed in the wrong direction after losing their third straight.

One more at home against OU Saturday…yet another Top 10 team. Then the Big XII tourney where they’ll be the 5 seed.

• Their back end schedule is extremely heavy loaded, last four games against all ranked teams.

• Great win also for the Lady Jayhawks today - - 73 – 67 -over # - -19 Oklahoma in Norman - -the Ladies finished 20-8 -for the regular season and are the # 4 seed in the Big 1 Ladies tourney playing Friday. - – -Great job Ladies - -well done

• @jayballer67 said in KU Women's Hoops:

Great win also for the Lady Jayhawks today - - 73 – 67 -over # - -19 Oklahoma in Norman - -the Ladies finished 20-8 -for the regular season and are the # 4 seed in the Big 1 Ladies tourney playing Friday. - – -Great job Ladies - -well done

KU is the 5 seed and play OU again in the quartfinals.

• Very proud of KU Women BB team, great job.

• @Texas-Hawk-10 said in KU Women's Hoops:

@jayballer67 said in KU Women's Hoops:

Great win also for the Lady Jayhawks today - - 73 – 67 -over # - -19 Oklahoma in Norman - -the Ladies finished 20-8 -for the regular season and are the # 4 seed in the Big 1 Ladies tourney playing Friday. - – -Great job Ladies - -well done

KU is the 5 seed and play OU again in the quartfinals.

Uh Oh - - gonna be tough. But we played them fairly close the 1st time I believe - -beat them this time - -guess that’s why they play them out

• Brandon Schneider was named the Big 12 COY.

• @Texas-Hawk-10 said in KU Women's Hoops:

Brandon Schneider was named the Big 12 COY.

1st time in 25 years a KU Coach has been given this award - - 1997 was last time - Led Ku to a 20-8 & 11-7 league which was the 1st time for a 20 win Season since 99-2000 Season

• Well deserved award for our coach.

• Ladies get the 8 seed.

• @benshawks08 said in KU Women's Hoops:

Ladies get the 8 seed.

ya and if we happen to beat Georgia Tech - then we get blessed and play Stanford lol. - that’s ok – one game at a time

• I haven’t followed our Women’s BB team in this offseason.

Anyone has info on the this year’s team and our expectations.