OK, so we know who is next on Saturday

• Decided last night after the game to Troll the opponents board for Saturday every time I go there it is just crazy how paranoid they are about KU.

Of course last night many , many comments about how KU has the ref’s in their pockets and that the ref’s have already won 4-5 games for KU this year , and how they really don’t think they have much chance winning in the Phog because the ref’s will make sure of that. Just on & on & on. - Then they talk about how their guards will give KU so much problems ( which they very ell might TY , Ty & Wheeler ) I’m not denying that couldn’t happen. My big concern is Oscar I’m worried he will just have a field him and Grady - Grady hitting those 3’s from the outside - -But I’l take my chances with our guys.

A thing I’ve learned with our team this year they have fortitude think that word applies - - if not sorry , but they just stick with it, I’m finding out that with what has happened this year these guys neve give up. - Maybe it’s the experience the age of our guys. - Plus we have that Alpha has emerged Och has turned into the type of player I’ve been talking about and last night was a perfect example. - -He is like in crunch time is like give me the dam ball and get out of my way - not afraid to and wants to -take THAT SHOT when needed.

One other thing these UK fans have parnoia is - - OMG they so worried about the all time wins. How KU is one game behind , it went from fretting about us catching them and now that it’s a possible reality - - NOW they have shifted it’s ok if we catch them because they know who still has the better team and who has more Championships lol - their board makes me laugh. - -Anyways we know who we got hope for a solid game I KNOW the phog will be jumpin - - Last little side note - -The Phog was alive last night, every time we made that basket especially when Och hit the tying 3 in OT - -thought they were going to blow the roof off – love it when it gets like that gives me goose bumps

• Let’s have Big Dave set a screen on the first play, and Wheeler is bound to run into him. The over/under on Wheeler turnovers is 8. For me, I think it’s just another game for us- make it close, and then find a way to pull out the win. It’s what we do.

• @Jethro said in OK, so we know who is next on Saturday:

Let’s have Big Dave set a screen on the first play, and Wheeler is bound to run into him. The over/under on Wheeler turnovers is 8. For me, I think it’s just another game for us- make it close, and then find a way to pull out the win. It’s what we do.

that poor kid just got laid out a couple of times during his last game out lol

• Did a little digging for info on our opponent Saturday. - -Stats match up pretty even, Kentucky has the edge in most area’s but really close all around. : - -Uk 82.3 ppg- - - -KU 81.5 ppg - - Assists UK 16.9 - - -KU 16.4 - -Steals Uk 7.0 - - KU 6.7 - -Blocks - -Uk 4.9 - - KU 4.3 - - fg % UK 49.7 - -KU 49.3 - - FT % - -Uk 73.2 - - KU 70.9 - the Big stat RPG - -Uk 41.7 - - KU 37.3 - -last KU leads in 3 pt % - - KU 36.6 - - Uk 34.9

So what’s all that mean ? - -you can look at it two ways - -you can either throw all those stats out the window - -or go by them - either way it’s gonna be a real barn burner I hope the Phog ought to be Jumpin - LOUD - - REALLY LOUD

Oscar scares the hell out of me but - -Oscar averages - -16.3 ppg and 15.2 rpg - thing is the next highest guy they have rebounding the ball is Brooks and he only averages 4.3 rpg Their best 3 pt shooters is Grady at 43.2 % - -&- -TY TY at 39.7 %

Thing is KU is more of an team effort rebounding the ball. Nobody like Oscar - -BUT team - - Wilson at 6.8 - - -McCorm at 6.7 - - Braun at 5.9 - - & Agbaji at 5 Abaji at 47 % on his 3 pt % - - Martin at 35.7 - - & Braun at - -32.4- – -So whats all this junk mean ? - - Nothing but just thought something to compare - hope we come out focused

• @jayballer67 said in OK, so we know who is next on Saturday:

Oscar scares the hell out of me but - -Oscar averages - -16.3 ppg and 15.2 rpg

He can’t rebound if the shots go in. Surefire way of neutralizing his strength.

• I’m not scared of Oscar. He is going to get his. So that isn’t something to measure for a W. He is going for 20 points and 20 rebounds.

The key is keeping Grady from making his 3 three pointers per game. TyTy sounds like he is a go, so it is making him uncomfortable. That really only leaves Brooks, who I think we actually can guard pretty well. If Wheeler beats us by going for 30, I’ll live with myself.

Overall, I actually think UK is a good matchup for us? They don’t shoot the 3 particularly well. They play a midget PG like us. I think we can get away with playing 2 guards for a decent stretch of the game because Cal won’t abuse our size the same way Allen did.

I feel pretty good about Saturday. The nice long break from a tough Big Monday win hopefully provides some fresh legs (looking at you CB). I also think our guys are going to be fired up for this one, so I expect the effort to be there for 40 minutes. I’ll be at the game, so part of this may just be me psyching myself up for the game… But I’m not that scared of UK.

• We are the college version of the KC Chiefs. We don’t know if our defense will show up, and usually it doesn’t matter because we just need the last 13 seconds to go our way! BTW: I’m not bragging about this. I’ve learned… being this kind of team eventually catches up to you. Hope I’m wrong about us and the Chiefs! GO Chiefs!

Never thought I would give Cal a compliment… but he has found a way to utilize Oscar much better than Huggy Bear did. I was always shocked why Oscar wasn’t performing day in and day out like he does now when he was at WVU. I wonder what the WVU blog says about Oscar now! Maybe he just needed to play for an elite program and feel elite.

I expect this game will be won through two key factors: who controls pace and possessions. Oscar is going to get his rebounds… no stopping that, but can we still win the glass as a team effort? The key for us is people like CB go in there and get his 5 or 6 boards. Same for others. Chai needs to grab 5 or 6. And our secret weapon for this game needs to be Jalen… especially on the glass! He can easily be the guy that flips the stat sheet to a Kansas victory on the glass! To be honest… the matchup I want to see in the paint is Oscar vs KJ!

This is a game our team needs to value possessions. It is downright pathetic when we have high TOs on our home court, especially if we play a lot of minutes with two PGs. I don’t usually get on Dajuan’s ass… but he needs to be sharp in this game and limit his TOs… same for others. And when we make steals… we need runouts! Push tempo!