Spring Game

• Holy crap the offense looks like shit. So many interceptions and fumbles in the first quarter alone.

• So glad Leipold is a run first coach

• APH has looked really good.

• Daniels still has really happy feet.

• @FarmerJayhawk said in Spring Game:

So glad Leipold is a run first coach

Won’t matter if the backs can’t hold onto the football.

I fully expected the defense to look better than the offense simply because of year 3 in a system vs. year 1 for the offense. The issues with the offense aren’t schematic, it’s basic fundamentals like holding onto the damn football, the QB making the right reads, going through progressions. None of those things have anything to do with DeBorg’s offense being new, these are basic things players begin learning in middle school that they still struggle with.

• @Texas-Hawk-10 said in Spring Game:

@FarmerJayhawk said in Spring Game:

So glad Leipold is a run first coach

Won’t matter if the backs can’t hold onto the football.

I fully expected the defense to look better than the offense simply because of year 3 in a system vs. year 1 for the offense. The issues with the offense aren’t schematic, it’s basic fundamentals like holding onto the damn football, the QB making the right reads, going through progressions. None of those things have anything to do with DeBorg’s offense being new, these are basic things players begin learning in middle school that they still struggle with.

They’ll be fine. Wasn’t an issue last year with the same backs.

• Glad they’re getting a ton of punting practice.

• @FarmerJayhawk I don’t like seeing that period because stuff like that means bad habits are creeping in and this team can’t afford that. Bad habits like that become mental blocks for players too frequently.

@FarmerJayhawk I don’t like seeing that period because stuff like that means bad habits are creeping in and this team can’t afford that. Bad habits like that become mental blocks for players too frequently.

I don’t like it either but I’m not going to read much into it.

@Texas-Hawk-10 said in Spring Game:

@FarmerJayhawk I don’t like seeing that period because stuff like that means bad habits are creeping in and this team can’t afford that. Bad habits like that become mental blocks for players too frequently.

There’s just too many plays with bad fundamentals from the offense tonight that I’ve seen that doesn’t make me believe the offense is going to be much better than last year.

There’s just too many plays with bad fundamentals from the offense tonight that I’ve seen that doesn’t make me believe the offense is going to be much better than last year.

Yeah, they won’t be very good. Still way too much youth.

WOW WE COMPLETED A PASS TO A WR!!

Yeah, they won’t be very good. Still way too much youth.

WOW WE COMPLETED A PASS TO A WR!!

I don’t mind the offense being bad because of inexperience because that’s not really controllable. I just don’t like how the offense has looked pretty bad tonight because of fundamental stuff looking like shit.

• Much cleaner in Q3. Can tell Leipold wants to go down there and rip some arse

• Holy god Kendrick that was atrocious. Off the back foot over the middle wooooooof

• just curious of course didn’t finish the 4th quarter but just curious. I thought Neal was on campus early , if he was why didn’t we see any time? Same with Easters and Hawley did they see a snap ? - -if not WHY Not ?

• @jayballer67 said in Spring Game:

just curious of course didn’t finish the 4th quarter but just curious. I thought Neal was on campus early , if he was why didn’t we see any time? Same with Easters and Hawley did they see a snap ? - -if not WHY Not ?

Neal is playing baseball at Lawrence High this spring. Hawley and Easters got the last two snaps.

just curious of course didn’t finish the 4th quarter but just curious. I thought Neal was on campus early , if he was why didn’t we see any time? Same with Easters and Hawley did they see a snap ? - -if not WHY Not ?

I’m going to go with an obvious answer here, I’m guessing Kendrick and Daniels looked significantly better during the spring than Easters and Hawley did.

@jayballer67 said in Spring Game:

I’m going to go with an obvious answer here, I’m guessing Kendrick and Daniels looked significantly better during the spring than Easters and Hawley did.

then I will go with the obvious reply to your obvious answer - -if that’s the case then we FOR SURE are screwed again. Whether they are or showed that much better during spring, you still need to give these other guys reps - -only way they will get better- -It’s the Spring game for GOD’S sake - the way those two handled the game last night THAT’S not very encourgaging sign

Neal is playing baseball at Lawrence High this spring. Hawley and Easters got the last two snaps.

Oh didn’t realize Neal was , I mean ya I remember NOW - -so he didn’t doing any spring football then? - Seriously don’t know , or was he still able to scrimmage in practice ?

then I will go with the obvious reply to your obvious answer - -if that’s the case then we FOR SURE are screwed again. Whether they are or showed that much better during spring, you still need to give these other guys reps - -only way they will get better- -It’s the Spring game for GOD’S sake - the way those two handled the game last night THAT’S not very encourgaging sign

Yes, the offense will being trash again next year unless the UNT kid is a step up from what’s currently here. If Easters and Hawley don’t grasp the playbook yet, they wouldn’t get equal reps in practice yet and would benefit a lot more standing next to the QB coach learning what to look for during a play.

Don’t forget, this is another brand new offense this year and Kendrick and Daniels have to get reps to learn the system as well in a live game situation. As we saw last night, Miles Kendrick is probably going to be the starting QB unless Bean comes in and wins the job this fall which is much more likely if Leipold replaces DeBorg.

Yes, the offense will being trash again next year unless the UNT kid is a step up from what’s currently here. If Easters and Hawley don’t grasp the playbook yet, they wouldn’t get equal reps in practice yet and would benefit a lot more standing next to the QB coach learning what to look for during a play.

Don’t forget, this is another brand new offense this year and Kendrick and Daniels have to get reps to learn the system as well in a live game situation. As we saw last night, Miles Kendrick is probably going to be the starting QB unless Bean comes in and wins the job this fall which is much more likely if Leipold replaces DeBorg.

Couldn’t agree more. Like you say let’s just hope Bean shows up and can take the starting spot. Cause with Kendrick in control - -could get really ugly

I think that the defense has the possibility of being pretty solid this year/salty. We got Terry , Harris ? -& the other guy to go along with what I think is some solid Secondary , the only thing is I don’t care how good the defense is - -if the offense can’t move the ball as we saw last year if we just go 3 & out - - -3 & out – 3 & out doesn’t matter how good a defense you got - -sooner or later they gonna wear down - again as we saw last year - -got to be able to give the defense some blows.

• Ok guys , so here is something I just don’t grasp I guess not do I like it at all whether I grasp it or not. This particular time it just so happens to be dealing with our Football program. Although actually this happens in every sport and I just don’t get it.

Guess the question becomes and just so happens it is with our KU football program THIS time & that is Why the F - - - is it that when a kid decides to leave the program , decides to transfer , WHY is it the kid automatically becomes scum, not worth a shit, a piece of trash , a deserter ? - -What changed ? - still the same athlete - - - still same size - - ability - -so why so instantly has he become worthless , a piece of trash and so on and so on ?

Awfully funny how everyone loved the kid when he was HERE , thinking how talented he was/is , he certainly wasn’t a piece of trash then - - BUT NOW he is ?. - So happens this time it just so happens to be DeJon Terry. - Is that really the case about the kid OR is it possibly , with the new Coaching staff he just didn’t feel comfortable ? -Just didn’t mesh ? - -Does that instantly make him scum ?

If a kid decides with a new system shouldn’t he have the right to transfer out ? - Shouldn’t he be able to go play some where where he feels comfortable ? - wher he fits better with the Coach’s /School ?

How is it fair or different in any way then if a kid comes to play for a School or individual exp ( LES ) -say how is it any different then if he comes to a School to play for a Coach and then the Coach up’s and leaves ? - He came to that School because of the Coach/Coach’s of that Staff. How is it a Coach can just up and leave a School and that’s ok - -BUT if a player wants to transfer out he becomes scum - -trash - -not worth a shit. being forced to stay at a School after the Coach that recruited him is GONE - -how is that right in any way shape or form ?

Terry was a really good player when he was here & he will be a really good player even now. He has not any less of an athlete - he is the same kid now as he was when he played for KU. -I just don’t get it. I don’t grasp or understand , or agree with the hatred and all the trash talking - I call BULLSHIT. this not only goes for the football BUT basketball , baseball what the hell ever. It’s not just here - - it’s everywhere and to me people that act like this are just totally gutless idiots. - The kid deserves to be able to play where he wants to play and nothing but the best wishes to him. - Hope he succeeds at a very high rate. - -People saying OH I hope we get a chance to play him - -and if you do? - - AND WHAT? - you hope he gets taken out by someone - -you hope he get’s hurt playing against us ? - -ya that works - -tha’ts real mature

• @FarmerJayhawk There is no damn excuse. Kansas should have the best punter in the nation EVERY year. If you want to punt - get your ass to Lawrence, Ks.

• @nuleafjhawk said in Spring Game:

@FarmerJayhawk There is no damn excuse. Kansas should have the best punter in the nation EVERY year. If you want to punt - get your ass to Lawrence, Ks.

Punters like winning too though.

• @Texas-Hawk-10 But they don’t get to do their job if the stupid offense scores on every possession! We need to consider the punters feelings too! Lol