Homecoming vs. Cowpokes

• So much for our defense not being terrible.

• 🤮🤮🤮🤮

• @nwhawkfan Defense can’t stay off the field because the offense can’t do anything. And sounds like the depth in defense was already depleted going into this game so fatigue looks like it’s setting in early.

• Looks like crowd is at max capacity of what’s allowed.

• Kendrick in at QB.

If the old saying goes, “When you’ve got two quarterbacks, you’ve got no quarterbacks,” what is it when you’ve got three?

• @nwhawkfan Not a voluntary QB change though. This is a QB change due to injury as Daniels hurt his leg taking a sack.

• And Daniels going back to the locker room so probably done for the day.

• Dam , the real question is WHERE are we seeing any improvement ? - I mean this offensive line is just BAD. If you can maintain a block for more then 0ne two seconds and no create any kind of a hole for even as talented as Pooka is - - how the hell can you expect ANY kind of a running game? - - you really can’t blame ANY of our QB’S when they are constantly running for their lives , can’t even begin to let a play develop because the O-line can’t hold a block.

This team is really really sad. Hard to phantom this team generates any kind of revenue for the Athletic program. Hard to generate revenue wit empty stands, that’s where were headed. - -I just don’t see ANY improvement no signs of encourgment - just terrible play

• A lot of people forget about KU’s Mike McCormack being in the football HOF. He went to my high school. I was supposed to go back to KC next week for our alumni reunion, but that ended up being postponed (again) due to the virus.

• people say we can’t drop football because it’s the majority revenue maker - can’t see how that’s possible when it’s as lousy as it is - -I would have to think Our Basketball has to be pushing the - I mean this is close to embarrassing. - Teams drool at the mouth when they see KU coming up on their schedule - -time to pad the stats - -Good GOD man

• @jayballer67 I often wondered why we couldn’t move Homecoming to basketball season.

• @nwhawkfan said in Homecoming vs. Cowpokes:

@jayballer67 I often wondered why we couldn’t move Homecoming to basketball season.

who knows, just gets really discourgaging week - - -after week - - after week getting beatin like a drum

• @jayballer67 said in Homecoming vs. Cowpokes:

people say we can’t drop football because it’s the majority revenue maker - can’t see how that’s possible when it’s as lousy as it is - -I would have to think Our Basketball has to be pushing the - I mean this is close to embarrassing. - Teams drool at the mouth when they see KU coming up on their schedule - -time to pad the stats - -Good GOD man

It’s because of the TV contracts with ESPN/Fox. That’s where the majority of the football revenue comes from.

• Just plain ugly. Switching channels over to The Preakness. Unlike KU football, they have the horses.

• @Texas-Hawk-10 said in Homecoming vs. Cowpokes:

@jayballer67 said in Homecoming vs. Cowpokes:

people say we can’t drop football because it’s the majority revenue maker - can’t see how that’s possible when it’s as lousy as it is - -I would have to think Our Basketball has to be pushing the - I mean this is close to embarrassing. - Teams drool at the mouth when they see KU coming up on their schedule - -time to pad the stats - -Good GOD man

It’s because of the TV contracts with ESPN/Fox. That’s where the majority of the football revenue comes from.

makes sense but man can’t figure out WHY ESPN and FOX would even want to broadcast such an diaster - -I would think the viewership the ratings would be really really low

• you would think they could fill their contract obligation with any other BIG12 game anyone other then this

@Texas-Hawk-10 said in Homecoming vs. Cowpokes:

makes sense but man can’t figure out WHY ESPN and FOX would even want to broadcast such an diaster - -I would think the viewership the ratings would be really really low

Most of the Big XII teams we play are in the Top 25 and have a decent share of viewers.

Dam , the real question is WHERE are we seeing any improvement ? - I mean this offensive line is just BAD. If you can maintain a block for more then 0ne two seconds and no create any kind of a hole for even as talented as Pooka is - - how the hell can you expect ANY kind of a running game? - - you really can’t blame ANY of our QB’S when they are constantly running for their lives , can’t even begin to let a play develop because the O-line can’t hold a block.

This team is really really sad. Hard to phantom this team generates any kind of revenue for the Athletic program. Hard to generate revenue wit empty stands, that’s where were headed. - -I just don’t see ANY improvement no signs of encourgment - just terrible play

It’s not entirely on the OLine. The QB’s are zero threat passing the football so defenses are stacking the box and blitzing at will. Bender and Stanley were good enough passers that defenses to respect their passing abilities and open things up for Pooka. MacVittie, Daniels, and Kendrick are all terrible passers so defenses will load up to stop the run because none of those three are good enough to win games on their own and get the ball consistently to the WR’s who are actually a decent group of receivers.

Because they are contractually obligated to broadcast every B12 football game. 2:30 on ESPN is not a prime broadcast slot because it’s not ABC/CBS. None of KU’s 3 games so far have been in desirable broadcast spots.

• @Texas-Hawk-10 said in Homecoming vs. Cowpokes:

Because they are contractually obligated to broadcast every B12 football game. 2:30 on ESPN is not a prime broadcast slot because it’s not ABC/CBS. None of KU’s 3 games so far have been in desirable broadcast spots.

ahh gotcha - - thanks

• if you really want to try and find something. - - - Prunty playing - ALOT Freshman , - - Daniels playing - - -Freshman - - - Hishaw playing some - -big boy hard running - - Freshman - really , really , really young - -there is another freshman playing a lot - -Deuce Mayberry playing - - -a Freshman

• https://mobile.twitter.com/accnetwork/status/1312541937627525123?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

Let’s try a different offense. We have a ton of skilled rb’s in this program and we keep running a spread style offense. We’ve been running a version of this since mangino. At least mangino knew how to recruit it. Ku needs to go with a different offensive style. Stop trying to run what everyone else is running. Go against the grain and add more of an option style under center attack with some passing. It will run more clock, limit possessions, helps the defense rest and stop other teams, also easier to teach run block schemes. Under Snyder, KSU was very successful running a slower paced style. We’ve seen other schools adopt this and be successful. Les miles needs to go back to his roots and be a defensive minded coach who controls the clock. We aren’t going to out play all of the south schools on spread rpo offense.

• Forget about the results I am disappointed in lack of scheming and play calling. Our OC needs to create a better playbook to get the chain moving. Same old plays will not get the job done.

• @AsadZ You can’t run the same plays with a 1st year player that you can with a 4th or 5th year player. Dearmon can only expand the playbook as much as Daniels can handle when Daniels is in the game.

It’s pretty clear that Daniels doesn’t know how to read a defense yet which is an absolute must in order to effectively run an RPO based offense like Dearmon’s. That hole in Daniels game limits what Dearmon can call when Daniels is in the game.

Dearmon can use more of the playbook when Kendrick is in the game, but Kendrick just isn’t good enough execute those plays consistently.

• @nwhawkfan Oh, come on now. We have horses too. At least the back end of the horses.