Portal/transfer , now THIS would P - - - me off if true.

• now guys I’m sure some have seen this, and I sure can’t say how reliable this is BUT If this is true , I’d be spitting bullets-- -cause it’s just ridiculous- - - insane.

Seeing this from TOS agin if true this is where the NIL is ruining College sports.-----Supposedly a bidding war on Jayden Quaintance – being reported that his price is between 1.5— -to 2 Million----SORRY there is NO DAM WAY that kid is worth that kind of money , Period.- Someone pay that then GOOD FOR YOU and then your fan base will wonder lar why you spent that kind of money.- - Good, ya , he is kind of got , but sure the hell not 2 million good.–This NIL crap is total BS…

• A good rule of thumb is every NIL number you hear cut in half and you probably are in the ballpark

• @jayballer67 I’m about 98.5% ruined on college sports now. And the only pro team I follow is the Chiefs. So, I guess I need to find some new hobbies.

• @FarmerJayhawk said in Portal/transfer , now THIS would P - - - me off if true.:

A good rule of thumb is every NIL number you hear cut in half and you probably are in the ball park I would sure hope so, no college undcrclass really not proven is not worth that kind of money

• @nuleafjhawk said in Portal/transfer , now THIS would P - - - me off if true.:

@jayballer67 I’m about 98.5% ruined on college sports now. And the only pro team I follow is the Chiefs. So, I guess I need to find some new hobbies.

This keeps going like this I’m not far behind

• If it works out in our favor I’ll keep watching lol

• To some degree, as much as all of us are sickened today by the influences of NIL… this will settle down with fans in a few years. I know we all had this idea that players (before NIL) came to Kansas because they love the school, coach, and the history, but lets face it, most top tier players came here because they thought it would be good for their futures beyond KU. NIL has brought business to the top and we don’t like facing the reality that was always there before, but we lived in a dream.

Now that is out of the way… what happens to players that DO have a strong love for a school? My guess… they may sacrifice a little NIL to go where they want, but I’m pretty sure most will limit talking about that love ahead of signing because of the fear that will limit their NIL as NIL programs see it takes little enticement to sign them.

ANNUAL UGLINESS! More and more we will face athletes going into the portal each year just to renegotiate NIL, even if their hopes are to stay with the same school. Also, more will enter the draft while keeping their amateur status alive just to test the waters. As ugly as this is, guaranteeing we will all suffer blood pressure problems, this will become standard and we will just get used to it.

GOOD NEWS! The best news is how the NCAA is losing all credibility and power. How we were treated with this last threat to our program will end up being the exclamation point on a disastrous tenure by a corrupt institution. Their delays were a tactic to punish us before the punishment they levied, and it worked! Go back and look at our recruiting the past 5 years. I guarantee you we lost out on many top recruits during this time because of the dark cloud.

• @drgnslayr I’ll tell you what’s happening to the plyers or a lot of them that love the School, – - --Alot of those kids are being recruited over and a lot of times ran off. .I’m talking about players that yes they came to play for that Coach, that School. They wasn’t driven as much by the NIL , maybe they don’t need the money as badly, maybe their morals , their standards are different.

These plyers are players that came to the School and have been good enough to be starters for one , two , three yrs, and ya maybe they are getting SOME NIL but again they came to play for a particular Coach/School.

To show how this NIL has made College sports a business, took the fun out of the game for some players that do love the School just for being that school - - These same Coach’s that recruited these kids that were starters and loyal to the School , these Coach’s are now ALL IN for this dam NIL, and recruiting over these guys whether deserved or not that has given that School everything that they could, but these same dam Coach’s that recruited them and telling these kids at the time how much the School needed them-- wanted them are screwing them , . These Coach’s see these OTHER maybe better players and they are throwing all this NIL money at those players and just as much saying go screw the pooch- -your out to the one’s who have dedicated their time/effort and loyalty for that Coach - -Where is the Coach’s loyalty to those players ?

These players that commit to the School- – -The Coach , and who have given everything they got and then some are getting the shaft put to them -the players like KJ Adams - -Like Juan Harris , and some other’s that have taken so much crap from SOME of the fan base - -I would take these guys in a minute, the type of guys who isn’t afraid to dive on the floor for loose balls, or defend , or take shots in the mouth , dive over chairs to save balls from going out of bounds.-- while your NIL prissy boys what do they do - -They are worried about-- give me the ball - -watch me shoot-----watch me NOT DEFEND or do all that silly stuff, I ain’t got time for all that’s because IT’S ALL ABOUT ME - -these type of clowns have no concept of team play all they are interested in is THEMSELVES and MONEY- they don’t give a s - - - about team, School , or Coach-- screw that – NIL has totally ruined the College game

• @jayballer67

I feel your heart in this. Glad to see a fan who still has heart in the game (and school)!

The game is so different from a couple of decades ago. Top and mid-tier players have already made monster sacrifices in their lives to get to the level of play worthy for PT at a major university. Those sacrifices extend to their families, too. Many of them will transfer to several high schools (finishing schools). They’ll play on AAU teams and play tournaments, often requiring major travel and time… and of course, energy. Many of these parents don’t have the resources to do it all.

What I’m getting at… most of the talent we are shopping for (like buying a new/used bicycle) are guys who already sacrificed everything imaginable to be in this position. Even though NIL is weird, and the transfer portal causes heart attacks (ha… mine!), I am so glad players started receiving benefits and have more control on their futures. Granted… many may make huge mistakes, but it’s on them then.

I’ve had contact with parents/family of great recent players. I can guarantee you they are stroking out more than fans! Every time we sign a player, and then recruit over him… imagine what that player, his family, and close friends go through! At this point in time, I’m not even sure it is a good thing for us to recruit players that are real KU fans. Regardless of what coaches and admins say, that means exactly NOTHING to us picking that player and that player getting PT. This is a business… THIS IS A BUSINESS!

I love KU basketball! But I try to be realistic! I view it as top-notch entertainment and put it on a level like a great movie! Watching movies… you have to “buy in” to the plot or it fails to be a great movie!

Just “buy in” and enjoy the ride for what it is worth! And it is worth whatever YOU make it to be!

• Well I guess I’ll post this here. Gist of the article is Storr was negotiating with Illinois way back in February and had a handshake deal with them. Not coincidentally maybe the Badgers after ascending to the 6th spot in the rankings swooned. KU at some point outbid Illinois of course. The article points out some of the flaws we’ll see with Storr too, and I think character is one of them.

https://badgerstripes.com/2024/04/22/it-was-a-mistake-for-wisconsin-basketball-to-bring-in-aj-storr/#google_vignette

• @drgnslayr there’s a lot of crappy movies out there. And the ticket prices are the same for good or bad ones. At least the concessions are cheap.

• What theater are you going to that has cheap concessions???

• @nuleafjhawk said in Portal/transfer , now THIS would P - - - me off if true.:

@drgnslayr there’s a lot of crappy movies out there. And the ticket prices are the same for good or bad ones. At least the concessions are cheap.

Of course. That’s why you are a Jayhawk and not a purple kitty! You enjoy good movies! lol

• @bskeet must be sneaking his own in, just guessing. They’re not cheap here.

• @bskeet the theater of High Sarcasm.

• @bskeet said in Portal/transfer , now THIS would P - - - me off if true.:

What theater are you going to that has cheap concessions???

I was just getting ready to ask the same thing. They are ?- - - - Where ? lol

@bskeet the theater of High Sarcasm.

Lol. Well said.

• @nuleafjhawk Overpriced taunting or fried mockery?

• I’m hearing Philon left because Acuff will sign. It’s a rumor now. Anyone have knowledge or comments about it?

He’s a gifted scorer, especially for a PG. Can he run the offense well? Will he be a multi-year player? (I think so)

• @drgnslayr

He got scared from a guard that hasn’t at least officially committed here who wouldn’t play here until Philon was a Soph. Can’t buy it but wouldn’t surprise me either with today’s youth and those that influence them.

I have seen that it’s actually Elmarko and Jamari likely returning that got them worried about playing time. Regardless Philon and his camp aren’t that interested in adversity so it’s 🤷

• It was more nobody on our squad transferred

• The amount of minutes we may have returning is frankly shocking given the mood immediately after the season.

• @drgnslayr said in Portal/transfer , now THIS would P - - - me off if true.:

I’m hearing Philon left because Acuff will sign. It’s a rumor now. Anyone have knowledge or comments about it?

He’s a gifted scorer, especially for a PG. Can he run the offense well? Will he be a multi-year player? (I think so)

Thing is , Bossi was saying the two Schools to watch for him to go to now ia Alabama & Ol Miss.–Bossi stated that the thing is that the big reason he was transferring was because of the depth in KU back court and his possible minutes he would be getting, saying Ku back Curt is crowded or will be.- Looking to be able to play minutes

Bossi also said that the thing is Bossi doesn’t understand because the two Schools that was mentioned ,Alabama & Ol Miss is Philion would be in the same spot that he is at KU- -both those Schools same shape KU is in or will be. Just another case of a kid feeling entitled where the spot should just be given to him , insed of him having to prove he deerves to be that starter…

• @FarmerJayhawk said in Portal/transfer , now THIS would P - - - me off if true.:

It was more nobody on our squad transferred

But he already had a spot didn’t he?