2024 recruits

• Boy oh boy I am so jacked for our class 2024 recruits. If they can translate that talent they have displayed in High School over to the College game , and all sign and sources say they will - -A big part of it is our Dessert Edge recruits from Arizona - -Oh Bubba.

First though Austin Alexander has been upgraded to a 4 star , which gives KU-- FIVE four star recruits which the reporter he had been reporting on the KU scene for quite awhile and this is the best class that he has seen since 1999.

Then comes the REAL STUD of the class - - -Deshaun Warne from Dessert edge. - -The kid just got invited to the All American bowl - -& was named the 2023 Curly Culp defensive lineman of the year aw absolute stud. - - some of his line for the yr , he recorded - - -20 TFL’s - - -16 sacks - - 2 Int’s - - & 7 forced fumbles - pretty impressive line. He is going to be one of the early enrollee too - -Early signing can’t get here soon enough - - -ROCK CHALK

• It sure where to put this, but Iowa State TE Deshawn Hanika is transferring to KU. He was involved in the gambling issue at ISU. 6’6”, 225.

• @Gorilla72 said in 2024 recruits:

It sure where to put this, but Iowa State TE Deshawn Hanika is transferring to KU. He was involved in the gambling issue at ISU. 6’6”, 225.

Mercy are we sure this is what we want ? - -I mean with our history of questionable players and situations -does Alterio Morris come to mind ? - -True maybe not as big on the Grand Scale - but just to even mess with kids that have had encounters and situations? , do we need another ?. - -Guess have to trust Coach L

• @jayballer67 nah we good. A little gambling, where he’s already served his suspension, isn’t remotely comparable to Arterio. Frankly my brain never would’ve connected the two.

• @FarmerJayhawk said in 2024 recruits:

@jayballer67 nah we good. A little gambling, where he’s already served his suspension, isn’t remotely comparable to Arterio. Frankly my brain never would’ve connected the two.

I’m not trying to say he is an arterio- - just saying had problems with the law in this gambling crap - -who is to say can’t happen again or worse ? – with our track record of some things that have happened with players if it happens, just another back eye for the School

Question being also we really not that bad of shape where we are in a major need of another TE. - Just think that Scholi could of been saved for more important need like D-Line or linebacker position , that’s all

• @jayballer67 he’s learned his lesson after being suspended a full season and losing a year of eligibility.

I think we do need one more TE. We usually play with 2 on the field and we’re losing Fairchild and Huggins. So we’d have Kardell, Casey (who really is more of a H Back), and freshmen. So the added depth is good. He probably starts

• A week to go till signing day. - -I’m just a nervous wreck , we have such a great group coming in -would just make me sick to lose some of these guys - -Marshall , Brinley , Alexander Warner. I think were good but you know how these dam schools are - -always trying to get the flip right up until the day. - -Fingers crossed.

• kind of hard to believe just how far we have come. - -Remember when we were recruiting players who were not even p-5 offers and competing against smaller schools ? - -Now we going to war with some of the big boys for recruits and were winning a fair share of them.

We going against major league Schools now , schools like Iowa , Michigan , Auburn , Florida , Tenn , Georgia , Oklahoma , LSU , USC , Cal , Oreg St , Oreg , Washington , Penn St , Texas A & m - to name some. - - wasn’t that long ago we couldn’t even get these kid of recruits to acknowledge us - -now we knocking on the door s and they are not only answering the door were getting in - -Love this staff - -love the team and the turnaround – -ROCK CHALK

• Is the isu player the Lawrence kid?

• @jayballer67 said in 2024 recruits:

A week to go till signing day. - -I’m just a nervous wreck , we have such a great group coming in -would just make me sick to lose some of these guys - -Marshall , Brinley , Alexander Warner. I think were good but you know how these dam schools are - -always trying to get the flip right up until the day. - -Fingers crossed.

We good. Not losing a single one of them. 6 are chomping at the bit to be college kids in a few weeks.

@jayballer67 said in 2024 recruits:

A week to go till signing day. - -I’m just a nervous wreck , we have such a great group coming in -would just make me sick to lose some of these guys - -Marshall , Brinley , Alexander Warner. I think were good but you know how these dam schools are - -always trying to get the flip right up until the day. - -Fingers crossed.

We good. Not losing a single one of them. 6 are chomping at the bit to be college kids in a few weeks.

That’s a relief I know that. I know we got fair amount of early enrollee’s -also know we got some real studs coming in

• @jayballer67 said in 2024 recruits:

@FarmerJayhawk said in 2024 recruits:

That’s a relief I know that. I know we got fair amount of early enrollee’s -also know we got some real studs coming in

Like JaCorey Stewart, MOP of one of the Georgia state title times. Had the pick 6 to end it. LB.

@FarmerJayhawk said in 2024 recruits:

Like JaCorey Stewart, MOP of one of the Georgia state title times. Had the pick 6 to end it. LB.

Ya , think he has a chance to be really good. Also some others that stick out , - - Austin Alexander , one of the top CB’S in the 24 class - -12 other P-5 offers , like Iowa , Michigan , USC , & Wisc to name a few of them - - I think Harry Stewart might be a nice surprise , good RB - then we have Jalen Todd, think he had just about everyone recruiting him - over 30 offers from many impressive Schools that we won the battle.

I think Damani Maxson got a good chance to be very solid for us - Then I think a close race for the cream of the crop between two players. - - -Deshawn Warner , kid is an absolute stud, DE - had over 16 other offers and was stated one of the better edge prospects in the 24 class -if we put him on one side and then Dakyus Brinkley on the other could be holy terror, cause havoc on QB for some time to come. - Then the other one I think is up there with Warne for the best of class is our incoming QB. , had over 20 other offers, finished 2nd in the State of Michigan for Most Valuable player in the State, a lot thought he hsould of been THE most vluable player Farmer. - -word is that just another JD-6 only faster - had schools like Michigan , Kentucky , Ol Miss and others. - I’m pumped about these guys Farmeer, future looking bright.

• Very solid addition. Able to play safety or the hawk https://x.com/Devin_Dye6/status/1737193919266631843?s=20

Very solid addition. Able to play safety or the hawk https://x.com/Devin_Dye6/status/1737193919266631843?s=20

In what I read from Swain , he said Dye was our 2nd portal commit Farmer , do you know who the other one is – haven’s seen anything on another.

• @jayballer67 yep, the TE we talked about last week!

@jayballer67 yep, the TE we talked about last week!

Oh ya that’s right thanks. I swear my memory gettin bad, had already forgot about him

• Got our third portal transfer DE — - Dylan Wudke - -pretty solid stats , played last year at Youngstown St. - -6’4 -will just have the one year, hope he makes the most out of it.

• Got a really great start to signings. - -looks like we got or committed 17 High School and 3 portal players. – Just waiting on only 4 left high school kids. - One big one yet to send his letter- -Austin Alexander- – come on Big fella we need you in the Nation. - one of the top CB’s i the 224 class, hs offers from Iowa , Michigan USC & Wisc to name a few

We got a couple of our BIG STUDS already - -we got our QB , first one to sign at like 608 this morning - -HUGE, kid going to be incredible. , some services name him a the MOP in the State of Michigan , led his team to the 6 A title, 3rd ranked overall player in the State of Michigan.

Then we got out Big time player- - Deshawn Warner this kid - -wow - -been invited to the All American game , had 16 sacks this season , highest rated recruit KU has ever gotten in the inernet eera ranked the # 148th best overall player in the Nation - -held off Ohio St & Michigan for him- - they tried really hard to get him to visit -but NOPE

One other that was a huge get in this class is Dakyus Brinkley -4 *- DE- - incredible player. Can’t wait to see Warner on one end and Brinkly on the othre - -mercy.

Had offers from Bay , Oklahoma , Oreg , Penn St , Texas , Texa A & M to name a few. - -LOVE THIS CLASS

• Got them all - -All 17. - -Dam Marshall looks sweet, great arm - - -speed, can’t wait to see him on the field, gonna be tough for him next yr. Be patient buddy , your future awaits

• Highest rated recruit ever signed today. Exciting stuff to see someone choose us over OSU and Michigan. Deshawn Warner. Your tables ready.

• KU got a commitment today from the D2 Remington Award winner for best center in D2.

• Here is your future Leader. - -Marshall already showing leadreship, quoted from twitter " Same Team - -Same Goals - -No Switching up , Warner throwing in comments also - -That’s our boys

• Well went back and watched so video, from this past Season and gotta say I’m am so stoked , got the juices really flowing, gave me goosebumps just hearing the crowd thought out loud dam this is actually KU and their fans making this kind of noise - it was the KU / K/State game , Devin busting loose for 36 yard TD and crowd just roaring. with what we got returning and the guys coming in - - Big 12 put on notice - - WERE COMING trap em up - -your gonna need it. - - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• Good Grief - - -has anybody seen the Calves & Thighs on our Running back Harry Stewart?

We have some Bruises with Stewart & Hishaw— they gonna punish some people

• Red Martel, freshman RB entering the portal? He’s been there 3 months.

• @Gorilla72 said in 2024 recruits:

Red Martel, freshman RB entering the portal? He’s been there 3 months.

Good grief, must of not worked out, buried on depth chart–RB room is loaded.—Morrison still here---- Stewart think gonna be a stud—then I guess Johnny has been running some with 1st team then of course Hi-Shaw - and then our real stud.

But dam he afraid of competition, earn his spot?-- -I mean come on - -nothin given

• Yeah Red more or less disappeared awhile ago. Stewart was way, way better.

Yeah Red more or less disappeared awhile ago. Stewart was way, way better.

Nos sure ,yet pretty sure year 25 recruit I’d love to land would make my legs weak if we could land is —Linkin Cure i believe is the correct name Farmer.—In stat kid just about everyone after- -would love to pull him in

• @jayballer67 he’s going to Silo Tech in all likelihood

@jayballer67 he’s going to Silo Tech in all likelihood

Ya that’s what I’m afraid of. I would rather he go to some BIG school or SEC School anywhere then K/Straight.— K/Straight always was President Nixxon’s favorite High School. Always was-- Always will be. -

• Also, “On Thursday, safety Akili Hubbard entered the portal and on Friday defensive end Davion Westmoreland and running back Red Martel went into the portal, sources tell 247Sports.” Is there that much depth at these positions? I know RB is good.

• @Gorilla72 safety is easily the deepest position on defense. End is… opposite

@Gorilla72 safety is easily the deepest position on defense. End is… opposite

you beat me to it—I think we are in really good shape at Safety—like who w got thee a lot.–Our CB’s are studs—RB’s is crazy wish we were a little deepr at or in D-L—hopefully have a couple really good Edge rushers

Robinson pretty decent, & if Warner develops like we all believe and he was in High School - - look out