Random KU Basketball stuff

• Anytime you see KU in some random thing mention it here.

I just read Mike Jordan’s first college game was against Kansas, a game in which he scored 12 points and in true to form fashion, felt disrespected by KU saying “They didn’t think I could shoot”. If anyone has seen the basketball show on the Bulls, it seems like MJ was just always looking for slights.

Q Ball is a terrific netflix series on a highly performing basketball team in San Quentin Prison. The team plays some outside teams including a team that calls themselves the Golden State Warriors. Mainly it’s front office people in the organization and the coach is Aaron Miles. He gets a few nice little cameos in the series towards the latter part anyways.

The net of KU basketball spreads wide so as you see these things post them here.

• Jordan was amazing. You’re right, fed off of anything he could conjure up - real or imagined. Rarely do we see the incredible combination of competitiveness, leadership, and skill, if ever, other than Jordan. Jordan was just real. Magic and Bird fall near that category, in my mind, but still a step below to total package that was Michael Jordan. Oddly, I’ve always felt Magic was the best overall player of all time. This documentary has swayed me a bit.

• @HighEliteMajor His arrogance is what is just overwhelming me in this documentary. I am sure that if I got to know most of my sports heroes I’d realize that they too were quite arrogant, but he just goes beyond anyone. The last episode he calls out George Karl for walking by him and not saying hi in a restaurant before the 96 finals. Well it’s possible George didn’t see MJ, but it’s also 100% assured that MJ didn’t say hi to George either and maybe George is getting offended by Michael not saying hi to him.

• @wissox said in Random KU Basketball stuff:

Anytime you see KU in some random thing mention it here.

I just read Mike Jordan’s first college game was against Kansas, a game in which he scored 12 points and in true to form fashion, felt disrespected by KU saying “They didn’t think I could shoot”. If anyone has seen the basketball show on the Bulls, it seems like MJ was just always looking for slights.

Q Ball is a terrific netflix series on a highly performing basketball team in San Quentin Prison. The team plays some outside teams including a team that calls themselves the Golden State Warriors. Mainly it’s front office people in the organization and the coach is Aaron Miles. He gets a few nice little cameos in the series towards the latter part anyways.

The net of KU basketball spreads wide so as you see these things post them here.

Bigtime Jordan fan, and you are right, it seems that damn near everyone slighted him. Is it just me, or is The Last Dance not particularly putting him in a good light? Punching not one but atleast two teammates, while using as Barkley (love me some Barkley) said, “selective persecution.”

• @Marco True, but I guess he had something to do with the production, so maybe he’s ok with it. Despite my negative take on him, I was always glad to be a Bulls fan because of him and the others. I’m still pissed Krause broke the team down.

• @wissox Me too, was just giving my take on it.