Going to be interesting to see how this plays out

• Was listening to our local sports program here off WIBW just a few minutes ago.

The said this just came out about an hour ago , This coming from the President of Baylor. Starting to see the whole broad picture from this Corona virus.

Was reported that Baylor will be taking a 65 -80 MILLION Budget cut in the upcoming School year and ATHLETICS WILL be included. Like they said you know it will be including Athletics - - People be pretty upset if they cut Budget in Biology , their Music, various other depts. instead of the athletic cut. that’s SIXTY FIVE MILLION on the low end , pretty decent chunk of money. - -hey are basing these cuts from - -Less Enrollment - - - Tuition – and other things.

They have a 1.4 Billion Endowment but like they said you just can’t pull money out of an endowment fund at the drop of a hat, THAT money goes for Research projects and a variety of other different uses.

I think your going to see a lot of this because of what has happened. Like they were talking this kind of thing is going to quite possibly hurt some of the SMALLER schools, as I believe they said you have to maintain like 15 sports programs men and women’s to maintain your P-5 status, and with these cuts that is really going to punch some schools right in the gut. - -could get very interesting

• Cincinnati cut their soccer program completely today as well. This is going to start happening all over the country. I would also imagine it is only a matter of time before Self, Les, Long, and others take a pay cut as other schools have done.

This thing is going to wreak havoc on Universities and athletic departments.

• @Woodrow said in Going to be interesting to see how this plays out:

Cincinnati cut their soccer program completely today as well. This is going to start happening all over the country. I would also imagine it is only a matter of time before Self, Les, Long, and others take a pay cut as other schools have done.

This thing is going to wreak havoc on Universities and athletic departments.

Oh for sure , your going to see Coach’s – Professors take cuts-- -All across the Board. - -Going to be interesting to see how it effects some of the lesser sports in ALL Schools. - Got a feeling isn’t going to be just Cincinnati