MLK Day

• Happy Martin Luther King Jr. Day to the buckets crowd! Dr King was a great man and stood for a great cause people can still learn a ton from him about fighting for the cause. “Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” “Life’s most persistent and urgent question is, 'What are you doing for others?“ two of my favorite quotes from him.

• @kjayhawks My favorite quote has always been…

MLK2020.jpg

• I’d like to think I’d march w/him if I was in that time period, or sit w/Rosa Parks.

• @Crimsonorblue22 And, I’d like to think I’d be right there with you‼

• This one is one of my favorites and not one of the more well known, “But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear?… It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity.”