Houston Nuked From Orbit

• https://twitter.com/jeffpassan/status/1216796081457111040?s=21

Hinch and Luhnow suspended for a year, $5m fine, no first or second round picks in 20 and 21.

MLB really sending a message to not cheat.

• Aaaaand now they’re fired. AL West just got a lot more competitive long-term.

• I was going to say, if Hinch isn’t fired than I don’t see the deterrent here.

Cora is about to have an anvil dropped on his head from the top of the Empire State Building.

• Kcmatt7 said:

I was going to say, if Hinch isn’t fired than I don’t see the deterrent here.

Cora is about to have an anvil dropped on his head from the top of the Empire State Building.

Would just be to sit a year and forfeit his salary, which I assume is substantial but haven’t looked it up.

Oh yeah, I can’t see Cora surviving this. Not only did he lead it in Houston, he carried to to Boston AFTER MLB said explicitly to knock it off or there will be severe sanctions.

• https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/28476354/how-internet-helped-crack-astros-sign-stealing-case

It doesn’t look like the players will be punished at this point. What’s your opinion on a fitting punishment? I’m of the opinion every batter that stepped to the plate and benefited from sign stealing (banging on trashcans etc.) should be permanently banned from baseball. Every last one of them.

Pete Rose bet on baseball, usually on his team to win and is permanently banned from baseball/hof. What these players did is far worse. Their actions changed the outcome of a World Series! Let Charlie Hustle in the hall and kick these jokers out!!!

• @dylans the longer they play and The more people get busted. It makes the MLB look bush league for not letting Rose in. They can’t prove he ever bet on anything but his team to win. Which shouldn’t be done but it’s not like he was point shaving like several have been busted doing in BBall. The Patriots only get a slap on the wrist for cheating.