Those Other Places Are Great

• But there’s no place like Kansas.

I’ve been to the Dean Dome and Cameron Indoor. Neither compare. https://t.co/CGKpNA1Q9F

• I have heard that Hinkle Fieldhouse is a great place too … have you been there?

• I haven’t! But it’s definitely on the hoops bucket list

• FarmerJayhawk said:

I haven’t! But it’s definitely on the hoops bucket list

Dean dome just to big I think. - you lose some of that cozy close college atmosphere. There have been times where I thought you like to see Ku have a new place enlarge to like 20,00 still would sell out -BUT you just lose something - our mystique . - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• jayballer73 said:

FarmerJayhawk said:

Dean dome just to big I think. - you lose some of that cozy close college atmosphere. There have been times where I thought you like to see Ku have a new place enlarge to like 20,00 still would sell out -BUT you just lose something - our mystique . - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

Very much so. The footprint is just enormous and the ceiling is much, much higher than Allen. Makes it hard to fill (especially this year) and mostly quiet. Part of that is the UNC fanbase (the wine and cheese stereotype is oh so accurate) and part is the place is just sterile. Like an NBA arena sans suites.

• Funny, game guys at TT are talking about the full house, seriously?🤣🤔

• Bucket list places I would like to see games at. I would love to see a game a Cameron because it is a unique place and a great atmosphere. I know it’s suffering from some similar issues that AFH does in regards to shifting around the seating for high end donors and students that’s dulled it a bit just like AFH.

Assembly Hall at Indiana is a great atmosphere when Indiana is good. Hinkle is up there as well.

The Palestra in Philly is on my list. MSG is on there as well because I’d love to see the Big East tournament there one day.

Not really too many places out west I’d love to see. Only two I can really think of are the Pit at New Mexico and Edmundson Pavilion at Washington.

• FarmerJayhawk said:

jayballer73 said:

FarmerJayhawk said:

Very much so. The footprint is just enormous and the ceiling is much, much higher than Allen. Makes it hard to fill (especially this year) and mostly quiet. Part of that is the UNC fanbase (the wine and cheese stereotype is oh so accurate) and part is the place is just sterile. Like an NBA arena sans suites.

ya I’ve kind of thought along those lines with UNC. - -it’s almost like your at a tennis match.- - UNC scores and at times it’s almost like a guy serving an ace at Wimbleton. - -nice polite clap and then back again to sipping your wine. - - THAT’S not College Basketball. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• Texas Hawk 10 said:

Bucket list places I would like to see games at. I would love to see a game a Cameron because it is a unique place and a great atmosphere. I know it’s suffering from some similar issues that AFH does in regards to shifting around the seating for high end donors and students that’s dulled it a bit just like AFH.

Assembly Hall at Indiana is a great atmosphere when Indiana is good. Hinkle is up there as well.

The Palestra in Philly is on my list. MSG is on there as well because I’d love to see the Big East tournament there one day.

Not really too many places out west I’d love to see. Only two I can really think of are the Pit at New Mexico and Edmundson Pavilion at Washington.

Cameron’s atmosphere is very odd. It’s a cool place, just odd. First thing I noticed other than it being tiny is the baskets hang from the ceiling like a HS gym, not on stanchions. It’s also odd because in the student sections there aren’t seats, just risers so you have to stand the entire time. Cameron Indoor

• jayballer73 said:

FarmerJayhawk said:

jayballer73 said:

FarmerJayhawk said:

ya I’ve kind of thought along those lines with UNC. - -it’s almost like your at a tennis match.- - UNC scores and at times it’s almost like a guy serving an ace at Wimbleton. - -nice polite clap and then back again to sipping your wine. - - THAT’S not College Basketball. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

Absolutely. And the place is just cavernous. Dean Dome nosebleeds

• FarmerJayhawk said:

Texas Hawk 10 said:

Bucket list places I would like to see games at. I would love to see a game a Cameron because it is a unique place and a great atmosphere. I know it’s suffering from some similar issues that AFH does in regards to shifting around the seating for high end donors and students that’s dulled it a bit just like AFH.

Cameron’s atmosphere is very odd. It’s a cool place, just odd. First thing I noticed other than it being tiny is the baskets hang from the ceiling like a HS gym, not on stanchions. It’s also odd because in the student sections there aren’t seats, just risers so you have to stand the entire time. Cameron Indoor

I have a couple of friends that went to school there and I just like that it’s essentially a giant HS gym with an old school feel. Most of the other gyms on my personal list are also in the old school arena vibe.

Assembly Hall and the Pit just have really great atmospheres, acoustics inside the arenas, and cool architecture so that’s why I have them there.