Question ?

• Ok, so got me to wondering. - -Here is the Question - - Why does the local beat sports writers feel the need - - feel the desire to bring up players that have run a foul of the law that aren’t associated in any way shape or form with the University of Kansas anymore - -these individuals - aren’t even connected in any way - yet these writers feel the need to plaster this crap all over anyways?

Batista the headline reads : Former KU football player - -key word FORMER - - - he waived his right and is going to trail for so he is accused of pointing a shotgun in this girls face - -it’s almost like they get some kind of high reporting this crap - - -sure makes for the program looking like a black eye and the handling of the student athletes.

Really no need to plaster it in the KU sports section if they are not part of the program - -no longer here - -they are in the past - they made their future - -now it’s up to them to figure it out - -just not something that needs to be out has nothing to do with any of our Current KU athletic programs - WHY?

• @jayballer73 That’s why you should try and recruit good people too. Aaron Hernandez is a Florida Gator for life (oh yeah, hehe) too.

• dylans said:

@jayballer73 That’s why you should try and recruit good people too. Aaron Hernandez is a Florida Gator for life (oh yeah, hehe) too.

lol - - ya – for life. - - ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• If a player did something while they were at school --during their tenure with the team – and subsequently left the program and even left the university, it’s still relevant news. Sometimes, even if they do something after leaving the team, it is news. It just depends on what they did while they were at school and the nature of the incident.

Remember it cuts both ways. When a former student-athlete (or even student) does something great, it will also be newsworthy.

• I think it’s asinine personally, the kid was removed from the football team roster over a month before this incident happen. It literally has f**k fire nothing to do with university or the football program. I’ve been to dozens of KU athletic events and am a Alumni member maybe if I get arrested they will make a headline “Kansas Booster busted” just to get more clicks. It’s all about the clicks my friends, 90% of media outlets have false or misleading headlines. IMO there is no need for KU to be in the headline, I would be fine if they said something about him being dismissed from the team. No logical reason to include KU in the headline.

• kjayhawks said:

I think it’s asinine personally, the kid was removed from the football team roster over a month before this incident happen. It literally has f**k fire nothing to do with university or the football program. I’ve been to dozens of KU athletic events and am a Alumni member maybe if I get arrested they will make a headline “Kansas Booster busted” just to get more clicks. It’s all about the clicks my friends, 90% of media outlets have false or misleading headlines. IMO there is no need for KU to be in the headline, I would be fine if they said something about him being dismissed from the team. No logical reason to include KU in the headline.

well said I couldn’t agree with you more. - I think this fricken media I swear it’s like they are waiting with baited breath like buzzards it seems sometimes. -That was kind of my point -hell he had already been dismissed from the team - in no way shape or form was he a part of KU athletics anymore- yet - they feel the need to still associate him with us - -we have had enough negative pub - yet we have to deal with this crap - -ENOUGH all ready. -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY