New OC - -Again

• Les has hired Les Koennings as his new OC latest stop I think they said was southern miss I think. - -had stops for Texas A & M - -Had stop at Alabama – - and spent some time with Charlie Strong at Texas just a ways back - - -hope he can get us going

• @jayballer73 This is hire is really cool for me because his dad was my high school coach for 2 years before he retired after the 2001-02 school year. Les was last at So. Mss, his most prolific experience as OC was at Mississippi St. as he helped develop Dak Prescott.

• I dont think it’s near as big of a hire as Lindsay was but lets see how he does. @Texas-Hawk-10 that’s cool, sometimes we forget how small the world is.

• @kjayhawks Koenning is not a flashy hire, but he has a long track record of producing quality offenses, including in the B12 and SEC and he has very strong recruiting ties to Houston since his dad was a head coach in the city for about 25 years.

• @Texas-Hawk-10 what type of offense does he run?

• @kjayhawks He runs a spread offense, although I don’t know how well KU’s current personnel at QB fit his preferred styles. His most successful offenses have typically had a very mobile QB running the show. At Texas A&M, he had Reggie McNeil and Stephen McGee, most, if not all of his QB’s at MSU were mobile including Dak Prescott who was by far his most high profile QB. The QB during UAB’s first season back featured a QB who ran for over 1,000 yards.

If MacVittie can be a mobile QB adapt at running the zone read, that’s been a staple of a signature Les Koenning offense.

• MacVittie has been clocked in the 4.5 range. At this point I’d consider him a better runner than passer. So at least there’s that. A great friend of mine was in the AD at UAB when Koennig was there. He loves him. So we’ll see! Tough to get a quality candidate now when most candidates looking to move already have new jobs and nobody can bring along any assistants.

• Texas Hawk 10 said:

@jayballer73 This is hire is really cool for me because his dad was my high school coach for 2 years before he retired after the 2001-02 school year. Les was last at So. Mss, his most prolific experience as OC was at Mississippi St. as he helped develop Dak Prescott.

for myself - -I have no clue on the guy - -I’m not that intelligent on these football Coaches - if they good hire bad hire - - -I will say though for what it’s worth - a lot or seems like a lot of the people there doesn’t think it is a good hire at all. – Now me I can’t say - -does look like he has had some good stops. - -ROCK CHALK ALL DAY LONG BABY